We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Volkswagen Arteon car insurance rates
Get moderate insurance rates with this family-friendly hatchback.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Volkswagen’s new take on a four-door includes a slightly higher price tag, family-friendly body style and safety features. All these combine into an expected rate of $197 per month, or $2,364 per year. While over $1,000 above the average, that cost steers in line with comparable models like the Kia Stinger.
Compare car insurance for your Volkswagen Arteon
How do I compare insurance for the Arteon?
Expect moderate rates and midlevel coverage with its hatchback body, yet a higher MSRP of $35,000.
- Body type. The Arteon is a four-door sedan with coupe-inspired style and a hatchback rear, muddying the car’s class. However, it should stick to lower insurance rates no matter which of these body types it claims.
- Fuel. This upcoming model has official EPA ratings of 25 mpg combined, which may not help fuel-conscious drivers.
- Theft. Older Volkswagens do have a history of theft, but theft rates of new models are nearly nonexistent. You might expect as much for the Arteon.
- Maintenance. Because the car is just making its debut, there’s not much maintenance information. Its standard sedan and hatchback modeling should mean simple repairs. Yet its German make and intriguing body mashup may require some specialized parts.
- Coverage. Consider moderate insurance coverage due to the car’s above average price tag and European parts. You might also look into uninsured/underinsured motorist to cover the car’s value and comprehensive coverage in case of theft.
- Insurer options. Most insurers will cover this car, which gives you the flexibility to pick the best rate.
- Warranty. Volkswagen makes this new model more desirable with its 6-year, 72,000-mile limited warranty. It also includes 1-year brake pad and 6-month wiper blade wear-and-tear replacement. But unlike most manufacturers, VW doesn’t include roadside assistance on new models. Consider adding to your car insurance policy if you’ll need towing.
Does the Volkswagen Arteon qualify for discounts?
The Arteon includes several safety features that may qualify for discounts:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Blind spot monitoring
- Forward collision warning
- Lane-keeping assistance
- Parking assistance
- Pedestrian monitoring
- Rear traffic alert
How reliable is the Volkswagen Arteon?
You won’t find much information about the Arteon’s reliability because of its new arrival on the market. However, consider that Volkswagen has similar models with good safety ratings as well as a lengthy warranty.
- Safety. Top safety organizations haven’t yet rated the Arteon, but you could look forward to similar Good IIHS ratings as the Passat and CC.
- Reliability. This new model doesn’t have much reliability information. Its reliability could go either way, as some VW cars perform well while others are plagued with engine problems. However, keep in mind the car’s lengthy warranty to protect you in the first few years.
- Recalls. Currently, there are no recalls on this brand new model.
This coupe-styled sedan with a hatchback rear, above average sticker price, safety features and low theft likelihood may get you a moderate insurance premium. Compare providers for this new Volkswagen, or look into rates for another car.
Common questions about the Volkswagen Arteon
Read more on this topic
When can I use my phone when driving? When are you allowed to use your phone while driving in each state?
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.