Shopping for insurance can be tedious and frustrating — especially if you don’t know how to navigate its terms and coverage.
Travelers Insurance can get you the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Its five-step online guide to the perfect policy takes the frustration out of making important insurance decisions in building the exact protection for nearly any situation.
What is Travelers?
Around for more than 150 years, Travelers Insurance is an industry innovator that offered the the first policies for cars, not to mention hybrid car discounts and even coverage for galactic travels through the International Space Transport Association. It is the only property casualty company rated by Dow Jones and the No. 1 insurance company in 17 states.
Travelers claims a high standard for customer service with quick and efficient support when you need it through more than 12,000 claims professionals nationwide.
What sets Travelers Insurance apart?
Travelers insurance offers a five-step guide to help you find the exact coverage at the lowest rates you’re eligible for. It maps out the information you need and the questions you should ask when making insurance choices. And if you still need help after going through the guide, you can walk through the process with the support of a professional.
Pros and cons
- Financial strength. A.M. Best rates Travelers A++, indicating exceptional savings and its ability to pay claims.
- Multiple discounts. Save on students and teens, safe drivers, electric cars and for using autopay.
- Friendly website. Get the info you need online easily, including on-the-spot quotes.
- Access to agents. Travelers has many offices in every state, offering agent support around the clock.
- Limited service. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, Louisiana, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia or Wyoming, you’ll need to look elsewhere for coverage.
- Fees for paying by check. If you opt to mail in a check to cover your premium, you’ll pay a fee.
Travelers auto insurance competitors
What car insurance coverage does Travelers offer?
Travelers offers full coverage across all 50 states and Washington, DC.
- Bodily injury liability. This protects you if you injure someone with your car, but it doesn’t cover damage to you or your car.
- Personal injury protection coverage. Pays for the medical expenses of an injured driver and passengers in your car.
- Medical payments, no-fault or personal injury protection coverage. If you or anyone in your car is ever hurt in an accident, medical coverage pays for medical expenses.
- Uninsured or underinsured coverage. Covers you for damages and injuries caused by an uninsured driver or a driver with inadequate coverage.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage. Covers you for damages other than a collision, like vandalism.
- Collision coverage. Pays for damage to your car when your car hits or is hit by another car.
- Property damage liability. Protects you if your car damages someone else’s property.
- Emergency roadside service. Helps if you break down and you need roadside repairs.
- Rental reimbursement. Covers the cost of a rental car while yours is being repaired.
- Gap coverage. Closes the gap between what your car’s worth and what’s owed when your car is totaled in an accident.
- Rideshare insurance. If you drive for a company like Lyft or Uber, limited liability is typically provided for the times when you’re hauling passengers only. Travelers fills in the gaps between riders so that you’re always covered.
Does Travelers offer any other types of insurance?
Travelers insurance offers coverage for just about anything you value, including home, flood, life, boat and business coverage.
Travelers is one of the top five insurance companies in the country — and it has a reputation for being good at what it does. It offers many discounts and low rates to suburban drivers and those with clean driving records.
To make sure that you get the best coverage for your money, compare quotes from companies offering services in your state.