Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic insurance rates
This all-electric luxury SUV rides in comfort and style — and it's reasonable to insure.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic is an electric SUV that’s surprisingly affordable to insure for a luxury vehicle. The average insurance cost for an EQC 400 4Matic is expected to be around $250 a month, or $3,000 a year — about double the average annual rate for most car models. But with a base price of $67,900, the annual insurance cost-to-base ratio is right at the national average of 4%, making it a reasonable luxury car to insure.
Compare car insurance for your Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic
How do I compare insurance for the EQC 400 4Matic?
Insurance on electric vehicles is more expensive than gas-powered ones due to more expensive repairs, fewer qualified technicians and fewer number of EVs on the road.
- Body type. The EQC is a compact crossover SUV, and it’s an all-electric luxury vehicle — all of which increase its insurance rates.
- Fuel. The EQC runs on all-electric power with a reported range of between 200 and 220 miles on a single charge. This isn’t the farthest range in the electric luxury SUV market, but should be enough for your daily commute. Repairing electric motors can be more expensive than gas, which partially offsets the savings you’ll see from not having to fill up the tank.
- Theft rates. Mercedes-Benz is the most commonly stolen luxury brand in the US. This fact will play a role in the EQC’s rates, though it’s also true that electric vehicles have a much lower theft rate than gas-powered vehicles mainly because they need to be locked away in order to properly charge.
- Maintenance. Average annual maintenance costs on the similar model Mercedes-Benz GLC is over $1,000, according to Repair Pal’s website as of December 2019. Electric vehicles tend to require less frequent maintenance, but costs are typically higher than for gas-powered vehicles. These factors play a prominent role in the EQC’s insurance rates.
- Coverage. As a luxury vehicle costing north of $65,000, you’ll likely want as much coverage as possible. This includes both comprehensive and collision coverage, on top of high liability limits. Also be sure to add on uninsured motorist property damage with either $50,000 or $100,000 limits.
- Warranty. Mercedes-Benz offers a basic warranty of four years, 40,000 miles with the option to extend it to 100,000 miles. There’s also expected to be a separate warranty for its electric battery. All Mercedes-Benz warranties come with roadside assistance, which allows you to skip it on your insurance policy.
- Manufacturer offer. Mercedes-Benz routinely has various special discounts and offers for its new vehicles, such as cashback offers, special leasing discounts and low APRs financing options. Check with your local dealership to find the best option for you.
Does the Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic qualify for discounts?
The Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic could qualify for various vehicle discounts, but the exact ones will depend on the model you buy and your insurance company.
- Electric vehicle discount
- Active restraint discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Antilock brakes discount
- Antitheft discount
- Airbag discount
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic?
Official safety ratings in the US haven’t been released at the time of this writing, but you can reasonably expect the EQC 400 4Matic to be similar or better than the GLC. Additionally, the EQC 400 4Matic has a five-star safety rating from Australian regulators.
- Safety. US News & World Report rates the 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC, a similar model, with a safety rating of 9.8 out of 10. The 2019 GLC also holds the Top Safety Pick+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). You can safely expect similarly high safety ratings for the EQC 400 4Matic, but official ratings won’t be released until after it hits the market.
- Reliability. J.D. Power gives the 2019 GLC an 83 out of 100 for reliability, while Consumer Reports gives it a 3 out of 5 star rating. The EQC 400 4Matic should receive at least average or above average ratings for reliability, based on these previous ratings for the GLC.
- Recalls. Mercedes-Benz typically has fewer recalls than its competitors. However, the EQC is its first all-electric vehicle, so there is some risk of encountering a recall.
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic is an all-electric luxury compact SUV. The vehicle itself is priced lower than its competitors and good safety features help make its insurance rates affordable, especially considering it’s an electric luxury vehicle.
Before settling on a new policy for your new EQC, be sure to compare different insurance companies to find the one with the best rates.
Frequently asked questions about the Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic
Read more on this topic
Kia Mohave insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it? Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Compare Root vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Progressive?
Compare Root vs Geico car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Geico?
Polestar 1 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 1.