Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Lincoln Aviator car insurance rates
Expect reasonable rates compared to similar luxury SUVs.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Lincoln Aviator owners may get a break with a lower premium — for a luxury car that is. Since the model has similarities to the Lincoln Navigator, you might see the same insurance rate of $159 a month or $1,908 a year, about $600 above the national average. With a base price of $51,100, the annual insurance cost-to-base car price ratio is 4%, right at the national average.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Lincoln Aviator
How do I compare insurance for the Aviator?
The Aviator’s stately frame might’ve run your premium down but it still requires luxury coverage. Also, this model is reported to have mechanical problems, probably due to faulty manufacturing. Factors to consider when finding an insurance provider for this SUV:
- Body type. The SUV should earn a thumbs-up from your insurer because its large size could hold its own in an accident.
- Fuel. Expect nothing less than than the SUV mileage standard with the Aviator’s combined fuel rating of 20 mpg unless you go with the plugin hybrid.
- Theft rates. The Aviator has a history of theft — with several older model years totaling 600 or 700 thefts — which could raise insurance rates.
- Maintenance. The primary concern lies in reports of mechanical problems, resulting in a high return rate to manufacturing facilities. Ford is diligently working to diagnose and resolve all issues to get the vehicles back on the road.
- Coverage. Any luxury vehicle may need a luxury policy, offering you agreed value coverage and higher limits to protect the money you’ve put into your luxury vehicle.
- Insurer options. You’ll have fewer insurance options for luxury car insurance, and that could raise your rate.
- Warranty. Lincoln gives you a standard four-year, 50,000-mile warranty and unlimited mileage roadside assistance.
Does the Lincoln Aviator qualify for discounts?
The manufacturer decks out the Aviator in safety features that could qualify for car insurance discounts, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Stability control
- Electric vehicle discounts for the hybrid
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aviator?
This SUV is more steeply priced than the average car and requires luxury insurance. Drivers will get the experience of a 400-horsepower, twin-turbocharged V6 engine — more power than usual for its class — which brings higher insurance rates.
How reliable is the Lincoln Aviator?
The Aviator has high safety expectations, but has experienced some unresolved manufacturing problems already.
- Safety. Top safety organizations haven’t rated the upcoming model, but its sibling the Navigator holds a 5-star rating from the NHTSA.
- Reliability. The Aviator has an above-average predicted reliability of 3.5 out of 5 stars from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. The Aviator has had a rocky start with thousands of vehicles experiencing mechanical problems. Ford is working to resolve the model’s problems, which may be related to manufacturing errors.
The luxury Lincoln Aviator was expected to have high safety ratings, leading to an expected premium only slightly above average for its class. However, its current mechanical problems could lower its safety scores until Ford resolves the problem.
Frequently asked questions about the Lincoln Aviator
Read more on this topic
Kia Mohave insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it? Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Compare Root vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Progressive?
Compare Root vs Geico car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Geico?
Polestar 1 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 1.