We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Lincoln Aviator car insurance rates
Expect reasonable rates compared to similar luxury SUVs.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Lincoln Aviator owners may get a break with a lower premium — for a luxury car that is. Since the model has similarities to the Lincoln Navigator, you might see the same insurance rate of $159 a month or $1,908 a year, about $600 above the national average. With a base price of $51,100, the annual insurance cost-to-base car price ratio is 4%, right at the national average.
Compare car insurance for your Lincoln Aviator
How do I compare insurance for the Aviator?
The Aviator’s stately frame might’ve run your premium down but it still requires luxury coverage. Also, this model is reported to have mechanical problems, probably due to faulty manufacturing. Factors to consider when finding an insurance provider for this SUV:
- Body type. The SUV should earn a thumbs-up from your insurer because its large size could hold its own in an accident.
- Fuel. Expect nothing less than than the SUV mileage standard with the Aviator’s combined fuel rating of 20 mpg unless you go with the plugin hybrid.
- Theft rates. The Aviator has a history of theft — with several older model years totaling 600 or 700 thefts — which could raise insurance rates.
- Maintenance. The primary concern lies in reports of mechanical problems, resulting in a high return rate to manufacturing facilities. Ford is diligently working to diagnose and resolve all issues to get the vehicles back on the road.
- Coverage. Any luxury vehicle may need a luxury policy, offering you agreed value coverage and higher limits to protect the money you’ve put into your luxury vehicle.
- Insurer options. You’ll have fewer insurance options for luxury car insurance, and that could raise your rate.
- Warranty. Lincoln gives you a standard four-year, 50,000-mile warranty and unlimited mileage roadside assistance.
Does the Lincoln Aviator qualify for discounts?
The manufacturer decks out the Aviator in safety features that could qualify for car insurance discounts, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Stability control
- Electric vehicle discounts for the hybrid
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aviator?
This SUV is more steeply priced than the average car and requires luxury insurance. Drivers will get the experience of a 400-horsepower, twin-turbocharged V6 engine — more power than usual for its class — which brings higher insurance rates.
How reliable is the Lincoln Aviator?
The Aviator has high safety expectations, but has experienced some unresolved manufacturing problems already.
- Safety. Top safety organizations haven’t rated the upcoming model, but its sibling the Navigator holds a 5-star rating from the NHTSA.
- Reliability. The Aviator has an above-average predicted reliability of 3.5 out of 5 stars from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. The Aviator has had a rocky start with thousands of vehicles experiencing mechanical problems. Ford is working to resolve the model’s problems, which may be related to manufacturing errors.
The luxury Lincoln Aviator was expected to have high safety ratings, leading to an expected premium only slightly above average for its class. However, its current mechanical problems could lower its safety scores until Ford resolves the problem.
Frequently asked questions about the Lincoln Aviator
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.