What to expect when insuring your Lexus LC
According to our research, the average cost to insure a Lexus LC is around $204 a month, or $2,448 a year. Your actual cost could be more or less, depending on your driving record, the number of miles you drive in a year, your age and gender and other factors.
Lexus LC car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Compare insurance providers that cover Lexus LC
How to compare insurance for the Lexus LC
When comparing your insurance options for your Lexus LC, consider these factors:
- Price. The Lexus LC is a luxury sports car, so you can expect to pay more than the national average to insure it. However, be wary of skimping on insurance coverage. You might end up footing a hefty bill if you need to make repairs and have limited coverage.
- Deductible. While a higher deductible could lower your monthly premium, repairing your Lexus could mean high out-of-pocket costs for you down the road.
- Coverage. Luxury car owners often choose to add more coverage options on top of the state minimum requirements because repairs can be costly. You may want to add collision coverage to offset the expensive repairs that come with the Lexus LC, as well as comprehensive coverage if you live in an area prone to flooding, hurricanes or theft.
- Manufacturer offers or other discounts. The Lexus LC comes equipped with lots of safety features, which could help you save on your monthly insurance premium.
What factors affect car insurance for the Lexus LC?
Luxury sports cars like the Lexus LC can be more expensive to insure than some other makes and models, both because repairs can be pricey and because sports car drivers are considered a higher risk for speeding.
However, the luxury car also comes standard with safety features including a backup camera, anti-lock braking system, 10-airbag system and more that can help you score a discount on your premium.
In general, the fancier package you get with your Lexus LC, the higher the value of your car — and the more expensive it is for insurance companies to provide coverage.
Driver factors and insurance costs
Beyond the make and model of your vehicle, other factors like your age, gender, location, credit score and accident history can affect your car insurance rates. Additionally, drivers who own designer sports cars like the Lexus LC will often be considered a higher risk for speeding, which may increase your rates.
Does the Lexus LC qualify for discounts?
Aside from unlocking a new car discount, the Lexus LC comes equipped with lots of safety features that could help you save on your monthly premium, including:
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Emergency braking assist
- Blind spot and lane departure warnings
- Comprehensive airbag system
- Seat belts with automatic pretensioners that engage in a collision
- Ignition disable device when manufacturer’s key is not detected
Reliability and safety ratings for the Lexus LC
JD Power gives the Lexus LC a 4 out of 5 rating for reliability, which isn’t surprising, considering that most Lexus models rank above average for this rating.
Because the Lexus LC was just released, official safety testing results aren’t available just yet. This sports car does come standard with a variety of safety features, including stability control, anti-lock brakes and automatic seat belts.
There is one recall on 2018 Lexus LCs to be aware of. For 2018 Lexus LC models with a 5.0L V8 engine and two high-pressure fuel pumps, damage to the pulsation damper in one of these fuel pumps may occur. This damage could result in fuel leakage, which may cause a fire.
The Lexus LC series maintenance
Like many luxury sports cars, the Lexus LC gets better fuel mileage than most SUVs, trucks and vans, especially when traveling on the highway. The average fuel economy for this model is 26 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
However, luxury cars like the Lexus LC can be on the expensive side to maintain:
- An oil change for your Lexus LC could cost you around $110.
- The average cost of brake pad replacement for a Lexus LC is around $180 per axle.
Did you know
Lexus is Toyota’s line of luxury vehicles, which is one of the reasons why Lexus vehicles continue to rank high in reliability. In fact, Consumer Reports ranks Lexus as the fourth most reliable car brand currently available.
A Lexus LC will probably cost more than the national average to insure because it’s an expensive vehicle to purchase and repair. As a luxury sports car, it’s also considered a higher risk for speeding and accidents, which could raise your premiums. But the variety of safety features that come standard with this Lexus model may help you unlock some discounts.
Compare car insurance rates from different companies to help you find the best value for your coverage.
Compare Lexus LC competitors
Looking for other car brands? Compare car models like the Lexus LC.
Frequently asked questions about the Lexus LC
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out: