Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Jeep Gladiator car insurance rates
Jeep’s new pickup attracts offroad driving and high insurance rates.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Jeep is entering the pickup truck market with the 2020 Gladiator, its first pickup truck since the Comanche in the early ‘90s.
The average cost of insurance for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is expected to be higher than the Wrangler’s price of $254 a month, or $3,048 a year. With a starting price of $33,545, this places the Gladiator’s annual insurance cost-to-base ratio around 9%, which is considerably higher than the 4% national average.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your 2020 Jeep Gladiator
How do I compare insurance for the Gladiator?
Insurance on the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is expected to be higher than average for a compact truck.
- Body type. Although it’s essentially the Wrangler with a bed, pickups are more expensive to insure.
- Fuel. Fuel economy for the Gladiator is around 19 mpg combined, meaning you’ll need to factor in the higher gas costs when determining your overall vehicle costs.
- Theft rates. The Jeep Wrangler is one of the more commonly stolen vehicles, so if the Gladiator sees similar theft rates, expect higher insurance premiums.
- Maintenance. Maintenance on the Gladiator will partly depend on how much offroad driving you do. But, the better you take care of your vehicle the better your premiums.
- Coverage. Since it’s a brand-new model, you’ll probably want to consider carrying at least comprehensive and collision coverage for an extra cost, especially if you’re financing your Jeep. This will cover you for theft and other risks that could happen to your car while offroading.
- Warranty. Jeep offers a five-year, 60,000-mile powertrain warranty through Fiat’s Mopar service. The warranty usually comes with roadside assistance, which allows you to skip that coverage on your insurance until your warranty expires.
Does the Jeep Gladiator qualify for discounts?
Yes, although safety discounts will partly depend on the edition of the Gladiator that you purchase. Here’s some you may see:
- Active restraints
- Antilock brakes
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Passive disabling
How reliable is the Jeep Gladiator?
The new Gladiator is awaiting official reliability and safety ratings, but the similar Wrangler sees middling scores in both categories.
- Safety. The Jeep Gladiator has no official safety ratings, but the similar Wrangler offers only average safety ratings
- Reliability. Reliability ratings haven’t officially been released, but J.D. Power gives it a predicted rating of just 2.5 of 5, the same as the Wrangler.
- Recalls. Jeep’s had a bad run of recalls. Jeep experienced over 1.5 million recalls in 2013 on multiple models, and the 2019 Wrangler already has two recalls for the steering wheel and front track bar.
The 2020 Jeep Gladiator is the carmaker’s latest foray into pickup trucks based on its popular Wrangler frame. Reliability and safety ratings aren’t official yet but are expected to be middle of the road, unlike the predicted insurance rates.
If you decide on buying the Gladiator, compare insurance companies to find the lowest rate possible on this already expensive model.
Frequently asked questions about the Jeep Gladiator
More guides on Finder
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Compare manual vs. automatic car insurance
Cars with stick shifts cost a little less to insure than automatics
Branch car insurance review 2021
Branch auto insurance takes a community-focused approach with friend referral discounts.
How does coronavirus affect car insurance?
The virus won’t change coverage, but it could affect claims and communication with your insurance company.
How to lower car insurance costs
No one wants to pay more for car insurance than they need to. Compare the easiest ways to pay less on your monthly car insurance bill.
Compare car insurance by fuel type
Your vehicle’s fuel type plays a significant role in determining its car insurance rates.
Compare convertible insurance
Your convertible may be less expensive to insure than you think.
Compare pickup insurance
Pickup trucks can be expensive to insure. Find out how to save on pickup insurance.