We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Jeep Gladiator car insurance rates
Jeep’s new pickup attracts offroad driving and high insurance rates.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Jeep is entering the pickup truck market with the 2020 Gladiator, its first pickup truck since the Comanche in the early ‘90s.
The average cost of insurance for the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is expected to be higher than the Wrangler’s price of $254 a month, or $3,048 a year. With a starting price of $33,545, this places the Gladiator’s annual insurance cost-to-base ratio around 9%, which is considerably higher than the 4% national average.
Compare car insurance for your 2020 Jeep Gladiator
How do I compare insurance for the Gladiator?
Insurance on the 2020 Jeep Gladiator is expected to be higher than average for a compact truck.
- Body type. Although it’s essentially the Wrangler with a bed, pickups are more expensive to insure.
- Fuel. Fuel economy for the Gladiator is around 19 mpg combined, meaning you’ll need to factor in the higher gas costs when determining your overall vehicle costs.
- Theft rates. The Jeep Wrangler is one of the more commonly stolen vehicles, so if the Gladiator sees similar theft rates, expect higher insurance premiums.
- Maintenance. Maintenance on the Gladiator will partly depend on how much offroad driving you do. But, the better you take care of your vehicle the better your premiums.
- Coverage. Since it’s a brand-new model, you’ll probably want to consider carrying at least comprehensive and collision coverage for an extra cost, especially if you’re financing your Jeep. This will cover you for theft and other risks that could happen to your car while offroading.
- Warranty. Jeep offers a five-year, 60,000-mile powertrain warranty through Fiat’s Mopar service. The warranty usually comes with roadside assistance, which allows you to skip that coverage on your insurance until your warranty expires.
Does the Jeep Gladiator qualify for discounts?
Yes, although safety discounts will partly depend on the edition of the Gladiator that you purchase. Here’s some you may see:
- Active restraints
- Antilock brakes
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Passive disabling
How reliable is the Jeep Gladiator?
The new Gladiator is awaiting official reliability and safety ratings, but the similar Wrangler sees middling scores in both categories.
- Safety. The Jeep Gladiator has no official safety ratings, but the similar Wrangler offers only average safety ratings
- Reliability. Reliability ratings haven’t officially been released, but J.D. Power gives it a predicted rating of just 2.5 of 5, the same as the Wrangler.
- Recalls. Jeep’s had a bad run of recalls. Jeep experienced over 1.5 million recalls in 2013 on multiple models, and the 2019 Wrangler already has two recalls for the steering wheel and front track bar.
The 2020 Jeep Gladiator is the carmaker’s latest foray into pickup trucks based on its popular Wrangler frame. Reliability and safety ratings aren’t official yet but are expected to be middle of the road, unlike the predicted insurance rates.
If you decide on buying the Gladiator, compare insurance companies to find the lowest rate possible on this already expensive model.
Frequently asked questions about the Jeep Gladiator
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.