Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Jaguar XJR car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring your Jaguar XJR.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The XJR has a sedan body, which is by far the cheapest type of vehicle to insure. You could also score extra points on your insurance with its driver assistance and anti-lock braking features.
The average insurance rate for the Jaguar XJR is $110 per month, or $1,320 per year. That rate is over $100 less than the annual national average of $1,426.
Compare insurance for your Jaguar XJR
How do I compare insurance for the XJR?
Although the XJR is a luxury car, it’s also a sedan — which is the cheapest type of car to insure. Though it may get expensive with repairs, especially if using a Jaguar specialist.
- Body type. The XJR is a luxury sedan, which is usually considered less risky to insure than other luxury vehicles like sports cars.
- Fuel. This car isn’t known for its fuel economy and is rated between 15 to 21 mpg.
- Theft. The XJR has a history of theft, a factor that could raise insurance rates.
- Maintenance. Maintenance and repairs can be expensive, especially if going to a Jaguar specialist. XJRs in general also need regular servicing to stay in good long-term condition.
- Coverage. Because this car has fairly high theft rates, consider adding comprehensive coverage to protect from theft or vandalism, and higher coverage maximums to cover specialized parts needed for repairs. Also, consider luxury car insurance, which often offers agreed value coverage and higher limits.
- Warranty. Newer models usually come with a 6-year, 60,000-mile warranty, helping you cover basic repair needs.
Does the Jaguar XJR qualify for discounts
To get your premium even lower, you could find discounts for the XJR’s many safety features.
- Body type.The XJR’s sedan body is likely the cause for its low average insurance rates.
- High MSRP. The car’s six-figure price tag makes it a more costly car to repair during an accident. This could increase your premium.
- More coverage. You may choose luxury car insurance or policy add-ons that will increase your rate.
- Powerful engine. This luxury sports car packs more than 500 horsepower in the 2018 model. That fact may make it more tempting to drive at higher speeds, increasing insurance risk.
- Specialized repairs. Any Jaguar may need special parts or mechanical service for repairs. This could increase your insurance rate.
- Theft. The car has multiple theft reports. However, that history could be related to how long this Jaguar model has existed.
How reliable is the Jaguar XJR
This car has moderate to poor standards for reliability, based on its mid-range crash test ratings and low reliability ratings. The XJR has also faced various recalls over the years, though newer models tend to be more reliable.
- make or model here.
Frequently asked questions about the XJR
More guides on Finder
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Heacock Classic car insurance review February 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
Acceptance car insurance review Feb 2021
Consider Acceptance if you’re a high-risk driver, but prepare for the possibility of a negative customer service experience.
Compare van dweller insurance
Nail down the right insurance for your budget and van type, including converted vans or Sprinters.
GoAuto car insurance review February 2021
Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Grundy classic car insurance review February 2021
Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
Ask an Expert