Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Jaguar XJL car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring your Jaguar XJL
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The XJL is a roomy sedan with relatively low insurance rates for a luxury car. On the other hand, the XJ series isn't known for its reliability. This car’s average insurance rate is $110 per month or $1,320 per year. Compared to the national average of $1,426 per year, this rate is about $100 cheaper.
Compare insurance for your Jaguar XJ
How do I compare insurance for the XJL?
The XJL is a continuation of Jaguar’s XJ series, although this car includes a bit more room in the backseat. Its bigger size and price tag could raise your premium. The XJL also comes with an extensive warranty, maintenance plan and roadside assistance to take care of repair needs.
- Body type. This luxury sedan comes with a longer wheelbase and roomier backseat than a standard XJ. The bigger size could raise your premium.
- Price tag. This car has a high tag price around $76,000 MSRP. However, that’s still moderate for a luxury performance car.
- Theft. This car doesn’t have many theft reports, especially when compared to the standard XJ.
- Fuel. This sedan gets moderate fuel efficiency. It’s rated at 21 mpg for combined city and highway.
- Maintenance. Jaguar includes an extensive maintenance plan with its warranty on all new XJL cars.
- Coverage. You could choose standard coverage to save on your premium. However, consider extra coverage to protect yourself during an accident. You may want comprehensive, loan/lease gap, uninsured/underinsured motorist and collision with a high limit.
- Warranty. This car comes with a limited 5-year, 60,000-mile warranty that includes scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance.
Does the Jaguar XJL qualify for discounts?
This car comes with a host of safety features that may help you receive insurance discounts:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- Parking sensors
- Blind spot monitor
- Rear traffic monitor
- Low tire pressure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Driver condition monitor
- Emergency braking
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Child safety locks
- Backup camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XJL?
The XJ series doesn’t include high reliability ratings and has no data on crash testing safety. The series has also involved multiple recalls, suggesting the manufacturer hasn’t quite perfected its production.
- Safety. The XJL doesn’t have any crash testing data from top safety organizations. This may be due to the car’s lower rate of sale than other lower-priced family sedans.
- Reliability. In general, the XJ series has a poor predicted reliability rating of 2 out of 5 from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. The XJ series has included many recalls, involving problems with software, airbags, windshield wipers, rear-wheel alignment and more.
The Jaguar XJL has an extensive warranty and few theft reports. Despite its luxury status, the car typically has low insurance rates. However, XJ cars aren’t generally known as reliable vehicles.
Frequently asked questions about the XJL
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
Ask an Expert