Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Jaguar XJL car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring your Jaguar XJL
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The XJL is a roomy sedan with relatively low insurance rates for a luxury car. On the other hand, the XJ series isn't known for its reliability. This car’s average insurance rate is $110 per month or $1,320 per year. Compared to the national average of $1,426 per year, this rate is about $100 cheaper.
Compare insurance for your Jaguar XJ
How do I compare insurance for the XJL?
The XJL is a continuation of Jaguar’s XJ series, although this car includes a bit more room in the backseat. Its bigger size and price tag could raise your premium. The XJL also comes with an extensive warranty, maintenance plan and roadside assistance to take care of repair needs.
- Body type. This luxury sedan comes with a longer wheelbase and roomier backseat than a standard XJ. The bigger size could raise your premium.
- Price tag. This car has a high tag price around $76,000 MSRP. However, that’s still moderate for a luxury performance car.
- Theft. This car doesn’t have many theft reports, especially when compared to the standard XJ.
- Fuel. This sedan gets moderate fuel efficiency. It’s rated at 21 mpg for combined city and highway.
- Maintenance. Jaguar includes an extensive maintenance plan with its warranty on all new XJL cars.
- Coverage. You could choose standard coverage to save on your premium. However, consider extra coverage to protect yourself during an accident. You may want comprehensive, loan/lease gap, uninsured/underinsured motorist and collision with a high limit.
- Warranty. This car comes with a limited 5-year, 60,000-mile warranty that includes scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance.
Does the Jaguar XJL qualify for discounts?
This car comes with a host of safety features that may help you receive insurance discounts:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- Parking sensors
- Blind spot monitor
- Rear traffic monitor
- Low tire pressure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Driver condition monitor
- Emergency braking
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Child safety locks
- Backup camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XJL?
The XJ series doesn’t include high reliability ratings and has no data on crash testing safety. The series has also involved multiple recalls, suggesting the manufacturer hasn’t quite perfected its production.
- Safety. The XJL doesn’t have any crash testing data from top safety organizations. This may be due to the car’s lower rate of sale than other lower-priced family sedans.
- Reliability. In general, the XJ series has a poor predicted reliability rating of 2 out of 5 from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. The XJ series has included many recalls, involving problems with software, airbags, windshield wipers, rear-wheel alignment and more.
The Jaguar XJL has an extensive warranty and few theft reports. Despite its luxury status, the car typically has low insurance rates. However, XJ cars aren’t generally known as reliable vehicles.
Frequently asked questions about the XJL
More guides on Finder
How to buy life insurance during a recession
Learn how to choose a financially stable insurer and lock in a low rate for your policy.
Compare manual vs. automatic car insurance
Cars with stick shifts cost a little less to insure than automatics
Compare car insurance after a life event
When life changes, re-evaluating your policy can help you save on your car insurance premium.
Branch car insurance review Oct 2020
Branch auto insurance takes a community-focused approach with friend referral discounts.
Compare crossover insurance
Make sure your insurance covers your crossover for wherever you want to take it.
Compare minivan insurance
They come with one of the lowest insurance premiums on the market, but consider extra coverage for passengers.
How to lower car insurance costs
No one wants to pay more for car insurance than they need to. Compare the easiest ways to pay less on your monthly car insurance bill.
Car insurance after paying off your loan
Save big by updating your car insurance policy after paying off your auto loan.
How to save by downsizing to one car
Downsizing to one car may seem impossible, but it’s a great way to save.
Compare car insurance by fuel type
Your vehicle’s fuel type plays a significant role in determining its car insurance rates.
Ask an Expert