What to expect when insuring your Jaguar XJL
The XJL is a roomy sedan with relatively low insurance rates for a luxury car. On the other hand, the XJ series isn’t known for its reliability.
How much does XJL car insurance cost?
This car’s average insurance rate is $110 per month or $1,320 per year. Compared to the national average of $1,426 per year, this rate is about $100 cheaper.
Compare insurance for your Jaguar XJ
Car insurance rates for the Jaguar XJ
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How do I compare insurance for the XJL?
The XJL is a continuation of Jaguar’s XJ series, although this car includes a bit more room in the backseat. Its bigger size and price tag could raise your premium. The XJL also comes with an extensive warranty, maintenance plan and roadside assistance to take care of repair needs.
- Body type. This luxury sedan comes with a longer wheelbase and roomier backseat than a standard XJ. The bigger size could raise your premium.
- Price tag. This car has a high tag price around $76,000 MSRP. However, that’s still moderate for a luxury performance car.
- Theft. This car doesn’t have many theft reports, especially when compared to the standard XJ.
- Fuel. This sedan gets moderate fuel efficiency. It’s rated at 21 mpg for combined city and highway.
- Maintenance. Jaguar includes an extensive maintenance plan with its warranty on all new XJL cars.
- Coverage. You could choose standard coverage to save on your premium. However, consider extra coverage to protect yourself during an accident. You may want comprehensive, loan/lease gap, uninsured/underinsured motorist and collision with a high limit.
- Warranty. This car comes with a limited 5-year, 60,000-mile warranty that includes scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance.
Does the Jaguar XJL qualify for discounts?
This car comes with a host of safety features that may help you receive insurance discounts:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- Parking sensors
- Blind spot monitor
- Rear traffic monitor
- Low tire pressure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Driver condition monitor
- Emergency braking
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Child safety locks
- Backup camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XJL?
The XJ series doesn’t include high reliability ratings and has no data on crash testing safety. The series has also involved multiple recalls, suggesting the manufacturer hasn’t quite perfected its production.
- Safety. The XJL doesn’t have any crash testing data from top safety organizations. This may be due to the car’s lower rate of sale than other lower-priced family sedans.
- Reliability. In general, the XJ series has a poor predicted reliability rating of 2 out of 5 from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. The XJ series has included many recalls, involving problems with software, airbags, windshield wipers, rear-wheel alignment and more.
The Jaguar XJL has an extensive warranty and few theft reports. Despite its luxury status, the car typically has low insurance rates. However, XJ cars aren’t generally known as reliable vehicles.
Frequently asked questions about the XJL
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out: