Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Jaguar XJ car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring your Jaguar XJ
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Owning an XJ may mean higher insurance rates. The luxury sedan comes with a high sticker price, high theft rates and low reliability. On the other hand, the XJ could qualify for discounts with its many safety features.
How much does XJ car insurance cost?
This car’s average insurance rate is $158 per month or $1,896 per year. Compared to the national average of $1,426 per year, this rate is $470 more expensive than average.
Compare insurance for your Jaguar XJ
How do I compare insurance for the XJ?
The Jaguar XJ is a heavier luxury sedan with a high initial cost, which may cause higher insurance rates. Some other comparison points include:
- Body type. The XJ is a luxury sedan series with a variety of trims. The body has a heavier vehicle weight for a sedan — a factor that may raise your premium. Heavier vehicles are considered more likely to cause more damage during an accident.
- Price tag. This car has a high price tag for a sedan, although moderate for a luxury performance car. The ticket price starts at around $76,000 MSRP.
- Theft. XJs are known for high theft rates, with dozens of theft reports across all trims. Consider adding comprehensive coverage to combat its higher theft rates.
- Fuel. This sedan gets moderate fuel efficiency at 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.
- Maintenance. Jaguar offers a complimentary maintenance plan for all new XJ models.
- Coverage. Consider higher maximum limits and additional coverage to protect you from out-of-pocket repairs after an accident. Those include loan/lease gap coverage, collision and uninsured/underinsured motorist.
- Warranty. This car comes with a limited warranty that includes scheduled maintenance and roadside assistance for five years or 60,000 miles.
Does the Jaguar XJ qualify for discounts?
This car comes with many safety features that could help you receive an insurance discount:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Child safety locks
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Parking sensors
- Rear collision warning
- Low tire pressure warning
- Blind spot sensor
- Back-up camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XJ?
The XJ has poor reliability based on its lack of crash testing, poor reliability ratings and many recalls.
- Safety. The XJ has not received crash test ratings by the NHTSA. This is because the safety organization hasn’t officially rated this car and many other Jaguar vehicles yet.
- Reliability. This car has a poor predicted reliability rating of 2 out of 5 from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. The XJ has included many recalls. Some have involved malfunctioning software that affects airbag calibration, incorrectly formed front wiper arms, improper software calibration for car restraints, rear-wheel alignment issues, leaking brake fluid as well as issues with the drive belt, power steering and battery positive cable.
The pricey Jaguar XJ isn’t the cheapest luxury car to insure, though it does come with several safety features to balance high insurance rates and low reliability.
Frequently asked questions about the XJ
More guides on Finder
GM OnStar car insurance review
Existing users can get a discount, but coverage is only offered in Arizona for now.
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Life insurance for people with anxiety
Having anxiety might result in higher life insurance rates, but you can get coverage with most companies.
How to buy life insurance during a recession
Learn how to choose a financially stable insurer and lock in a low rate for your policy.
Root home insurance review August 2021
Put down roots with discounted coverage for car and home insurance in 12 states.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review August 2021
Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.
Hagerty classic car insurance review August 2021
Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
Ask an Expert