Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Jaguar XE car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring your Jaguar XE
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The XE has performance features and low reliability ratings, which may contribute to a higher premium. However, you can offset costs with the car’s 5-year, 60,000-mile warranty. Jaguar also offers a low financing APR when purchasing new.
How much does XE car insurance cost?
The XE’s average insurance rate is $163 per month or $1,956 per year. This rate is over $500 more than the national average of $1,426 per year.
Compare insurance for your Jaguar XE
How do I compare insurance for the XE?
Despite the Jaguar XE’s sedan body, this car has performance features that may increase your premium. However, the car does come with a complimentary maintenance plan and roadside assistance to help cover some of the ownership costs in the first few years.
- Body type. Jaguar refers to the XE as a luxury sports sedan. While sedans are the cheapest vehicle type to insure, this car’s turbocharged gas or diesel engine turns it into somewhat of a performance car. That fact may raise your premium.
- Price tag. This car has a low price point for a luxury car, starting at around $36,720 MSRP. Still, that price is higher than most sedans.
- Fuel. Due to its small body, the XE is rated at 32 mpg city and 42 mpg highway.
- Maintenance. Maintenance and repairs can be pricier when going to a Jaguar specialist. However, Jaguar covers this car with a complimentary maintenance plan for 5 years or 60,000 miles.
- Coverage. Standard coverage might fit the bill if you’re using this car for everyday driving. However, extra protection could help cover its specialized parts and repairs during an accident. Consider these coverages: comprehensive, loan/lease gap, collision with a high limit or uninsured/underinsured motorist.
- Warranty. This car comes with a limited warranty and roadside assistance for five years or 60,000 miles. Keep in mind the complimentary maintenance plan.
- Manufacturer offer. The manufacturer includes an XE financing offer at 1.9% APR for 36 months at the time of writing.
Does the Jaguar XE qualify for discounts?
The XE comes with several standard safety features, depending on the model you choose:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Child safety locks
- Electronic stability control
- Driveline traction control
- InControl Protect Emergency Sos
- Parking sensors
- Low tire pressure warning
- Blind spot monitoring
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Reverse traffic detection
- Lane-keeping assist
- Back-up camera
How reliable is the Jaguar XE?
This car doesn’t include high reliability ratings. It has also received multiple recalls in its short life, suggesting the manufacturer is still smoothing out production problems.
- Safety. The XE hasn’t been rated by top safety organizations. That fact is probably because Jaguars aren’t mainstream enough for these organizations to focus on.
- Reliability. This car is rated a 2 out of 5 by the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating. This is the lowest score a car can receive.
- Recalls. The XE has received several recalls in its short time on the market. Those have involved a leaking fuel return hose, leaking fuel rail end caps and an intermittently blank instrument cluster. These can result in a fire and an inability to gauge key factors like car speed.
The Jaguar XE has a higher than average insurance rate, especially for a sedan. However, it’s considered a performance car with low reliability ratings, which may contribute to this cost.
Frequently asked questions about the XE
More guides on Finder
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Grundy classic car insurance review July 2021
Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
Compare manual vs. automatic car insurance
Cars with stick shifts cost a little less to insure than automatics
How does coronavirus affect car insurance?
The virus won’t change coverage, but it could affect claims and communication with your insurance company.
Mortgage rates in New York
Mortgage rates in New York generally fall below the national average and don’t vary much between loan types.
Mortgage rates in Florida
Florida mortgage rates generally come in slightly higher than the national average.
Compare car insurance after a speeding ticket
A speeding ticket likely means higher car insurance rates, unless it’s your first offense.
Does my annual mileage affect my car insurance?
Driving less than 8,000 miles a year could qualify you for a low mileage discount.
Compare SUV insurance
SUVs are generally affordable to insure, but rates will vary by make and model.
Ask an Expert