Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Hyundai Palisade car insurance rates
Entry-level luxury meets functional features and moderate insurance rates.
The Palisade graces the luxury class with a lower-than-expected premium for its status. Since this SUV essentially replaces the Santa Fe model, expect a similar premium of $158 a month, or $1,896 a year, about $500 above the national average. With a base price of $31,550, the annual insurance cost-to-base car price ratio would be 6%, above the national average of 4% but not unreasonable for a luxury SUV.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Hyundai Palisade
How do I compare insurance for the Palisade?
The Palisade keeps insurance costs down with its safe and sturdy frame, low sticker price and free, five-year roadside assistance. Other money-saving factors include:
- Body type. The model is a roomy midsize SUV, making it cheaper and safer to insure.
- Fuel. You shouldn’t expect fuel savings when cruising this vehicle’s 19- to 26-mpg EPA rating, about average for its size.
- Theft rates. If it’s anything like the Santa Fe, the Palisade may see 50 to 100 total thefts each model year, low compared to other Hyundais.
- Maintenance. It’s hard to know what’s in store for the Palisade. But the Santa Fe had reported issues with engine failure in the 2012 and 2013 models.
- Coverage. Consider a luxury policy, plus roadside assistance after your warranty runs out to protect against problems similar to the Santa Fe.
- Insurer options. This entry-level luxury car could go with standard companies or luxury insurers like Chubb. But the latter will shrink your options.
- Warranty. Hyundai offers a five-year, 60,000-mile warranty plus a 10-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. You’ll also receive five years of roadside assistance with no mileage limits, so you can skip that coverage on your insurance policy.
Does the Hyundai Palisade qualify for discounts?
Your new model should come outfitted with the standard safety features that could land insurance discounts, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance
- Stability control
Why is insurance so expensive for the Palisade?
It’s not the most expensive luxury SUV on the block, but it comes with a higher premium than average for these reasons:
- Luxury class. The Palisade is considered a luxury vehicle, and that means higher coverage to protect your investment.
- High ticket price. Buying this vehicle might not thin your wallet the same as a Lincoln, but it’s still more expensive than the average SUV.
- High horsepower. It’s built to pull up to 5,000 pounds, but doing so could add more driving risk for your insurer.
How reliable is the Hyundai Palisade?
Overall reliability could go either direction since the Santa Fe had several problems recently, but the Palisade has high safety ratings. Safety information to consider:
- Safety. This future model already landed a 2019 Top Safety Pick award from the IIHS with high scores in almost all crash categories. The one downside: Some trims have poor headlight visibility.
- Reliability. The Palisade is above average with 3.5 out of 5 stars for the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Recalls. The Santa Fe had multiple recalls for airbags, steering wheel, engine bearing and warning lights, so you might expect a few hiccups in the future with the Palisade too.
Frequently asked questions about the Hyundai Palisade
More guides on Finder
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Grundy classic car insurance review November 2020
Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
Hagerty classic car insurance review November 2020
Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
Is it illegal to sleep in your car?
Some cities ban the practice, but otherwise you can overnight legally at designated parking areas.
Compare manual vs. automatic car insurance
Cars with stick shifts cost a little less to insure than automatics
Compare hybrid insurance
Hybrids have great fuel economy, but can cost more to repair and insure.
Compare crossover insurance
Make sure your insurance covers your crossover for wherever you want to take it.
Compare minivan insurance
They come with one of the lowest insurance premiums on the market, but consider extra coverage for passengers.
Compare car insurance by fuel type
Your vehicle’s fuel type plays a significant role in determining its car insurance rates.