We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Hyundai Palisade car insurance rates
Entry-level luxury meets functional features and moderate insurance rates.
The Palisade graces the luxury class with a lower-than-expected premium for its status. Since this SUV essentially replaces the Santa Fe model, expect a similar premium of $158 a month, or $1,896 a year, about $500 above the national average. With a base price of $31,550, the annual insurance cost-to-base car price ratio would be 6%, above the national average of 4% but not unreasonable for a luxury SUV.
Compare car insurance for your Hyundai Palisade
How do I compare insurance for the Palisade?
The Palisade keeps insurance costs down with its safe and sturdy frame, low sticker price and free, five-year roadside assistance. Other money-saving factors include:
- Body type. The model is a roomy midsize SUV, making it cheaper and safer to insure.
- Fuel. You shouldn’t expect fuel savings when cruising this vehicle’s 19- to 26-mpg EPA rating, about average for its size.
- Theft rates. If it’s anything like the Santa Fe, the Palisade may see 50 to 100 total thefts each model year, low compared to other Hyundais.
- Maintenance. It’s hard to know what’s in store for the Palisade. But the Santa Fe had reported issues with engine failure in the 2012 and 2013 models.
- Coverage. Consider a luxury policy, plus roadside assistance after your warranty runs out to protect against problems similar to the Santa Fe.
- Insurer options. This entry-level luxury car could go with standard companies or luxury insurers like Chubb. But the latter will shrink your options.
- Warranty. Hyundai offers a five-year, 60,000-mile warranty plus a 10-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. You’ll also receive five years of roadside assistance with no mileage limits, so you can skip that coverage on your insurance policy.
Does the Hyundai Palisade qualify for discounts?
Your new model should come outfitted with the standard safety features that could land insurance discounts, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance
- Stability control
Why is insurance so expensive for the Palisade?
It’s not the most expensive luxury SUV on the block, but it comes with a higher premium than average for these reasons:
- Luxury class. The Palisade is considered a luxury vehicle, and that means higher coverage to protect your investment.
- High ticket price. Buying this vehicle might not thin your wallet the same as a Lincoln, but it’s still more expensive than the average SUV.
- High horsepower. It’s built to pull up to 5,000 pounds, but doing so could add more driving risk for your insurer.
How reliable is the Hyundai Palisade?
Overall reliability could go either direction since the Santa Fe had several problems recently, but the Palisade has high safety ratings. Safety information to consider:
- Safety. This future model already landed a 2019 Top Safety Pick award from the IIHS with high scores in almost all crash categories. The one downside: Some trims have poor headlight visibility.
- Reliability. The Palisade is above average with 3.5 out of 5 stars for the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Recalls. The Santa Fe had multiple recalls for airbags, steering wheel, engine bearing and warning lights, so you might expect a few hiccups in the future with the Palisade too.
shopping providers with the right coverage for you, or find rates on another vehicle altogether.
Frequently asked questions about the Hyundai Palisade
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.