Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Hyundai Palisade car insurance rates
Entry-level luxury meets functional features and moderate insurance rates.
The Palisade graces the luxury class with a lower-than-expected premium for its status. Since this SUV essentially replaces the Santa Fe model, expect a similar premium of $158 a month, or $1,896 a year, about $500 above the national average. With a base price of $31,550, the annual insurance cost-to-base car price ratio would be 6%, above the national average of 4% but not unreasonable for a luxury SUV.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Hyundai Palisade
How do I compare insurance for the Palisade?
The Palisade keeps insurance costs down with its safe and sturdy frame, low sticker price and free, five-year roadside assistance. Other money-saving factors include:
- Body type. The model is a roomy midsize SUV, making it cheaper and safer to insure.
- Fuel. You shouldn’t expect fuel savings when cruising this vehicle’s 19- to 26-mpg EPA rating, about average for its size.
- Theft rates. If it’s anything like the Santa Fe, the Palisade may see 50 to 100 total thefts each model year, low compared to other Hyundais.
- Maintenance. It’s hard to know what’s in store for the Palisade. But the Santa Fe had reported issues with engine failure in the 2012 and 2013 models.
- Coverage. Consider a luxury policy, plus roadside assistance after your warranty runs out to protect against problems similar to the Santa Fe.
- Insurer options. This entry-level luxury car could go with standard companies or luxury insurers like Chubb. But the latter will shrink your options.
- Warranty. Hyundai offers a five-year, 60,000-mile warranty plus a 10-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. You’ll also receive five years of roadside assistance with no mileage limits, so you can skip that coverage on your insurance policy.
Does the Hyundai Palisade qualify for discounts?
Your new model should come outfitted with the standard safety features that could land insurance discounts, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance
- Stability control
Why is insurance so expensive for the Palisade?
It’s not the most expensive luxury SUV on the block, but it comes with a higher premium than average for these reasons:
- Luxury class. The Palisade is considered a luxury vehicle, and that means higher coverage to protect your investment.
- High ticket price. Buying this vehicle might not thin your wallet the same as a Lincoln, but it’s still more expensive than the average SUV.
- High horsepower. It’s built to pull up to 5,000 pounds, but doing so could add more driving risk for your insurer.
How reliable is the Hyundai Palisade?
Overall reliability could go either direction since the Santa Fe had several problems recently, but the Palisade has high safety ratings. Safety information to consider:
- Safety. This future model already landed a 2019 Top Safety Pick award from the IIHS with high scores in almost all crash categories. The one downside: Some trims have poor headlight visibility.
- Reliability. The Palisade is above average with 3.5 out of 5 stars for the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Recalls. The Santa Fe had multiple recalls for airbags, steering wheel, engine bearing and warning lights, so you might expect a few hiccups in the future with the Palisade too.
Frequently asked questions about the Hyundai Palisade
Read more on this topic
Kia Mohave insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it? Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Compare Root vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Progressive?
Compare Root vs Geico car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Geico?
Polestar 1 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 1.