Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Honda Passport car insurance rates
Get discounts on this midsize SUV for its safety features and robust antitheft package.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Compare insurance for your Passport
How do I compare insurance for the Honda Passport?
As you research insurance rates for your Passport, keep the following in mind:
- Body type. As a midsize SUV, the Passport isn’t small, but you’ll still skip the insurance premiums that come with a larger vehicle.
- Fuel. The Passport is an AWD vehicle with a V6 and averages 22 MPG, which is pretty average for an SUV of its size and weight. But as a gas vehicle, it should be cheaper to insure than an electric or hybrid.
- Theft rates. Honda successfully petitioned NHTSA to be removed from the Federal Theft Prevention Standard starting in 2019, when they agreed to include a hefty antitheft package as standard equipment. The package includes a passive immobilizer, smart-entry remote, powertrain control module and alarm system, so be on the lookout for antitheft insurance discounts.
- Maintenance. Honda maintenance costs are typically low and that seems to hold for the Honda Passport. Car and Driver magazine put 20,000 miles on its Passport and only paid $300 in maintenance during the six months it owned the car. Honda provides a maintenance reminder system to alert you when maintenance is due on your Passport.
- Warranty. The Passport comes with a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty and a five-year, 60,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Does the Honda Passport qualify for discounts?
Depending on how it’s equipped, your Passport may qualify for the following insurance discounts:
- Passive restraint systems discount
- Antilock brakes discount
- Anti-theft devices discount
- Safety features discount
How reliable is the Passport?
The new models of the Passport come with impressive safety and reliability ratings.
- Safety. IIHS named both the 2019 and 2020 Passport a Top Safety Pick and NHTSA gave the 2020 Passport a five-star safety rating.
- Reliability. J.D. Power gave the Honda Passport an 85 out of 100 reliability rating based on the opinions of verified owners. Overall, the car was ranked #7 of the top-10 SUVs.
- Recalls. The only recall in 2020 was related to a problem with ink on the certification label rubbing off.
You may capitalize on the Honda Passport’s safety ratings and substantial antitheft package by reducing your insurance premiums. But if you’re looking for a heftier discount, compare this model to others in its class or to insurance savings on a small SUV or crossover. And, as always, be sure to shop around to make sure you’re getting the best deal on the coverage you need.
Common questions about Honda Passport insurance
Read more on this topic
Audi S4 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Audi S4.
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.