Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Honda Passport car insurance rates
Get discounts on this midsize SUV for its safety features and robust antitheft package.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Compare insurance for your Passport
How do I compare insurance for the Honda Passport?
As you research insurance rates for your Passport, keep the following in mind:
- Body type. As a midsize SUV, the Passport isn’t small, but you’ll still skip the insurance premiums that come with a larger vehicle.
- Fuel. The Passport is an AWD vehicle with a V6 and averages 22 MPG, which is pretty average for an SUV of its size and weight. But as a gas vehicle, it should be cheaper to insure than an electric or hybrid.
- Theft rates. Honda successfully petitioned NHTSA to be removed from the Federal Theft Prevention Standard starting in 2019, when they agreed to include a hefty antitheft package as standard equipment. The package includes a passive immobilizer, smart-entry remote, powertrain control module and alarm system, so be on the lookout for antitheft insurance discounts.
- Maintenance. Honda maintenance costs are typically low and that seems to hold for the Honda Passport. Car and Driver magazine put 20,000 miles on its Passport and only paid $300 in maintenance during the six months it owned the car. Honda provides a maintenance reminder system to alert you when maintenance is due on your Passport.
- Warranty. The Passport comes with a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty and a five-year, 60,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Does the Honda Passport qualify for discounts?
Depending on how it’s equipped, your Passport may qualify for the following insurance discounts:
- Passive restraint systems discount
- Antilock brakes discount
- Anti-theft devices discount
- Safety features discount
How reliable is the Passport?
The new models of the Passport come with impressive safety and reliability ratings.
- Safety. IIHS named both the 2019 and 2020 Passport a Top Safety Pick and NHTSA gave the 2020 Passport a five-star safety rating.
- Reliability. J.D. Power gave the Honda Passport an 85 out of 100 reliability rating based on the opinions of verified owners. Overall, the car was ranked #7 of the top-10 SUVs.
- Recalls. The only recall in 2020 was related to a problem with ink on the certification label rubbing off.
You may capitalize on the Honda Passport’s safety ratings and substantial antitheft package by reducing your insurance premiums. But if you’re looking for a heftier discount, compare this model to others in its class or to insurance savings on a small SUV or crossover. And, as always, be sure to shop around to make sure you’re getting the best deal on the coverage you need.
Common questions about Honda Passport insurance
More guides on Finder
How to beat financial stress by controlling your finances
Take control of your money stress by learning to prioritise and plan your financial goals.
Savvy car insurance review
This insurance shopping tool compares 100+ companies and prefills your quote forms.
GM OnStar car insurance review
Existing users can get a discount, but coverage is only offered in Arizona for now.
Combined life insurance review July 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
Wagmo pet insurance review Jul 2021
Get pet insurance that reimburses 100% of your vet bills or a separate wellness plan.
How to get life insurance after a DUI or driving offense
A poor driving record may result in higher rates on your life insurance, with some insurers turning you away altogether.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Will health insurance cover the COVID-19 vaccine?
Find out if your health insurance will pay for the COVID-19 vaccine when it’s released.
Life insurance as a freelancer
As a freelancer you may have unpredictable cashflow, but you can still find income protection with term life insurance.