We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Honda Insight car insurance rates
Find the best value for this low-cost, top safety pick.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
This hybrid sedan could prove easy on your insurance budget with high safety ratings, small size and low theft rates. Expect insurance rates around $158 per month or $1,836 per year. With an MSRP of $22,930, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 12%, which is higher than the national average of 4%.
Compare car insurance for your Honda Insight
How do I compare insurance for the Insight?
The Insight is an insurance company’s delight because it checks many low-risk boxes, including small size, low theft and repair costs. But other factors may make owning this car even more budget-friendly, such as:
- Body type. The Insight gets brownie points right away for being a compact sedan, meaning it shouldn’t cause much ruckus in an accident.
- Fuel. Even with an above average insurance rate, you could save money due to its fuel economy, which is rated at 52 mpg combined.
- Theft rates. The Civic may have high theft rates due to its popularity, but previous Insight models have had low theft rates.
- Maintenance. This car includes mostly standard care, but its electric parts could cost a bit more to service. However, its similar Civic model keeps five-year maintenance costs below $500 total, according to Car & Driver.
- Coverage. You could opt for standard coverage to keep your rate low. However, consider roadside assistance after your warranty runs out since this car has shown multiple problems in its short lifespan.
- Insurer options. Any company should welcome insuring this low-risk, compact sedan and provide you options for lower rates.
- Warranty. This car includes the standard three-year, 36,000-mile warranty with free roadside assistance. Plus, Honda offers powertrain coverage for up to five years, 60,000 miles and battery protection for eight years or 100,000 miles.
Does the Honda Insight qualify for discounts?
This new and improved Insight could help you score discounts with its safety features, such as:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft system
- Front-impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Stability control
How reliable is the Honda Insight?
This Honda model has an edge on crashworthiness as an IIHS 2019 Top Safety Pick. However, the car has already experienced multiple problems and recalls that suggest a lack of long-term reliability. The car has seen multiple problems and recalls that suggest you may need a solid warranty and roadside service coverage.
- Safety. This compact car tops the list for crash test safety with 5 out of 5 stars and a 2019 Top Safety Pick award from the IIHS.
- Reliability. The Insight has already gained its fair share of complaints for problems with the lights, suspension, electrical system and exterior.
- Recalls. Despite its new stage on the market, the 2019 Honda Insight does have several recalls involving the airbags, seatbelt pretensioners and backup camera malfunctioning.
The Honda Insight hybrid has come out of retirement with many reasons to expect low insurance rates, including its size, safety ratings, low theft and low repair costs. However, expect car insurance rates to be just slightly above the norm.
Frequently asked questions about the Honda Insight
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.