Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Average insurance cost for a Honda
The average insurance cost of a Honda is $161 a month, or $1,933 a year. The manufacturer’s vehicles are affordable and generally very safe, which keeps insurance premiums down. However, some Honda models are more likely to be targeted by car thieves, which raises premiums.
Find your Honda model
Get car insurance quotes for your Honda
How a vehicle from Honda affects the cost of insurance
Honda’s reputation for reliability helps keep insurance costs down. Their good safety ratings and relatively affordable price tag also works in your favor. Cars that aren’t costly to repair or replace attract lower insurance premiums. However, some models land on the top stolen vehicles list, which will increase the cost of insurance.
Unless you have a very old car model, you shouldn’t have any trouble securing insurance for your Honda. Compare insurers in the table below to find the best price.
Honda car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Honda roadside assistance
New Hondas built in 2015 or newer get free roadside assistance for up to 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. The Honda roadside assistance service includes:
- Towing to the nearest Honda dealership including winching and mechanical or accident towing
- Battery jump start
- Flat tire change
- Fuel delivery if you run out gas
- Lockout if you lost your key
- Trip interruption up to $300 for food, hotel and alternate transportation for trips over 100 miles away from home
- Trip interruption support with accommodation, nearby service stations and flight disruption coordination
To use Honda roadside assistance, call Honda’s 24/7 roadside hotline at 1-866-864-5211, or 1-866-372-5139 for Clarity models. You’ll pay for towing and repairs up front and then apply for reimbursement through Honda. You can get a roadside assistance ID card by calling Honda customer service.
New Honda drivers can skip adding this coverage to a car insurance policy. Drivers with older Hondas that no longer have roadside warranty coverage can add on roadside assistance to your car insurance policy to get roadside help when you need it.
Pros and cons of insuring a Honda
- Good safety ratings
- Some models are targeted by car thieves
About the Honda brand
The Honda Motor Company was born quietly on Sept. 24, 1948. The newspapers didn’t trumpet the company’s founding day, as it was a newspaper holiday. Neither did they mention Honda the following day: News of the post-WWII peace process took precedence.
Today, the automaker’s vehicles are ubiquitous. Honda is the seventh-largest auto manufacturer in the world, and several of its models — including the Accord, Civic and CR-V — remain perennial bestsellers.
What’s Honda Sensing?
Honda Sensing is a suite of safety and driver assistance technologies. Safety features include lane-keep assistance, adaptive cruise control, road departure mitigation, collision mitigation braking, lane departure warning and forward collision warning. The driver-assistance technology included in Honda Sensing includes lane watch, blind spot indication, cross traffic monitoring and auto high-beam headlights.
Honda car facts
- Honda sells popular, affordable cars such as the Civic ($18,840 MSRP), Accord ($23,570 MSRP) and CR-V ($24,150 MSRP). The competitive price range generally lowers insurance prices.
- If you’re looking for a safe ride, a Honda is likely an excellent pick. These cars typically score stellar safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), often scooping up the Top Safety Pick+ designation along the way.
- Honda’s Achilles heel seems to be the frequency at which the manufacturer’s cars are stolen: The Accord and Civic are the two most-stolen vehicles in the United States. Of course, that’s attributable in part due to the vehicles’ popularity. That doesn’t change the fact that high theft rates increase insurance costs, though.
Looking for other car brands? Find other car manufacturers that are similar to Honda, or compare makes that are completely different.
Hondas are affordable to purchase and affordable to insure. However, their higher likelihood of being stolen negatively impacts your insurance premium, so be sure to shop around to find the best car insurance for you.
Frequently asked questions about Honda
Ask an Expert