You’re faced with enough risks in life. Ensure that car insurance isn’t one of them with Hanover.
With a focus on customer service, Hanover Insurance Group ranks in the top 25 Casualty and Property Insurers in the country. Competitive and comprehensive policies are sold through a network of independent agents in all 50 states to protect what’s important in life.
What is Hanover Insurance Group?
Founded by investors in Manhattan in 1852, Hanover now conducts business in more than 125 countries, with over $5 billion in written premiums. It’s recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best employers and most trustworthy financial companies.
Pros and cons
- A lot of options. Hanover offers many levels of protection — from Platinum Essential plans to Platinum Auto Elite — so you can find one that works best for your needs.
- Good driver discounts. Hanover’s Deductible Dividends reduces your collision deductible by $100 each year you don’t have a collision claim.
- Highly rated. A.M. Best and BBB rate Hanover with high As. With more than $5 billion in written premiums, Hanover is proven to keep you and your assets protected.
- Potentially higher rates. In comparison to other auto-insurers, Hanover’s rates can be on the higher side.
- Online complaints. Some users complain of a cumbersome claims process that requires a lot of paperwork and many months to fund.
- Difficult to research prices. Insurance quotes are solely through agents, making it difficult to compare prices before signing on.
Companies similar to Hanover Insurance Group
What car insurance does Hanover offer?
- Liability. Cover expenses that range from damaging a vehicle to injuring a person in an accident.
- Comprehensive and collision. Known as full-coverage auto insurance, this can help pay for damage to your car due to vandalism, weather and accidents involving animals.
- Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts. Extend your protection to even cover OEM parts in your most valued possessions.
- Newer car replacement. If your new car is totaled within a year or 15,000 miles of purchase, Hanover will cover its replacement without deduction for depreciation.
- Roadside assistance. Hanover will get your disabled vehicle to the nearest repair facility for free after an accident.
- Personal injury protection. This can help pay for indirect expenses — medical and rehabilitation, work loss and funeral costs — after an accident.
- Medical payments. Cover medical costs related to an accident, no matter who’s at fault.
Does Hanover offer any other types of insurance?
In addition to auto insurance, Hanover can insure your home or rental, business, watercraft and leisure toys and other valuable items. It also offers flood insurance, umbrella policies and identity protection.
Hanover Insurance Group has been around for centuries — and for good reason. With its focus on customer care and satisfaction, wide variety of coverage and accessible online system, Hanover is a solid option for your protection needs.
But keep an eye out for potentially high rates and compare your options.