Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
GMC Acadia Limited insurance rates
What to expect when insuring this spacious SUV.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
According to our research, the average cost to insure a GMC Acadia Limited is around $133 a month — or $1,596 a year. Your actual cost varies depending on your driving record, the number of miles you drive in a year, your age and gender and other factors.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your GMC Acadia Limited
GMC Acadia Limited car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare insurance for the GMC Acadia Limited
When comparing insurance options for your GMC Acadia Limited, consider factors like:
- Price. When looking for the best rate for your coverage, compare the discounts that each provider offers to score the most savings on your premium.
- Deductible. One way to lower your monthly premium is to take a higher deductible, meaning you’ll be on the hook for a larger amount before insurance starts covering property damage or medical bills.
- Coverage. At the very least, your insurance policy should cover the state minimum requirements where you live. Beyond this, you may need to add collision and comprehensive coverage if you’re financing your Acadia Limited.
- Manufacturer offers. All 2007 and newer GMC vehicles are covered by GMC’s free 24-hour roadside assistance program while under warranty, so you may not need to add this feature to your insurance policy.
What factors affect car insurance for the GMC Acadia Limited?
Production of the Acadia Limited ended in March 2017, which could mean slightly higher insurance rates down the road if replacement parts become more difficult to find. For now, insurance rates for this vehicle are around average.
There are two versions of the GMC Acadia Limited: the all-wheel drive (AWD) model and the front-wheel drive (FWD) model. If you have AWD, you’ll probably save a few bucks on your monthly insurance premiums since these vehicles are generally considered to be safer than their FWD counterparts.
Driver factors and insurance costs
Beyond the make and model of your vehicle, other factors like your age, gender, location, credit score and accident history can affect your car insurance rates.
In all states except Massachusetts, Hawaii and North Carolina, insurance companies can look at your gender to determine your insurance rate. Women are often offered cheaper premiums than men, as studies have shown men take more risks behind the wheel and are more likely to be involved in an accident.
Does the GMC Acadia Limited qualify for discounts?
The GMC Acadia Limited comes with a number of safety features that could help you save on car insurance, like:
- Antilock brakes
- Stability control
- An antitheft alarm system
- A rear-view camera
If your Acadia Limited is equipped with optional features like AWD, forward collision warnings and lane departure warnings, you could save even more.
Reliability and safety ratings for the GMC Acadia Limited
Like the newest GMC Acadias, the 2017 GMC Acadia Limited FWD received a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and a good safety rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
Although official reliability ratings for this vehicle aren’t available, there are several consumer complaints about issues with its infotainment, like the Car Play feature and Wi-Fi and electronics systems.
There are two safety recalls to be aware of for the GMC Acadia Limited:
- Powertrain issues. The driveshaft assembly may fracture and separate, which could increase the risk of crashes and rollaways.
- Front brake system. The front brake calipers may leak brake fluid, which could increase the risk of a crash.
The GMC Acadia Limited series maintenance
As a larger version of the new Acadia models, the GMC Acadia Limited costs slightly more for routine maintenance like oil changes and tire rotations. Its larger size also means that the Acadia Limited isn’t as fuel efficient as its smaller cousin.
- GMC Acadia Limited: Up to 15 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway
- GMC Acadia: Up to 21 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway
What you didn’t know about the GMC Acadia Limited
The GMC Acadia Limited used to be manufactured in the GMC plant in Lansing, Michigan, but the new smaller models are now made at its plant in Spring Hill, Tennessee. If you trade your old Acadia Limited in for a newer Acadia model, your insurance rates might drop thanks to its unibody structure, smaller size and enhanced safety features. Generally, cars and smaller-sized SUVs tend to have lower insurance rates than full-size SUVs and trucks since they usually cause less damage in accidents, making for cheaper claims.
Compare GMC Acadia Limited competitors
Looking for other car brands? Compare car makes and models that are similar to the GMC Acadia Limited.
Expect to pay average insurance rates for your GMC Acadia Limited. However, its higher maintenance costs and lower fuel economy could make it more expensive to maintain than the newer Acadia models.
To make sure you’re getting the best rate and coverage options for your GMC Acadia Limited, compare car insurance rates from a few different companies.
Frequently asked questions about the GMC Acadia Limited
Read more on this topic
Compare Polestar car insurance rates
Discover this luxury electric brand’s typical car insurance premiums and factors that affect your rate.
Say car insurance review Sep 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
Kia Mohave insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it?
Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance
Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance
Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Ask an Expert