Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Genesis GV80 car insurance rates
A luxury ride with the reasonable insurance rates of a crossover.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The GV80 midsize luxury crossover is expected to cost less to insure than full-size SUVs. The average insurance cost for a similar model is $180 a month, or $2,160 a year, about $860 more than the national average. With an expected base price of $50,000 MSRP new, the annual insurance cost-to-base car price ratio is 4.3%, just slightly above the national average of 4%.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Genesis GV80
How do I compare insurance for the Genesis GV80?
While a crossover is among the cheaper cars to insure, its high-tech, luxury parts can drive insurance premium rates back up. As you research car insurance rates for the GV80, keep these factors in mind:
- Body type. This midsize crossover tends to be cheaper to insure than full-size SUVs or pickup trucks.
- Fuel. The GV80 offers a hydrogen fuel cell electric hybrid engine, intended to improve fuel economy over its competitors. Even so, hybrids are typically pricier to insure than a gas-powered car since its battery is expensive to repair.
- Theft rates. Because Genesis is a new vehicle, there’s no report of theft filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). That combined with the lower theft rates of crossovers and SUVs make it likely that your insurance won’t be impacted by theft rates, unless you live in a high-theft area.
- Maintenance. While maintenance costs can run high on luxury cars, driving up insurance rates, Genesis offers a few nice perks to help you save including free scheduled maintenance for the first three years or 36,000 miles. You’ll also receive a three-year subscription to Service Valet to assist with rentals and scheduling maintenance.
- Coverage. Consider a luxury policy for this car that offers agreed value coverage and higher liability limits. Opting for uninsured motorist, collision and comprehensive coverage fully protects your investment.
- Insurer options. Genesis models are insured by most providers, so you shouldn’t have trouble finding coverage.
- Warranty. The Genesis Complete Confidence owner program comes with a 10-year, 100,000-mile warranty. It also includes roadside service and scheduled maintenance, so you can skip towing coverage on your insurance.
Does the Genesis GV80 qualify for discounts?
Yes. If other Genesis models are any indication, the GV80 should come equipped with the following features that may lead to premium discounts depending on your insurer:
- Antitheft device
- Antilock brakes
- Hybrid engine
- Front impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Stability control
Why is insurance so expensive for the GV80?
Despite all other factors, the GV80 is still a luxury car and you can expect to pay a luxury car premium. Genesis prices are reasonable compared to other brands, but the GV80’s expected $50,000 base price still makes it costly to replace.
Features such as the custom inlaid touch control console and advanced hybrid engine may mean costly repairs from a specialty mechanic, which can also drive up premiums.
How reliable is the Genesis GV80?
On a new model, reliability is hard to determine. But because the GV80 is based on the G80 sedan, you can expect good safety ratings.
- Safety. Previous Genesis models have earned five-star ratings from NHTSA and received the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick award for crash test safety. The G80 received 5 stars from NHTSA and Good scores across the board from IIHS.
- Reliability. It’s difficult to determine the reliability of a brand new make and model, but Genesis models are generally known to be reliable.
- Recalls. With 2020 being the launch of the first version of this model, no recall information is yet available. The G80 currently has at least two recalls for the windshield and passenger airbag detection, so the GV80 may be at risk.
This first crossover model from Genesis promises all the luxury features and services of other Genesis models, and a top-notch warranty. Combined with the discounts you can earn from its hybrid engine and safety features, your insurance premiums could be more reasonable than you think, making the GV80 one of the more affordable luxury CUVs on the market.
Frequently asked questions about GV80 insurance
Read more on this topic
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Compare Polestar car insurance rates
Discover this luxury electric brand’s typical car insurance premiums and factors that affect your rate.
Say car insurance review Sep 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
Kia Mohave insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it?
Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates
Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance
Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance
Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?