Enjoy high class without the towering premium of most luxury cars.
The G70 has a powerful engine and an entry-level luxury price. Yet thanks to this sports sedan’s small size, low theft and award-winning safety, it likely won’t land you with a luxury insurance rate. To get an idea of your expected premium, the similar Audi A4 costs $191 per month, or $2,292 per year.
Compare car insurance for your Genesis G70
How do I compare insurance for the G70?
The G70 sports a powerful engine, high cost of repairs and luxury insurance needs, which usually brings a higher premium. However, you might offset that with the robust Genesis warranty, which avoids out-of-pocket costs for maintenance and roadside assistance.
- Body type. This car comes as a sporty sedan, which sets it up for a midrange cost on insurance due to its small size.
- Fuel. The G70 also holds the middle ground on fuel economy with a rating of 25 mpg.
- Theft rates. Genesis cars have zero theft reports with the NHTSA. But keep in mind the brand doesn’t have 10 years under its belt yet.
- Maintenance. You might expect high maintenance and repair costs on any luxury car, but this one could reach $3,400 over five years, according to Car & Driver.
- Coverage. Consider a luxury policy for this classy car, which would give you agreed value coverage and higher limits. You might also opt for loan or lease GAP, collision and replacement cost add-ons to cover your investment.
- Insurer options. You won’t have as many options with luxury car providers, keeping rates higher than the norm.
- Warranty. Genesis doesn’t disappoint with its high five-year, 60,000-mile warranty that includes free roadside service and scheduled maintenance. In addition, Genesis also has a “service valet” program that comes to your garage to make repairs for three years or 36,000 miles. You could save on insurance and maintenance costs for a new G70 with this generous warranty.
Does the Genesis G70 qualify for discounts?
The G70 may rock a sporty style and engine, but it does come with safety features that may translate into a discount, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft system
- Front impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Stability control
Why is insurance so expensive for the G70?
Expect this car to bring a higher premium than most, but you may feel the price is worth owning this luxury sedan. Reasons the G70 could cost more to insure:
- Luxury price tag. Although not the most expensive, its nearly $35,000 base price is still higher than most cars, making it more costly to replace.
- Powerful engine. Its turbocharged engine means business on the road, and that could lead to risky driving.
- Specialized repairs. This luxury car includes specialized parts and may need a knowledgeable mechanic to perform repairs.
How reliable is the Genesis G70?
This car may need time to show its colors, but its reliability upfront and top safety could score points with car owners and insurers alike.
- Safety. In keeping with its top features, the G70 also received the IIHS Top Safety Pick award for crash test safety.
- Reliability. It’s difficult to determine the reliability of a brand new make and model, but it’s had no major problems so far.
- Recalls. The G70 has made its debut without any manufacturer kinks that need smoothing out.
The Genesis G70 may warrant a higher premium due to its entry-level luxury price and specialized parts. But expect it to stay on the low end of luxury thanks to its top safety ratings, small size and robust warranty with maintenance and roadside assistance.