Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Genesis G70 insurance
Enjoy high class without the towering premium of most luxury cars.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The G70 has a powerful engine and an entry-level luxury price. Yet thanks to this sports sedan’s small size, low theft and award-winning safety, it likely won’t land you with a luxury insurance rate. To get an idea of your expected premium, the similar Audi A4 costs $191 per month, or $2,292 per year.
Get car insurance quotes for your Genesis G70
How do I compare insurance for the G70?
The G70 sports a powerful engine, high cost of repairs and luxury insurance needs, which usually brings a higher premium. However, you might offset that with the robust Genesis warranty, which avoids out-of-pocket costs for maintenance and roadside assistance.
- Body type. This car comes as a sporty sedan, which sets it up for a midrange cost on insurance due to its small size.
- Fuel. The G70 also holds the middle ground on fuel economy with a rating of 25 mpg.
- Theft rates. Genesis cars have zero theft reports with the NHTSA. But keep in mind the brand doesn’t have 10 years under its belt yet.
- Maintenance. You might expect high maintenance and repair costs on any luxury car, but this one could reach $3,400 over five years, according to Car & Driver.
- Coverage. Consider a luxury policy for this classy car, which would give you agreed value coverage and higher limits. You might also opt for loan or lease GAP, collision and replacement cost add-ons to cover your investment.
- Insurer options. You won’t have as many options with luxury car providers, keeping rates higher than the norm.
- Warranty. Genesis doesn’t disappoint with its high five-year, 60,000-mile warranty that includes free roadside service and scheduled maintenance. In addition, Genesis also has a “service valet” program that comes to your garage to make repairs for three years or 36,000 miles. You could save on insurance and maintenance costs for a new G70 with this generous warranty.
The Genesis G70 may warrant a higher premium due to its entry-level luxury price and specialized parts. But expect it to stay on the low end of luxury thanks to its top safety ratings, small size and robust warranty with maintenance and roadside assistance.
Frequently asked questions about the Genesis G70
More guides on Finder
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
Compare manual vs. automatic car insurance
Cars with stick shifts cost a little less to insure than automatics
Compare convertible insurance
Your convertible may be less expensive to insure than you think.
Compare SUV insurance
SUVs are generally affordable to insure, but rates will vary by make and model.
Compare sedan insurance
Sedans are often the cheapest vehicles to insure, but watch out for high theft rates on popular models.
How to finance a Buick
Compare options to get behind the wheel of this luxury car brand.
How to finance a Bentley
Compare 4 options to get behind the wheel of this luxury car brand.
12 ways to reduce your car’s depreciation
Did you know the color of your car can impact how fast it loses value?
Auto manufacturers that sell cars in the US
Get the lowdown on 30+ automakers and what they have to offer.
How car subscription services work
Get a flexible ride that usually includes insurance. But know when you need your own.