We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Ford Escape Hybrid car insurance rates
Escape high ownership costs from ticket price to insurance.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Compare car insurance for your Ford Escape
How do I compare insurance for the Escape?
This trendy SUV has many positives for a low insurance premium, including a low theft rate, standard coverage needs and wide provider options. Weigh the factors that keep this vehicle’s premium low:
- Body type. This compact SUV makes for a sporty ride that’s also cheap to insure.
- Fuel. Ford hasn’t released this model’s fuel efficiency yet, but the car’s range is expected to land at 550 miles. By comparison, the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid has a range around 540 miles on the highway.
- Theft rates. Previous Escape models have no theft reports, a plus in insurer’s eyes.
- Maintenance. 2012 model owners filed about 450 complaints with the NHTSA, mainly for the fuel and speed control systems. However, the older model has had several years to stack complaints.
- Coverage. Consider collision, comprehensive and gap coverage for broad new car protection.
- Insurer options. Most insurers will cover this hybrid, but you might also qualify for specialty electric car insurers too.
- Warranty. Ford provides a bumper-to-bumper warranty for three years, or 36,000 miles and a hybrid components warranty for eight years, or 100,000 miles. The warranty also includes roadside assistance for five years or 60,000 miles.
- Manufacturer offer. The hybrid has a $500 retail incentive, but it may require you to finance through Ford.
Does the Ford Escape qualify for discounts?
The Escape comes with standard safety features or a suite of driver assistance features that could land you multiple discounts:
- Antitheft system
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance technology
- Hybrid/electric discounts
How reliable is the Ford Escape?
The SUV is in the middle of the road for safety and reliability based on previous model years. However, newer models may have extra safety features built in that could help lower your insurance rates.
- Safety. The 2012 version has average safety ratings from the NHTSA in most areas. However, driver-side crash ratings are subpar.
- Reliability. The 2012 Escape Hybrid has an average reliability rating of 3 out of 5 stars from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. You shouldn’t expect any recalls on the new model since there were none in previous years.
The Ford Escape Hybrid has many factors in its favor, including low theft rates, ticket price and standard coverage needs. But you’re not likely to see your premium drop due to this vehicle’s average safety ratings. Find out which insurers offer the best rates based on all these factors, or see rates for another make or model.
Frequently asked questions about the Ford Escape
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.