Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Ford Escape Hybrid car insurance rates
Escape high ownership costs from ticket price to insurance.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Compare car insurance for your Ford Escape
How do I compare insurance for the Escape?
This trendy SUV has many positives for a low insurance premium, including a low theft rate, standard coverage needs and wide provider options. Weigh the factors that keep this vehicle’s premium low:
- Body type. This compact SUV makes for a sporty ride that’s also cheap to insure.
- Fuel. Ford hasn’t released this model’s fuel efficiency yet, but the car’s range is expected to land at 550 miles. By comparison, the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid has a range around 540 miles on the highway.
- Theft rates. Previous Escape models have no theft reports, a plus in insurer’s eyes.
- Maintenance. 2012 model owners filed about 450 complaints with the NHTSA, mainly for the fuel and speed control systems. However, the older model has had several years to stack complaints.
- Coverage. Consider collision, comprehensive and gap coverage for broad new car protection.
- Insurer options. Most insurers will cover this hybrid, but you might also qualify for specialty electric car insurers too.
- Warranty. Ford provides a bumper-to-bumper warranty for three years, or 36,000 miles and a hybrid components warranty for eight years, or 100,000 miles. The warranty also includes roadside assistance for five years or 60,000 miles.
- Manufacturer offer. The hybrid has a $500 retail incentive, but it may require you to finance through Ford.
Does the Ford Escape qualify for discounts?
The Escape comes with standard safety features or a suite of driver assistance features that could land you multiple discounts:
- Antitheft system
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance technology
- Hybrid/electric discounts
How reliable is the Ford Escape?
The SUV is in the middle of the road for safety and reliability based on previous model years. However, newer models may have extra safety features built in that could help lower your insurance rates.
- Safety. The 2012 version has average safety ratings from the NHTSA in most areas. However, driver-side crash ratings are subpar.
- Reliability. The 2012 Escape Hybrid has an average reliability rating of 3 out of 5 stars from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. You shouldn’t expect any recalls on the new model since there were none in previous years.
The Ford Escape Hybrid has many factors in its favor, including low theft rates, ticket price and standard coverage needs. But you’re not likely to see your premium drop due to this vehicle’s average safety ratings. Find out which insurers offer the best rates based on all these factors, or see rates for another make or model.
Frequently asked questions about the Ford Escape
Read more on this topic
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
How to transfer your car registration in 5 basic steps Learn the basic steps for transferring your car registration from another state or previous car.
Grundy classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.