Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Ford Escape Hybrid car insurance rates
Escape high ownership costs from ticket price to insurance.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Compare car insurance for your Ford Escape
How do I compare insurance for the Escape?
This trendy SUV has many positives for a low insurance premium, including a low theft rate, standard coverage needs and wide provider options. Weigh the factors that keep this vehicle’s premium low:
- Body type. This compact SUV makes for a sporty ride that’s also cheap to insure.
- Fuel. Ford hasn’t released this model’s fuel efficiency yet, but the car’s range is expected to land at 550 miles. By comparison, the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid has a range around 540 miles on the highway.
- Theft rates. Previous Escape models have no theft reports, a plus in insurer’s eyes.
- Maintenance. 2012 model owners filed about 450 complaints with the NHTSA, mainly for the fuel and speed control systems. However, the older model has had several years to stack complaints.
- Coverage. Consider collision, comprehensive and gap coverage for broad new car protection.
- Insurer options. Most insurers will cover this hybrid, but you might also qualify for specialty electric car insurers too.
- Warranty. Ford provides a bumper-to-bumper warranty for three years, or 36,000 miles and a hybrid components warranty for eight years, or 100,000 miles. The warranty also includes roadside assistance for five years or 60,000 miles.
- Manufacturer offer. The hybrid has a $500 retail incentive, but it may require you to finance through Ford.
Does the Ford Escape qualify for discounts?
The Escape comes with standard safety features or a suite of driver assistance features that could land you multiple discounts:
- Antitheft system
- Antilock brakes
- Driver assistance technology
- Hybrid/electric discounts
How reliable is the Ford Escape?
The SUV is in the middle of the road for safety and reliability based on previous model years. However, newer models may have extra safety features built in that could help lower your insurance rates.
- Safety. The 2012 version has average safety ratings from the NHTSA in most areas. However, driver-side crash ratings are subpar.
- Reliability. The 2012 Escape Hybrid has an average reliability rating of 3 out of 5 stars from J.D. Power.
- Recalls. You shouldn’t expect any recalls on the new model since there were none in previous years.
The Ford Escape Hybrid has many factors in its favor, including low theft rates, ticket price and standard coverage needs. But you’re not likely to see your premium drop due to this vehicle’s average safety ratings. Find out which insurers offer the best rates based on all these factors, or see rates for another make or model.
Frequently asked questions about the Ford Escape
More guides on Finder
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
Heacock Classic car insurance review March 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Hagerty classic car insurance review March 2021
Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
How do I prevent keyless car theft?
Keyless cars can be easy to steal with cheap tech, but are they stolen more often?
How does peer to peer insurance work?
Embrace the sharing economy of insurance, paying for damage out of members’ pooled funds.
Compare the best online car insurance companies
Compare the 5 best digital-focused car insurance companies.
Compare manual vs. automatic car insurance
Cars with stick shifts cost a little less to insure than automatics
How does coronavirus affect car insurance?
The virus won’t change coverage, but it could affect claims and communication with your insurance company.
How to pass your car’s smog check in 2021
Understand your state’s smog test requirements to minimize the hassle.
Compare hybrid insurance
Hybrids have great fuel economy, but can cost more to repair and insure.