We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Ford insurance rates
Fords tend to be cheaper to insure than other makes, unless you drive a sportscar
Average insurance cost for a Ford
The average insurance cost for a Ford can vary a great deal depending on the model you select, with such a wide lineup from hatchbacks and pickups to sportscars. You can expect to pay anywhere from $157 to $245 a month.
Your actual cost could be more or less depending on your driving record, the number of miles you drive in a year and other factors.
Find your Ford model
Get car insurance for your Ford
How to compare Ford insurance
The general affordability of Fords make them affordable to insure. However, their higher-than-average theft rates negatively impact the cost of car insurance.
Other factors that affect the cost of insurance include the model, mileage and trim package.
Ford car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Ford roadside assistance
New Fords built in 2007 or newer get free roadside assistance for up to 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Ford increased this benefit from the 3-year, 36,000 mile coverage from 2006 models and older.
The Ford roadside assistance service includes:
- Towing up to 35 miles to the nearest Ford dealership
- Battery jump start
- Flat tire change if you have a spare
- Gas delivery if you run out of fuel, including 2 gallons of gas or 5 gallons of diesel
- Lockout if you lost your key
To use Ford roadside assistance, call Ford’s 24/7 roadside hotline at 1-800-241-3673. You’ll need to provide your vehicle’s make, model, color, VIN and license plate number when you call.
New Ford drivers can skip adding this coverage to a car insurance policy. Drivers with older Fords that no longer have roadside warranty coverage can still use Ford’s roadside and towing coverage for a one-time fee, or you can add on roadside assistance to your car insurance policy to benefit from roadside help when you need it.
Pros and cons of insuring a Ford
- Moderately priced
- Most models get great safety ratings
- Reliable brand
- Some models have high theft rates
Ford car facts
- Ford was founded in 1903 — the first model was sold that same year for $850, the Model T. It became one of the best-selling cars of all time.
- Ford is the second largest car manufacturer, after General Motors, in the United States and the fifth largest automotive company in the world..
- Currently, a descendant of Henry Ford is the executive chairman of the company.
- Ford prices start at $14,000 and can go up to $450,000.
- Ford sells the most luxury cars under the Lincoln brand. The first model was sold that same year for $850.
- In 2015, there were over 2.6 million Ford models sold in the United States. Ford sales took up approximately 15% market share of all American cars sold.
- After acquiring Lincoln in 1922, its high-end luxury brand, Ford continued to produce many classics, including the Thunderbird, Mustang and F-150.
Are there any standout Ford models?
The Shelby GT350 is all about speed and performance. This racing machine is powered by a 5.2L V8 engine with a flat-plane crank that produces 526 hp and 429 lb.-ft. of torque. Shelby GT350’s MagneRide Damping System monitors and adjusts itself one thousand times per second. Other features include 19-inch carbon fiber wheels, a carbon-fiber rear wing and a larger front splitter. Prices start at $57,240.
The GT350 Track Attack is a one-day track/classroom driving experience for Shelby GT350 and GT350R owners. Track Attack is included with the purchase of any 2017 or 2018 Shelby GT350 or GT350R. Drivers will learn braking and cornering techniques, proper driving posture and seating position, and high-performance driving skills.
Looking for other car brands? Find other car manufacturers that are similar to Ford, or compare makes that are completely different.
Ford’s brand reputation and affordable prices make its cars affordable to insure. But be sure to shop around to find the best car insurance for you.
Frequently asked questions about Ford
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out:
Ask an Expert