Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Fiat 500e car insurance rates
Compare insurance for your Fiat 500e
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Available in California and Oregon, the Fiat 500e is a zippy electric car that’s almost double the price of its gas counterpart, the Fiat 500. While the average insurance cost for a Fiat is $2,484 a year or $207 a month, expect to pay a little more thanks to the model’s higher price tag and electric engine. That’s much higher than the national average cost for car insurance, which is $1,300 per year.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Fiat 500e
How do I compare car insurance for the Fiat 500e?
The rate you’re offered reflects your driving history, credit score, location and the car you drive. For the Fiat 500e, insurers will consider these factors:
- Body type. The 500e is a four-door hatchback. Since it’s an electric car, it tends to cost more to insure than other subcompact cars — but less than a luxury car.
- Fuel. The 500e features a 8kW electric motor with a single-speed transmission, which may be expensive to insure. It has a driving range of 84 miles and a fuel efficiency of 121 MPGe for city driving, and 103 MPGe for highway driving.
- Theft rates. Generally, Fiat cars have low theft rates. When insurers aren’t worried about your car being stolen, they typically won’t hike up your rates.
- Maintenance. The 2019 model has many of the same parts as previous models. Fiat has a solid warranty program for any faulty parts or maintenance issues.
- Coverage. There’s no need to purchase specific coverage for the 500e. However, you might want to enhance your policy with comprehensive or collision coverage.
- Insurer options. Now that electric cars have moved into the mainstream, you shouldn’t have a problem finding a provider to insure the Fiat 500e.
- Warranty. Fiat covers the Electric Vehicle (EV) components with a four-year/50,000-mile limited warranty. These components include the motor, gearbox and onboard charger. The battery is protected by an eight-year/100,000-mile limited warranty. To avoid paying for coverage you don’t need, read the fine print on your warranty.
- Manufacturer offer or unique discount. Fiat has a string of discounts for eligible customers. If you work for one of Fiat’s affiliate companies, such as Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge, you could slash the dealer’s invoice by 1%.
For drivers with permanent disabilities, the manufacturer offers a cash reimbursement of up to $1,000 to cover the costs of installing adaptive equipment to your car. Finally, military members may earn a $500 cash bonus. To find out if these offers apply to you, contact your Fiat dealer directly.
The Fiat 500e also qualifies for a federal tax credit of up to $7,500. This government incentive can help to offset the costs of insurance.
Does the Fiat 500e qualify for car insurance discounts?
It depends on your provider. When comparing coverage, ask the insurer if these discounts apply:
- New car discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Automatic wiper discount
Typically, you can save 5% to 30% by insuring a new car and fitting it out with additional safety and security features.
How reliable is the Fiat 500e?
While Fiats generally get decent safety ratings, there isn’t much information available about the 500e specifically.
- Safety. The 500e hasn’t undergone crash testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). But Edmunds says the car lacks the latest safety and driver assistance aids.
- Reliability. The car is yet to be ranked by US News, but Fiats are generally not the most reliable cars. The Fiat 500 was one of Consumer Reports list of 2017’s least reliable cars.
- Recalls. To date, there are no recalls or consumer complaints for the 2019 model. The 2017 and 2018 models also passed customers’ tests. In previous years, drivers complained about the charger cable and windshield wipers, and said the car was sometimes slow to start.
The Fiat 500e is an efficient electric car that doesn’t raise any insurance red flags, though it could have more sophisticated safety features. Fiat has a generous warranty program and a range of special offers, which may help you save money on maintenance in the long run.
To score the best possible policy, compare car insurance providers.
Frequently asked questions about the Fiat 500e
More guides on Finder
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Heacock Classic car insurance review November 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
States with the strictest driving laws
If you’re relaxed behind the wheel, you’ll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best online car insurance companies
Compare the 5 best digital-focused car insurance companies.
How to lower car insurance costs
No one wants to pay more for car insurance than they need to. Compare the easiest ways to pay less on your monthly car insurance bill.
Car insurance after paying off your loan
Save big by updating your car insurance policy after paying off your auto loan.
Compare car insurance by fuel type
Your vehicle’s fuel type plays a significant role in determining its car insurance rates.
Car insurance when buying a new car
How to get a good deal on car insurance when you’re purchasing a new vehicle.
Amica renters insurance review
Renters coverage comes standard, but you’ll receive highly rated customer service to go along.
How to finance a Tesla
Compare options to get behind the wheel of the world’s most well-known electric car brand.