We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Ferrari FF car insurance rates
What to expect to cover this when insuring this grand tourer.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Ferrari FF offers a long maintenance plan and tends to need minimal repair. But that doesn’t affect the insurance rate much — you’ll find average insurance costs at about $935 monthly or $11,220 annually. That cost is nearly $9,800 above the annual national average of $1,426.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Compare insurance for your Aston Martin DB11
How much does Ferrari FF car insurance cost?
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car Price|
|F12 Berlinetta & TDF||$1,015||$319,995|
How do I compare insurance for the Ferrari FF?
This car features an extensive maintenance plan, long-lasting parts and roomy interior that can fit a small family. These factors could help to reduce your premium. Still, its Ferrari stamp and high price tag does make it a high-cost car to insure.
- Body type.The FF is an interesting mix of a luxury coupe with a roomier wagon body style.
- Fuel.This car gets low fuel economy, rated at 13 mpg for city and highway combined.
- Maintenance.Maintenance costs can be expensive on an Italian luxury vehicle. However, car owners on review sites and forums boast its long-lasting parts and few repairs.
- Theft.The FF’s low theft rates could score positive points with insurance companies.
- Coverage.You may want to consider additional insurance options that protect you widely from costly repairs. For example, luxury car insurance provides higher limits and often uses agreed value for claims. In addition, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist and loan or lease gap insurance could go a long way in an accident.
- Insurer options.Geico won’t offer car insurance on Ferrari models. However, most other insurance companies do.
- Warranty.Ferrari offers a three-year, unlimited mileage warranty and extensive, seven-year maintenance plan to cover all your basic needs.
Does the Ferrari FF qualify for discounts?
You could receive discounts on the FF’s high insurance premium with these safety features.
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- Parking sensors
- Backup camera
Why is insurance so high for the Ferrari FF?
The Ferrari FF may have a roomy interior that’s family friendly. However, its insurance rates don’t match up with other typical family cars for several reasons:
- High MSRP. This car’s ticket price is set far above a family sedan or minivan. Starting around $300,000, the car will cost your insurance company more to repair or replace.
- Higher coverage. The tradeoff for insuring a luxury car with higher coverage is a higher rate.
- Powerful engine. The FF comes with a whopping 651 horsepower, making it a tempting high-speed ride. The engine’s power may pose a risk in the eyes of your insurance company.
- Specialized repairs. This Italian sports car may need special imported parts or a Ferrari specialist for repair work. Both will raise the cost of repairs significantly.
How reliable is the Ferrari FF?
While the car has seen a few early recalls, FF owners do show satisfaction with its reliability.
- Safety. The Ferrari FF doesn’t hold safety ratings with the IIHS or NHTSA. That fact may be due to most consumers choosing cars at a lower price point.
- Reliability. Car owners from forums relate this car’s minimal repair needs, even after 15,000 to 20,000 miles.
- Recalls. The FF has included a few recalls. Those involved incorrect installment of the front airbag and an airbag inflator that may explode upon deploying. These issues have not come up in the 2016 model.
The Ferrari FF includes several safety features, an extensive manufacturer maintenance plan, and minimal repair needs. Its roomier body helps luxury-seekers still use this as a family car.
While these factors could help reduce your insurance premium, the high Ferrari price tag does drive up the average cost.
Frequently asked questions about the Ferrari FF
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out:
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.
Ask an Expert