We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
2020 Chrysler Voyager car insurance rates
The rebranded budget Pacifica offers good safety and reasonable insurance rates.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The average cost of insurance for the Chrysler Voyager is expected to be around $132 a month, or $1,584 a year, based on insurance for the Pacifica. With a base price starting at $26,985, the annual insurance cost-to-base ratio is 5% — just above the national average.
Compare car insurance for your Chrysler Voyager
How do I compare insurance for the Voyager?
Insurance on the 2020 Chrysler Voyager is expected to be fairly standard for a minivan. It’s similar to the lower grade version of the Pacifica, although the Voyager probably won’t include the extra bells and whistles. Here are things to consider:
- Body type. Minivans are one of the least expensive vehicles to insure due to durable build and safe handling.
- Fuel. The Voyager’s 22 combined city and highway MPG is in line with other standard minivans’ fuel economy.
- Theft rates. Minivans are stolen less than sedans, though some cities do have higher theft rates for minivans. In 2008 the Chrysler Pacifica was the eighth most stolen vehicle in the country, and Chrysler overall has higher theft rates than other brands.
- Maintenance. Costs to maintenance this vehicle look like they might fall on the lower end. Preventative care for your vehicle can translate to lower rates with some insurers.
- Coverage. Depending on how much you drive, where you live and park your minivan determines how much coverage you’ll need. If you’re financing your car, you’ll need at least collision and comprehensive.
- Warranty. Chrysler offers a three-year, 36,000 basic warranty and a five-year, 60,000 mile powertrain warranty program. It also comes with roadside assistance, allowing you to skip that coverage on your insurance.
- Manufacturer discount. Chrysler is currently offering a $750 customer cash rebate and a 0% APR for 36 month financing option, at the time of writing.
Does the Chrysler Voyager qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Voyager qualifies for some of the standard safety feature discounts offered by insurance companies:
- Anti-theft discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Passive restraint discount
How reliable is the Chrysler Voyager?
As a rebranded Pacifica, the Voyager can expect to receive similar safety and reliability ratings like:
- Safety. The 2019 Chrysler Pacifica earned a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and the Voyager could expect similar stellar safety ratings. It earned 5 out of 5 stars with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Voyager also comes with a blind spot monitoring system, rear cross path detection and a parking aid.
- Reliability. Both J.D. Power and US News rated the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica a 3 out of 5 for its reliability ratings, placing it in the average category. You can expect the same from the Voyager.
- Recalls. Fiat Chrysler issued a recall on nearly 200,000 of its 2017 and 2019 Pacifica models due to steering issues, so there is a chance the 2020 Voyager could see a recall in the future.
The Chrysler Voyager is basically the same minivan as the lower-end Chrysler Pacifica, which means it’s a solid vehicle all around. Insurance on the Voyager is slightly higher than average, but it performs well on safety tests, making it a safe choice on the road.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Noblr car insurance review Noblr car insurance offers monthly premium discounts based on your safe driving habits.
Compare carshare car insurance Make sure the free insurance offered by carshare services is enough protection for you.
Compare car insurance for self-employed drivers Self-employed drivers need to balance getting the best rates with protecting their business.
Compare Allstate car insurance discounts You could save well over 30% by taking advantage of Allstate’s numerous car insurance discounts.
Compare Liberty Mutual car insurance discounts Save extra money with Liberty Mutual by taking advantage of its numerous car insurance discounts.
Which gas should you use in your car? When should you use regular, premium or E85 gas? And what if you use the wrong kind?
How does car insurance cover additional drivers? Insurance should cover drivers listed on your policy, but double-check how your company handles unnamed drivers.
Compare car insurance with accidental death benefits An accidental death benefits rider can help cover funeral expenses after a fatal car accident.
Does driver assist technology affect car insurance? Driver assist technology won’t discount your insurance premium, but it could save your life.
Ferrari LaFerrari car insurance rates You can expect to pay a lot to buy — and insure — this hybrid hypercar from Ferrari.
Ask an Expert