Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Chrysler Voyager car insurance rates
The rebranded budget Pacifica offers good safety and reasonable insurance rates.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The average cost of insurance for the Chrysler Voyager is expected to be around $132 a month, or $1,584 a year, based on insurance for the Pacifica. With a base price starting at $26,985, the annual insurance cost-to-base ratio is 5% — just above the national average.
Compare car insurance for your Chrysler Voyager
How do I compare insurance for the Voyager?
Insurance on the 2020 Chrysler Voyager is expected to be fairly standard for a minivan. It’s similar to the lower grade version of the Pacifica, although the Voyager probably won’t include the extra bells and whistles. Here are things to consider:
- Body type. Minivans are one of the least expensive vehicles to insure due to durable build and safe handling.
- Fuel. The Voyager’s 22 combined city and highway MPG is in line with other standard minivans’ fuel economy.
- Theft rates. Minivans are stolen less than sedans, though some cities do have higher theft rates for minivans. In 2008 the Chrysler Pacifica was the eighth most stolen vehicle in the country, and Chrysler overall has higher theft rates than other brands.
- Maintenance. Costs to maintenance this vehicle look like they might fall on the lower end. Preventative care for your vehicle can translate to lower rates with some insurers.
- Coverage. Depending on how much you drive, where you live and park your minivan determines how much coverage you’ll need. If you’re financing your car, you’ll need at least collision and comprehensive.
- Warranty. Chrysler offers a three-year, 36,000 basic warranty and a five-year, 60,000 mile powertrain warranty program. It also comes with roadside assistance, allowing you to skip that coverage on your insurance.
- Manufacturer discount. Chrysler is currently offering a $750 customer cash rebate and a 0% APR for 36 month financing option, at the time of writing.
Does the Chrysler Voyager qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Voyager qualifies for some of the standard safety feature discounts offered by insurance companies:
- Anti-theft discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Passive restraint discount
How reliable is the Chrysler Voyager?
As a rebranded Pacifica, the Voyager can expect to receive similar safety and reliability ratings like:
- Safety. The 2019 Chrysler Pacifica earned a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, and the Voyager could expect similar stellar safety ratings. It earned 5 out of 5 stars with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Voyager also comes with a blind spot monitoring system, rear cross path detection and a parking aid.
- Reliability. Both J.D. Power and US News rated the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica a 3 out of 5 for its reliability ratings, placing it in the average category. You can expect the same from the Voyager.
- Recalls. Fiat Chrysler issued a recall on nearly 200,000 of its 2017 and 2019 Pacifica models due to steering issues, so there is a chance the 2020 Voyager could see a recall in the future.
The Chrysler Voyager is basically the same minivan as the lower-end Chrysler Pacifica, which means it’s a solid vehicle all around. Insurance on the Voyager is slightly higher than average, but it performs well on safety tests, making it a safe choice on the road.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
GM OnStar car insurance review
Existing users can get a discount, but coverage is only offered in Arizona for now.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Heacock Classic car insurance review July 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
How to plan a road trip
Best tips for planning a road trip and saving money along the way.
Online driver’s ed courses
Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Acceptance car insurance review Jul 2021
Consider Acceptance if you’re a high-risk driver, but prepare for the possibility of a negative customer service experience.
Compare van dweller insurance
Nail down the right insurance for your budget and van type, including converted vans or Sprinters.
Ask an Expert