Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Chevrolet Blazer car insurance rates
Strong safety ratings help keep insurance rates reasonably affordable for the revamped Blazer.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Compare car insurance for your Chevrolet Blazer
How do I compare insurance for the Blazer?
Since the Blazer was only reintroduced to the market in 2019, insurance companies don’t have much historical data to base rates on. Insurers will consider similar factors from familiar Chevy SUVs, such as the Equinox, Tahoe and Traverse:
- Body type. The Blazer is a mid-size SUV, which makes it slightly more expensive to insure than crossover SUVs, but still less than large SUVs and pickup trucks.
- Fuel. Exact fuel economy for the Blazer depends on the type of engine you select, but you can expect to achieve 21 mpg in the city and up to 27 mpg on the highway.
- Theft rates. The new Blazer has only been on the market again since 2019, so theft rates haven’t been released. However, its cousin, the Chevy Equinox, is among the lowest for theft rates of compact crossovers.
- Maintenance. The average annual cost of maintenance on the Blazer is $431, according to Repair Pal’s website. Lower maintenance costs and cheaper parts translate into lower insurance rates.
- Coverage. With prices ranging from $28,000 to over $41,000, you’ll likely want to put both comprehensive and collision coverage on your Blazer. Physical damage coverage on new vehicles is higher due to the higher market value.
- Warranty. Chevrolet’s basic warranty is good for three years or 36,000 miles with an option to buy an extended warranty. It includes roadside assistance for coverage up to five years or 100,000 miles, meaning you don’t have to buy towing coverage on your insurance.
- Manufacturer offer. Chevrolet puts out various discounts on its Blazer models, including a current $3,250 cash back offer at the time of this writing.
Does the Chevrolet Blazer qualify for discounts?
Yes, though the exact discounts will depend on the model and trim you buy and your insurance company. New Blazers will likely qualify for:
- Antilock brake discount
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Active restraint discount
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Airbag discount
How reliable is the Chevrolet Blazer?
The reinvented Chevy Blazer has scored relatively high from rating sites like J.D. Power since its release, with an 89 overall rating for its 2020 model. These strong ratings help keep its insurance rates down.
- Safety. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) gave the 2020 Blazer its 5-star rating for safety, while the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has given it its best “Good” rating for crashworthiness.
- Reliability. J.D. Power rated the Blazer an 84 of 100 for reliability.
- Recalls. There haven’t been any recalls on the revamped Blazer, which helps with reliability and safety ratings.
The Chevrolet Blazer is in its third year of production after its long hiatus from the market. Its proven safety and reliability ratings help with its insurance rates, though it runs in the middle of the pack when it comes to insurance rates for a mid-size SUV.
You can compare car insurance companies to make sure you’re getting the lowest rates possible.
Common questions about the Chevrolet Blazer
Read more on this topic
Kia Mohave insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it? Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Compare Root vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Progressive?
Compare Root vs Geico car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Geico?
Polestar 1 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 1.