Get on the road with the protection you need through this customer-focused provider in 20 states.
Central Insurance strives to give its customers the personal attention of a small provider with the support of a bigger business.
What is Central Insurance?
Central Insurance was started in 1876 in a small Ohio community. Since then, it has become a popular provider for customers looking for the intimacy of a small company but the availability of a much larger one.
Central Insurance works through more than 350,000 independent agents in 20 states to provide quality, customized coverage.
Pros and cons
- A.M. Best A Excellent rating. Serving 20 states and thousands of customers, Central Insurance exceeds its ability to meet its insurance obligations.
- Quality customer service. Central Insurance customer service reps are available 24/7. Agents pride themselves on customer accessibility, so you can give them a call directly too.
- Bad driving history OK. Although their rates may be higher, Central Insurance accepts riskier drivers that other companies might not. If you’ve had difficulty finding an auto insurer, Central Insurance could be a good fit.
- Unfamiliar vernacular. Central Insurance confusingly refers to its coverage using different terms. For example, it calls comprehensive insurance “physical damage.” Read the details so that you’re clear on what you’re signing up for.
- Potentially high rates. Central Insurance can be expensive — especially if your driving history isn’t perfect.
- Inconsistency among agents. Because Central Insurance agents are independent, the specifics of your policy can vary among them, making it difficult to research your best deal ahead of time.
- Limited service. Central Insurance is licensed to do business in 20 Northeast, Southeast and Southwest states only.
Companies similar to Central Insurance
What coverage does Central Insurance offer?
- Liability coverage. Protects your legal liability if you injure someone or damage someone else’s property in an accident.
- Medical payments coverage. If you or a passenger is injured in a car accident, get help with medical bills — regardless of who’s at fault.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorists coverage. When driver at fault for your accident doesn’t have insurance — or enough of it — to cover your medical bills and damages, this coverage kicks in
- Collision coverage. This covers damages to your car caused by an automobile accident.
- Other-than-collision coverage. Takes care of direct accidental loss not excluded by your policy, like theft, vandalism, glass breakage, wind, fire, hail or flood.
Does Central Insurance offer other types of insurance?
Central Insurance also offers boat, business and homeowners insurance, as well as several umbrella packages for your insurance needs.
Central Insurance offers comprehensive auto insurance plans for everyone — even drivers with prior accidents. It’s known for superb customer service and attention to the individual that includes the myCentral mobile app and online payment system. But if you don’t live in one of the 20 states it services, you may need to look elsewhere.