Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Cadillac XT6 car insurance rates
Steep insurance costs make comparing providers vital.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Insuring a luxury vehicle of any size is going to be expensive, but the 2019 XT6 clocks in at an average of $2,856 per year in insurance premiums — over $1,500 more than the overall average yearly car insurance cost.
Cadillac’s midsize luxury SUV didn’t exactly dominate the competition in 2019 — in fact, it was towards the bottom of its category, according to the U.S. News top picks — but that tune may change with the 2020 updates. Because the redesigns for 2020 are still under wraps, it’s hard to tell whether they’re likely to send insurance rates up or down, or affect them at all.
Drivers over age 50 can enjoy low rates and perks designed for mature drivers, plus freebies and AARP member perks like free replacement cost coverage.
- Free replacement cost coverage
- Disappearing deductibles and lower deductibles for not-at-fault accidents
- Exclusive AARP member benefits that increase over time
- Perks like $2,500 for home services after an accident
Compare car insurance for your Cadillac XT6
How do I compare insurance for the XT6?
When you’re getting ready to compare insurance options, keep in mind that all luxury vehicles are likely going to be more expensive to insure overall. The following will also affect your rates:
- Body type. A midsize SUV has a lot of size on a typical sedan. And unfortunately the bigger the car, the bigger the insurance premiums are likely to be.
- Fuel. With its city fuel economy topping out at 19 miles per gallon, the XT6 is missing awards for efficiency.
- Theft rates. You’ll find that theft rates for luxury vehicles are typically higher than that of the national average. Higher theft rates can lead to higher insurance premiums.
- Maintenance. Finding parts and dealerships to service your XT6 will be a breeze given Buick’s parent company General Motors is a major domestic manufacturer. But they’re pricier if your XT6 needs repairs after an accident.
- Coverage. You may find it useful to look into luxury car insurance to find coverage maximums that get you closer to the MSRP of your XT6.
- Warranty. Insurance benefits that you might be tempted to add on, like transportation while your car is in the shop and 24/7 roadside assistance, are included for the first six years or 70,000 miles with your warranty on 2013 or newer Cadillacs.
Does the Cadillac XT6 qualify for discounts?
Discounts you can potentially get for standard and optional features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft devices
Why is insurance so expensive for the XT6?
Luxury cars are valued higher than standard vehicles, and tend to cost more to repair and replace. Because of this, car insurance policies for them typically need to have higher coverage maximums and tend to sport larger premiums.
How reliable is the Cadillac XT6?
- Safety. The 2019 XT6 received Good ratings across the board in the crashworthiness category evaluated by the IIHS, and Superior for its optional front crash prevention system. Where it falls short is its headlights, which receive Marginal at best for a fully decked-out trim and Poor at worst.
- Reliability. While the 2019 XT6 only got to the 20 spot on the top 23 luxury midsize SUVs with U.S. News, the report largely had nothing negative to say about it. Its handling was noted as being nothing to write home about, but overall it ranked low because it didn’t exceed expectations — not because it failed them.
- Recalls. The NHTSA has no reported recalls for the 2018 or 2019 XT6 models as of May 2019, but there is one reported recall for the 2017 model for possible brake fluid leaks. The agency gives the 2019 XT6 a 5-star overall safety rating.
While the 2019 Cadillac XT6 didn’t blow its competition out of the water, it’s generally seen as a fair vehicle. That said, a luke-warm ride may not be worth shelling out an extra $130 per month over the national average for insurance.
Frequently asked questions about the Cadillac XT6
Read more on this topic
Audi S4 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Audi S4.
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.