Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Cadillac XT4 car insurance rates
Plenty of safety features can drive down your premiums, but you’ll end up paying for it up front.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The 2019 Cadillac XT4 comes highly rated among several car enthusiast publications around the web, making the subcompact SUV a favorite among the year’s lineup. With the news that its updates will be limited in 2020, it can be expected that insurance rates will largely remain the same.
The XT4 averages about $175 per month or $2,100 a year, which runs $800 over the national average of $1,300 a year. A hefty cost, but not uncommon for a luxury vehicle — especially a larger one. And while its optional safety features might help you get a lower premium, they can cost several hundred dollars extra up front.
Our top pick: The AARP Auto Insurance Program from The Hartford
Drivers over age 50 can enjoy low rates and perks designed for mature drivers, plus freebies and AARP member perks like free replacement cost coverage.
- 12-month rate lock
- Customized options for AARP members
- 24/7 claims service
- Accident forgiveness
- New car replacement
- Disappearing deductible
Compare car insurance for your Cadillac XT4
How do I compare insurance for the XT4?
This luxury subcompact SUV comes with the same additional expenses that other luxury cars and SUVs face. When comparing insurance rates, keep the following in mind:
- Body type. SUVs, even subcompact ones, can run at higher insurance rates than sedans because of their size. They cost more to repair and cause more damage in a crash.
- Fuel. Being a purely gas-powered machine means you won’t have to worry about the slight rate hike that can come with electric vehicles, but you may find the premiums higher than its more fuel-efficient competition.
- Theft rates. The NHTSA has no data on the XT4’s theft rates right now, but it should be noted that luxury vehicles tend to have higher than average rates, which can lead to more costly insurance premiums.
- Maintenance. General Motors, which owns the Cadillac brand, is a domestic company — this makes finding parts and dealerships to service its cars easy compared to foreign brands.
- Coverage. Researching luxury car insurance may be worth the extra cost given coverage is likely to be more comprehensive for a high-end car like the XT4. But you’ll also have your pick of standard insurers who will cover this SUV.
- Warranty. With several warranty options included and to choose from, you can rest assured knowing you can save on some of the potential insurance costs, such as 24/7 roadside assistance and transportation reimbursement while your car is in the shop.
Does the Cadillac XT4 qualify for discounts?
Standard and optional features can get you a few discounts, depending on what you opt for. Discounts can include those for:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft devices
- Safety and restraints
Why is insurance so expensive for the XT4?
An extra $800 per year is nothing to sniff at, but it comes with having a vehicle that’s more expensive to repair and replace. The value of a luxury car is higher, and you can be more inclined to buy coverage with higher maximums, both of which cause insurance rates to increase over a cheaper sedan.
How reliable is the Cadillac XT4?
- Safety. The IIHS hasn’t published safety findings for the XT4, but it’s slightly bigger sibling, the midsize XT5, generally has good marks across the board save for its headlights rating. When fitted with the premium headlights features, it gets a rating of Marginal, whereas the standard options get the lowest rating of Poor.
- Reliability. U.S. News put the 2019 XT4 in third place for its list of top luxury subcompact SUVs, just behind the BMW X1 and Volvo XC40. The only significant noted issue was its questionable braking power.
- Recalls. As of May 2019, there have been no reported recalls for the XT4. It also received a five-star safety rating from the NHTSA.
The Cadillac XT4 is undoubtedly one of the top SUVs of its class, but it still comes with the car insurance cost trappings that luxury cars and larger vehicles garner. Checking out other makes and models can help you better compare similar vehicles. And you can also compare coverage options overall to make sure the insurer you’re going with meets all of your high-class standards.
Frequently asked questions about the Cadillac XT4
Read more on this topic
Aston Martin DBX insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Aston Martin DBX.
GoAuto car insurance review August 2020 Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Compare the best auto and renters insurance bundles The best companies blend wide auto and renters coverage, free perks and strong value.
Compare RV rental insurance Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
Honda Passport car insurance rates The Honda Passport’s high safety ratings and antitheft package may discount your insurance.
Ford Bronco car insurance rates The Bronco’s off-roading performance may mean an increased car insurance premium. But its safety features could be an upside.
Electra Meccanica Solo car insurance rates Insuring the new Electra Meccanica Solo presents a unique challenge.
States with the strictest driving laws If you're relaxed behind the wheel, you'll want to steer clear of these states with the strictest driving laws.
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.