Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Cadillac XT4 car insurance rates
Plenty of safety features can drive down your premiums, but you’ll end up paying for it up front.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The 2019 Cadillac XT4 comes highly rated among several car enthusiast publications around the web, making the subcompact SUV a favorite among the year’s lineup. With the news that its updates will be limited in 2020, it can be expected that insurance rates will largely remain the same.
The XT4 averages about $175 per month or $2,100 a year, which runs $800 over the national average of $1,300 a year. A hefty cost, but not uncommon for a luxury vehicle — especially a larger one. And while its optional safety features might help you get a lower premium, they can cost several hundred dollars extra up front.
Enjoy low rates for mature drivers, plus freebies and AARP member perks like free replacement cost coverage. Only for drivers over age 50.
- Free replacement cost coverage
- Disappearing deductibles and lower deductibles for not-at-fault accidents
- Exclusive AARP member benefits that increase over time
- Perks like $2,500 for home services after an accident
Compare car insurance for your Cadillac XT4
How do I compare insurance for the XT4?
This luxury subcompact SUV comes with the same additional expenses that other luxury cars and SUVs face. When comparing insurance rates, keep the following in mind:
- Body type. SUVs, even subcompact ones, can run at higher insurance rates than sedans because of their size. They cost more to repair and cause more damage in a crash.
- Fuel. Being a purely gas-powered machine means you won’t have to worry about the slight rate hike that can come with electric vehicles, but you may find the premiums higher than its more fuel-efficient competition.
- Theft rates. The NHTSA has no data on the XT4’s theft rates right now, but it should be noted that luxury vehicles tend to have higher than average rates, which can lead to more costly insurance premiums.
- Maintenance. General Motors, which owns the Cadillac brand, is a domestic company — this makes finding parts and dealerships to service its cars easy compared to foreign brands.
- Coverage. Researching luxury car insurance may be worth the extra cost given coverage is likely to be more comprehensive for a high-end car like the XT4. But you’ll also have your pick of standard insurers who will cover this SUV.
- Warranty. With several warranty options included and to choose from, you can rest assured knowing you can save on some of the potential insurance costs, such as 24/7 roadside assistance and transportation reimbursement while your car is in the shop.
Does the Cadillac XT4 qualify for discounts?
Standard and optional features can get you a few discounts, depending on what you opt for. Discounts can include those for:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft devices
- Safety and restraints
Why is insurance so expensive for the XT4?
An extra $800 per year is nothing to sniff at, but it comes with having a vehicle that’s more expensive to repair and replace. The value of a luxury car is higher, and you can be more inclined to buy coverage with higher maximums, both of which cause insurance rates to increase over a cheaper sedan.
How reliable is the Cadillac XT4?
- Safety. The IIHS hasn’t published safety findings for the XT4, but it’s slightly bigger sibling, the midsize XT5, generally has good marks across the board save for its headlights rating. When fitted with the premium headlights features, it gets a rating of Marginal, whereas the standard options get the lowest rating of Poor.
- Reliability. U.S. News put the 2019 XT4 in third place for its list of top luxury subcompact SUVs, just behind the BMW X1 and Volvo XC40. The only significant noted issue was its questionable braking power.
- Recalls. As of May 2019, there have been no reported recalls for the XT4. It also received a five-star safety rating from the NHTSA.
The Cadillac XT4 is undoubtedly one of the top SUVs of its class, but it still comes with the car insurance cost trappings that luxury cars and larger vehicles garner. Checking out other makes and models can help you better compare similar vehicles. And you can also compare coverage options overall to make sure the insurer you’re going with meets all of your high-class standards.
Frequently asked questions about the Cadillac XT4
More guides on Finder
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.
Combined life insurance review March 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
Denied life insurance
Learn the common health reasons that lead to denials and how to get life insurance anyway.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
2020 shakes up the car insurance industry in a good way
A company you’ve never heard of just made it to the top for customer satisfaction. Here’s who did what to better serve their customers.
Heacock Classic car insurance review March 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.