Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Cadillac CT5 car insurance rates
Its safety features and new car warranty will help cut costs on high insurance rates for this luxury car.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The 2020 CT5 is swinging into the Cadillac lineup this fall to replace its three mainstay sedan models — the ATS, CTS and XTS.
The purchase cost isn’t the only luxury price tag you’ll encounter if you’re considering this model. Expect the estimated average annual insurance rate to be around $2,000 — or $700 more a year than the $1,300 national average. Given it’s not launching until later this year, the figure is based on the rates of similar models and should be used as a general guide.
Compare car insurance for your Cadillac CT5
How do I compare insurance for the CT5?
A luxury sedan is going to run on the more expensive side no matter the model, and the CT5 is no exception. Consider these several factors that affect the CT5’s high insurance rates.
- Body type. Sedans and smaller cars tend to come with less expensive rates.
- Fuel. The CT5 will sport a fuel-management system to help conserve on gas, which can save you money on fuel costs and insurance premiums.
- Theft rates. According to the NHTSA, the Cadillac CTS averaged about 67 reported thefts between 2003 and 2014, which is above the established median. The CT5 will be similar, so you can expect the rates to line up, with a higher theft rate meaning higher premiums.
- Maintenance. Cadillac has dealerships across the country, and parts are easily sourced given it’s part of General Motors — a domestic company. This can result in lower premium costs than those of foreign cars, especially those considered luxury vehicles.
- Coverage. Since the CT5 will be pricier than your average sedan, it may be worth looking into luxury car insurance. Typically you’ll find better coverage rates that actually match the cost of repairs and replacement when you head to specialized insurers.
- Warranty. Cadillac has quite a few warranty options, so find out what’s covered to avoid doubling up. Cadillac Shield is included with all models made since 2011, and has 24/7 roadside assistance, so there’s likely no need to purchase it separately with an insurer.
Does the Cadillac CT5 qualify for discounts?
Luxury vehicles may be more costly, but they also come with standard and optional features that can help you save on your premium discounts, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft devices
- Safety restraints
Why is insurance so expensive for the CT5?
As with all luxury vehicles, you’ll find that the CT5’s car insurance rates will likely run much higher than the national average. This is because the costs to repair and replace a luxury vehicle are significantly higher.
How reliable is the Cadillac CT5?
The Cadillac CT5 isn’t out just yet, but its reliability will likely be comparable to other Cadillac sedans. What we know so far is that, depending on the version you get — luxury, premium luxury or sport — there are a number of safety features that come standard or can be added on, including:
- Automatic emergency braking
- Forward collision alert
- Blind zone alert
- Pedestrian detection
- 360-degree camera system
- Rear-camera mirror
- Antilock brakes
- Automatic parking assist
Before you reserve your new Cadillac CT5, it’s important to mind the costs associated with it, including car insurance. Whether you’re tempted to look at another make or model, or you just want to get a better idea of overall car insurance rates, make sure to compare your options and get coverage that fits your needs at a price that matches your budget.
Frequently asked question about Cadillac CT5 insurance
More guides on Finder
Waffle car insurance review
Access an intuitive app, wide coverage and few exclusions when Waffle’s car insurance drops in late July.
Life insurance for seniors over 70
A final expense life insurance policy may be your best option in your 70s, especially if you have prior health problems.
Savvy car insurance review
This insurance shopping tool compares 100+ companies and prefills your quote forms.
Car accident statistics
Find out which states have the most and the least deadly car accidents per vehicle miles driven.
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
How much does umbrella insurance cost?
Get a low-cost policy for liability expenses that exceed your car or home insurance coverage.
United Quest℠ Card review
The Chase United Quest piles on the perks without breaking the bank.
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Teen driving statistics
Are teen car crashes getting better or worse compared to past years?
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.