Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Cadillac CT5 car insurance rates
Its safety features and new car warranty will help cut costs on high insurance rates for this luxury car.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The 2020 CT5 is swinging into the Cadillac lineup this fall to replace its three mainstay sedan models — the ATS, CTS and XTS.
The purchase cost isn’t the only luxury price tag you’ll encounter if you’re considering this model. Expect the estimated average annual insurance rate to be around $2,000 — or $700 more a year than the $1,300 national average. Given it’s not launching until later this year, the figure is based on the rates of similar models and should be used as a general guide.
Enjoy low rates for mature drivers, plus freebies and AARP member perks like free replacement cost coverage. Only for drivers over age 50.
- Free replacement cost coverage
- Disappearing deductibles and lower deductibles for not-at-fault accidents
- Exclusive AARP member benefits that increase over time
- Perks like $2,500 for home services after an accident
Compare car insurance for your Cadillac CT5
How do I compare insurance for the CT5?
A luxury sedan is going to run on the more expensive side no matter the model, and the CT5 is no exception. Consider these several factors that affect the CT5’s high insurance rates.
- Body type. Sedans and smaller cars tend to come with less expensive rates.
- Fuel. The CT5 will sport a fuel-management system to help conserve on gas, which can save you money on fuel costs and insurance premiums.
- Theft rates. According to the NHTSA, the Cadillac CTS averaged about 67 reported thefts between 2003 and 2014, which is above the established median. The CT5 will be similar, so you can expect the rates to line up, with a higher theft rate meaning higher premiums.
- Maintenance. Cadillac has dealerships across the country, and parts are easily sourced given it’s part of General Motors — a domestic company. This can result in lower premium costs than those of foreign cars, especially those considered luxury vehicles.
- Coverage. Since the CT5 will be pricier than your average sedan, it may be worth looking into luxury car insurance. Typically you’ll find better coverage rates that actually match the cost of repairs and replacement when you head to specialized insurers.
- Warranty. Cadillac has quite a few warranty options, so find out what’s covered to avoid doubling up. Cadillac Shield is included with all models made since 2011, and has 24/7 roadside assistance, so there’s likely no need to purchase it separately with an insurer.
Does the Cadillac CT5 qualify for discounts?
Luxury vehicles may be more costly, but they also come with standard and optional features that can help you save on your premium discounts, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft devices
- Safety restraints
Why is insurance so expensive for the CT5?
As with all luxury vehicles, you’ll find that the CT5’s car insurance rates will likely run much higher than the national average. This is because the costs to repair and replace a luxury vehicle are significantly higher.
How reliable is the Cadillac CT5?
The Cadillac CT5 isn’t out just yet, but its reliability will likely be comparable to other Cadillac sedans. What we know so far is that, depending on the version you get — luxury, premium luxury or sport — there are a number of safety features that come standard or can be added on, including:
- Automatic emergency braking
- Forward collision alert
- Blind zone alert
- Pedestrian detection
- 360-degree camera system
- Rear-camera mirror
- Antilock brakes
- Automatic parking assist
Before you reserve your new Cadillac CT5, it’s important to mind the costs associated with it, including car insurance. Whether you’re tempted to look at another make or model, or you just want to get a better idea of overall car insurance rates, make sure to compare your options and get coverage that fits your needs at a price that matches your budget.
Frequently asked question about Cadillac CT5 insurance
More guides on Finder
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Heacock Classic car insurance review March 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Driving without car insurance
Since driving uninsured comes with steep penalties, look at your coverage options or consider alternatives.
Say car insurance review Mar 2021
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare Auto Insurance
Get cheap car insurance rates.