Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
BMW Alpina XB7 car insurance rates
A high-performance, luxury SUV that comes with a high-priced insurance premium.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Compare car insurance for your BMW Alpina XB7
How do I compare insurance for the BMW XB7?
As a faster, more powerful version of the BMW X7, you can expect the insurance rates to reflect both the high-performance and expected luxury interior. As you compare insurance for the XB7, keep the following factors in mind:
- Body type. The XB7 is a large, luxury SUV, which could cause major damage in an accident.
- Fuel. While we don’t have MPG stats yet for this SUV, it’s expected to come with a twin-turbo 4.4-liter V-8 engine, which could signal Alpina prioritizing performance over fuel economy.
- Theft rates. As a new model, there aren’t any theft statistics available, but the comparable 2019 BMW X7 received a Superior security rating from Thatcham Research, which requires high security features and runs a relay attack on a vehicle’s keyless entry system.
- Maintenance. BMW Alpina parts tend to be imported and can be fairly expensive to maintain, which drives up rates.
- Coverage. As with any luxury car, the XB7 may require extra coverage to cover the cost of the car and high-priced repairs, including uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, gap coverage and comprehensive.
- Insurer options. Your options may be limited by the luxury insurance coverage you’ll need.
- Warranty. The Alpina XB7 comes with BMW’s standard four-year, 50,000-mile warranty that includes 12-year, unlimited mileage rust protection. The warranty comes with four years of 24/7 roadside assistance with no mileage restrictions.
Does the Alpina XB7 qualify for discounts?
The full extent of the discounts the XB7 qualifies for won’t be available until the SUV is released, but expect similar discounts as the BMW X7 SUV, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Antitheft system
- Front-impact airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Stability control
Why is insurance so expensive for the BMW XB7?
The XB7 insurance rates are expected to exceed even the BMW X7’s already high rates, but not without reason. The XB7 comes with a seriously large sticker price, which means a high replacement cost for insurers. An Alpina-tuned BMW is always a higher-performance version of the original model, which means higher speeds, more powerful engines and higher risk on the road.
How reliable is the BMW Alpina XB7?
With no real information to pull from on this model, you might look to the BMW X7 equivalent for safety and reliability stats.
- Safety. This model hasn’t been rated yet, but the mid-size BMW X5 was an IIHS top safety pick for 2020.
- Reliability. The reliability of this model has yet to be tested, but Alpina drivers rate the reliability of previous models pretty high, due to the high-performance standards and extra crafting that goes into Alpina-tuned vehicles.
- Recalls. While past BMW SUVs have faced recalls, the NHTSA hasn’t recorded any recalls on Alpina models for the last five years.
The Alpina XB7’s expected luxury detailing and high-performance engine makes it worth your while to shop around for car insurance at the best possible rate. And to make sure you’re getting the best deal, check out the rates for comparable car models before you shop.
Frequently asked questions about the BMW Alpina XB7
Read more on this topic
Compare the best bundling insurance companies for 2020 Your top choices for pairing the best savings, options and service when buying multiple insurance policies.
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
How to transfer your car registration in 5 basic steps Learn the basic steps for transferring your car registration from another state or previous car.
Grundy classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.
How to get your claim paid without receipts No receipts? See how you can still get your insurance claim paid with different types of policies.
What is a combined single limit car insurance policy? This type of limit applies to liability coverage, but it’s most common with commercial car insurance.
Car insurance in no-fault vs. at-fault states How your state determines fault affects your claims settlement and insurance premiums.
Hagerty classic car insurance review July 2020 Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.