This luxury full-size car comes with high-tech features and a high price tag and insurance bill to match.
According to our research, insuring your Bentley Mulsanne could cost you anywhere from $270 to $1,370 a month — or $3,240 to $16,440 a year. That’s quite a range, but not all insurers will take on such an expensive car, so you’ll need to compare your coverage options and see what makes the most sense for you.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Compare insurance providers that cover the Bentley Mulsanne
Bentley Mulsane car insurance rates
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
How to compare insurance for the Bentley Mulsanne
You’ll probably have to call a few insurance companies to get an accurate insurance quote for your Mulsanne, given how pricey they are. Most companies won’t even try giving you an online quote for this luxury vehicle. Geico, Progressive, Travelers and Esurance are among the providers that won’t touch a Bentley, while Erie, Farmers and Allstate will.
When comparing insurance options for the Bentley Mulsanne, consider:
- Price. Since repairs can be costly, you probably don’t want to go for the lowest insurance rate you can find for your Bentley Mulsanne. Instead, compare your options to find the best value for your needs.
- Deductible. A high deductible on your Bentley might not make sense in the long run. If an accident requires costly repairs, you’ll need that amount on hand before your insurance kicks in.
- Coverage. Most luxury car owners choose coverage beyond state minimum insurance requirements. Look into adding collision and comprehensive coverage to your policy to cover likely expensive repairs.
- Restrictions. Not all insurance companies are willing to insure luxury cars like the Mulsanne, so your options could be somewhat limited.
- Manufacturer offers. Bentley offers a three-year, unlimited-mile roadside assistance package on all new vehicles.
What factors affect car insurance for the Bentley Mulsanne?
Luxury cars like the Bentley Mulsanne are typically more expensive to insure than other vehicles because parts to fix them are rare and imported. Plus, not all shops will work on a Bentley, so you might have to pay top dollar to take yours to a dealership or expensive specialty shop.
Your insurance rates could also be affected by which of the three Mulsanne trim packages you drive:
- Mulsanne Base. This is the least expensive model, although it starts at $304,670.
- Mulsanne Speed. This model boasts 530 hp, while the Base and Extended Wheelbase models clock in at 505 hp. Although the Mulsanne Speed is slightly less expensive than the Extended Wheelbase model, you might pay extra to insure this one because it’s faster.
- Mulsanne Extended Wheelbase. This is the most expensive model, starting at $361,500, and offers a roomier backseat.
Driver factors and insurance costs
Beyond the make and model of your vehicle, other factors like your age, gender, location, credit score and accident history can affect your car insurance rates.
When it comes to sports cars, insurance companies consider them a higher risk for accidents than other vehicles. That’s why the Mulsanne Speed could be a little pricier to insure than the other trim packages.
If you live in a city with traffic congestion or high crime rates, you could see above-average premiums as well.
Does the Bentley Mulsanne qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Bentley Mulsanne comes equipped with safety features that could land you a discount on your premium, including:
- Antilock brakes
- Stability control
- Parking sensors
- Blindspot alerts
- Antitheft security system
Reliability and safety ratings for the Bentley Mulsanne
Because the Bentley Mulsanne is so expensive and therefore isn’t a very common car on the road, there’s no official safety or reliability data for it. But Bentley in general has earned a reputation for being one of the least reliable car brands in recent years.
One possible reason for this is that luxury cars in general tend to have more problems than your average daily driver, plus parts can be pricey and hard to find.
According to online owner reviews, reliability sounds like more of an issue if you’re buying a used Bentley or if you drive your Bentley more frequently than just to show it off every once in a while. After all, the more you drive it, the higher the chances of something breaking.
The Bentley Mulsanne series maintenance
Luxury cars like the Bentley Mulsanne don’t just cost a lot to buy — the maintenance and repair costs are above average. Expect to pay around $500 a year for regular oil changes, plus an additional $1,400 to $2,500 a year in other maintenance costs.
You’ll also have to shop around for a mechanic that work on Bentley Mulsannes, because most won’t touch a luxury car like this one. Expect to pay extra and wait longer when you bring your Bentley to dealership or specialty shop.
How long does it take to make a Bentley?
Bentleys are known for being the epitome of luxury, so it’s no surprise that they go through a lengthy manufacturing process before they’re ready for the road.
The engine for the Bentley Mulsanne takes up to 30 hours to put together, the interior takes around 170 hours to build, the body takes more than 125 hours to assemble and the steering wheel alone takes 15 hours to create.
All of the added time and care that goes into making a Bentley is one of the top reasons why this brand is so pricey to buy and insure.
Compare Bentley Mulsanne competitors
Looking for other car brands? Compare car makes and models that are similar to the Bentley Mulsanne.
Bentleys are known for their speed, luxury and hefty price tag. You can expect to pay more than average to insure, repair and maintain your Mulsanne.
Compare insurance rates from multiple providers to find the best value on coverage that makes sense for your luxury car.
Frequently asked questions about the Bentley Mulsanne
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out: