Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Aston Martin Vanquish car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring this James Bond classic.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
This luxury European sports car has higher maintenance and repair costs, but extra safety features could help you save on car insurance. The average insurance rate is $510 per month or $6,120 annually — nearly $4,700 above the national average of $1,426 annually.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
How much does Vanquish car insurance cost?
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Compare insurance providers that cover the Aston Martin DB11
How do I compare insurance for the Vanquish?
This car’s specialized parts and high price tag may increase your insurance premium. However, you can weigh coverage options for the best rates. Adding additional coverage provides more protection for your car during an accident.
- Body type. Repairs for the Vanquish are expensive because parts often come from the UK or are difficult to find.
- Fuel. Gas mileage for the Vanquish is rated at 13 to 21 miles per gallon, making it an inefficient option for fuel economy.
- Maintenance. Basic maintenance ranges from hundreds to thousands of dollars, taking into account the cost of foreign parts.
- Theft rates. The Vanquish has no reports of theft reported in the last decade. This could help lower your rate.
- Coverage. Instead of standard coverage, consider purchasing luxury car insurance, which includes a higher limit on your policy. This special coverage will often use agreed value and let you choose the repair shop that’s best for your vehicle. You can also get standard add-ons like collision, comprehensive and underinsured/uninsured motorist.
- Insurer options. Not all insurance companies cover the Aston Martins. You may have better luck with a provider that specializes in luxury insurance.
- Warranty. Aston Martin backs this car with a three-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin Vanquish?
The Aston Martin Vanquish costs more to insure because it requires specialized parts that are hard to find, making it expensive to repair. Also, for this vehicle you may want luxury car insurance with a higher policy limit — meaning higher premiums for this car made in the UK.
Does the Aston Martin Vanquish qualify for discounts?
The Vanquish includes several safety features that could score you a safety device discount.
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Driving stability control
- Parking sensors
- Backup camera
Why is insurance so high for the Vanquish?
As you might expect, this above-average luxury car has above-average insurance rates. That’s due to several factors:
- High ticket price. The ticket price can be as high as $300,000. Your insurance company knows this means higher repair costs after an accident.
- Higher coverage. You may want higher coverage for your sports car to protect your investment in case of an accident.
- Specialized repairs. Your car may need expensive, imported parts or specialized mechanics to perform repairs.
- Convertible top. The Vanquish comes with a convertible option. Driving topless adds a bit more risk for bodily injuries.
How reliable is the Aston Martin Vanquish?
These high-end sports cars are hand built and aren’t meant for daily driving like a sedan or SUV. There are no reports out regarding its safety or reliability, but it did face some recalls, which can affect your insurance rate.
- Safety. Neither the NHTSA or IIHS have safety ratings for this vehicle. It comes with airbags, seatbelt pretensioners, a security system and stability control to prevent drivers from losing control of the car.
- Reliability. There’s not much out there to vouch for the Vanquish’s reliability. However, owners on various car forums are satisfied with its driving and maintenance requirements overall, with few citing ongoing problems.
- Recalls. Over the years, the Vanquish has seen a recurring recall on its double-locking door system. Doors that have been locked from the outside can’t be opened from inside the car. However, this issue has been resolved in recent models.
You might pay more to insure this premium sports car, but its safety features could offer some discounts. Not all insurance providers cover the Vanquish, so compare car insurance providers to find the best rate.
Need more information about insurance for other vehicles? Research another make or model.
Frequently asked questions about the Vanquish
More guides on Finder
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
Is credit disability insurance right for me?
Get your loan payments covered when you experience a disability and can’t work, but with limited coverage.
How much will I get from disability insurance?
Disability insurance typically pays out between 40% and 80% of your income, but will depend on the type of policy you have.
Heacock Classic car insurance review April 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
How much disability insurance do I need?
You won’t be able to replace all of your income with disability insurance, but you can buy enough to cover your biggest monthly bills.
Ask an Expert