Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Aston Martin Rapide car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring this luxury sedan.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Aston Martin Rapide is a four-door, high-performance sedan that was initially released in 2010. It’s produced in small batches to maximize quality control, resulting in a luxury vehicle with a price tag of $200,000.
Given its meticulous details and performance design, the average cost of car insurance for an Aston Martin Rapide is $7,500 per year — roughly six times the national average.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
How much does Aston Martin Rapide car insurance cost?
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Compare insurance providers that cover the Aston Martin Rapide
How do I compare insurance for the Aston Martin Rapide?
The Rapide is an expensive vehicle that’s built for performance, meaning it’ll also be expensive to insure. Providers consider a few important factors when determining your cost of coverage:
- Body type. Although the Rapide is a sedan, it’s considered a high-performance vehicle, which increases the cost of coverage.
- Fuel. The Rapide has a gas engine, which is typically cheaper to insure compared to diesel and hybrid engines.
- Theft rates. The Aston Martin Rapide doesn’t have particularly high theft rates and has great anti-theft technology, which might help you save on insurance.
- Maintenance. Maintenance and repairs on this vehicle will likely be costly, so providers increase insurance prices accordingly.
- Coverage. You’ll probably want collision and comprehensive coverage for a car this expensive, which increases your rates.
- Insurer options. There’s a chance you’ll be able to get coverage from major providers, though you might get better rates from an insurance provider that specializes in luxury and performance vehicles.
- Warranty. The Rapide is protected by a three-year, unlimited mileage warranty, but consider additional coverage or an extended warranty once it runs out.
- Safety. This vehicle isn’t currently rated by the IIHS or NHTSA, but its numerous safety features could help reduce the cost of insurance.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin Rapide?
The Aston Martin Rapide costs more to insure because a high performance vehicle means a high amount of power behind acceleration. Higher accelerating vehicles usually result in more claims over time. Also, pricier cars require higher quality parts and a more complicated repair process that contributes to higher premiums.
Does Aston Martin Rapide qualify for auto insurance discounts?
The Aston Martin Rapide may qualify for auto insurance discounts that could help you get better rates. Some of the features that could contribute to this are:
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Aston Martin Rapide?
Aston Martin vehicles are produced in small numbers to maintain high quality control standards, so the Rapide is generally a reliable vehicle. Consider:
- Safety. The Aston Martin Rapide doesn’t have safety ratings at this time, but its standard safety features may help you save on insurance.
- Reliability. While the Rapide doesn’t have any official reliability ratings, there don’t seem to be many common issues or customer complaints about the vehicle.
- Recalls. Some Rapide models from 2010 to 2016 were recalled due to faulty door latches that could prevent the doors from being opened from the inside. Additionally, some 2010 to 2015 models were recalled for issues with the engine control module, and some 2012 to 2013 models for a manufacturer error that could cause the throttle pedal arm to break.
The Aston Martin Rapide is a luxury vehicle that’s developed with performance in mind. Its design and six-figure price tag warrant high car insurance rates, but it may be eligible for car insurance discounts to help reduce the cost.
Get quotes from multiple providers to compare your options.
Explore Aston Martin car insurance rates for other models
Frequently asked questions about the Aston Martin Rapide
Read more on this topic
Kia Mohave insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it? Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Compare Root vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Progressive?
Compare Root vs Geico car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Geico?
Polestar 1 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 1.
Ask an Expert