Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Aston Martin DBS 59 Superleggera car insurance rates
A king of limited edition racecars reaching mind-blowing speeds and high car insurance prices.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Aston Martin is known for creations like the new DBS 59, and that typically means sky-high insurance rates. Because this car is framed around the DB11, it could bring a similar premium of $652 a month or $7,824 a year, about $6,500 above the national average. With a base price of $308,000, that would leave the annual insurance cost-to-base car price ratio at 2.5%, below the national average of 4%.
Compare car insurance for your Aston Martin DBS 59 Superleggera
How do I compare insurance for the DBS 59 Superleggera?
When you go for a sports car with this much exclusivity, you can assume top insurance rates for its wide protection. What to expect with the DBS 59:
- Body type. This vehicle flaunts a racecar frame and styling, a car type that’s almost sure to bring high insurance rates.
- Fuel. You may not see fuel economy reviews on this exclusive edition, but the DB11 only gets 17 mpg combined, typical for a supercar.
- Theft rates. Aston Martins have such limited production that theft isn’t a problem, meaning lower theft rates than similar supercars.
- Maintenance. You’ll have high maintenance and repair costs because of limited US service locations and specialized European parts. Plus, this model only has 24 other cars like it.
- Coverage. Luxury insurance is almost a must with this car’s exclusive production and ticket price. You may want the agreed value coverage and high maximums, which mean higher rates.
- Insurer options. Luxury car insurers aren’t as widespread as standard insurers, meaning it’s hard to shop around for the best rates.
- Warranty. The DBS 59 may get the same three-year, unlimited-mileage warranty with roadside assistance as other models. But consider protection against mechanical breakdowns or track day coverage if you’re planning to race.
Does the Aston Martin DBS 59 Superleggera qualify for discounts?
When you shell out the money it takes to own a DBS 59, you can expect standard safety features to sweep in a few discounts:
- Antitheft system
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Why is insurance so expensive for the DBS 59 Superleggera?
Buying this supercar puts you on the fast track to a high premium because of its lofty sales price. This car is one of the fastest Aston Martins ever built with over 700 horsepower, and drivers might find the need for speed hard to resist. You might opt for the top tier of luxury car insurance or even add track day coverage, both leading to a top premium.
How reliable is the Aston Martin DBS 59 Superleggera?
You’ll have to zip around without official safety ratings, but chances are this Aston Martin comes with sufficient safety tech to cushion an accident. However, watch out for recalls similar to older DBS models.
- Safety. You won’t find safety tests on a limited model. But you’d expect any racecar to have adequate safety features, especially one at this power level.
- Reliability. There aren’t official reliability ratings either, but Aston Martin owners show few concerns in this area.
- Recalls. Older versions of the Aston Martin DBS saw multiple recalls. Those included the accelerator pedal arm breaking, inability to turn off seat heaters, inability to unlock doors from the inside and the transmission park pawl not engaging. While a new DBS might not have many problems, stand by for a few down the road.
The Aston Martin DBS 59 Superleggera proclaims exclusive styling from the first look at its green paint and high price. That combined with blinding speeds from a powerful engine nearly ensure a high car insurance premium.
Frequently asked questions about the Aston Martin DBS 59 Superleggera
More guides on Finder
Waffle car insurance review
Access an intuitive app, wide coverage and few exclusions when Waffle’s car insurance drops in late July.
Car accident statistics
Find out which states have the most and the least deadly car accidents per vehicle miles driven.
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
You can now pay for car insurance in Bitcoin – here’s how
You can pay for car insurance in Bitcoin, even if your insurer doesn’t accept it yet.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare full coverage vs. liability car insurance
Which type of car insurance policy fits your car and driving needs?
Heacock Classic car insurance review July 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Compare Auto Insurance
Get cheap car insurance rates.
Car insurance engine
Get cheap car insurance quotes for you.