Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Compare Allstate towing and roadside assistance
When you find yourself stranded on the side of the road, you’ll want to know that help is on the way fast. Allstate offers three types of roadside assistance, including policy add-ons to pay per use as low as $55 per year.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
How do I get Allstate roadside assistance?
Allstate offers full coverage to one-off coverage for car breakdowns and other road mishaps. And most of these options are available to non-Allstate customers. The cost of adding this on to your existing insurance policy is about the same as joining a motorist club like AAA or Allstate.
- Add roadside assistance to your policy. If you’re already covered by Allstate, you can add this to your car insurance coverage.
- Join the Allstate Motor Club. Get access to roadside assistance, travel perks and more.
- Call the Good Hands Rescue. No signup fees or extra payments, just pay for a tow when you need it.
What’s included with Allstate roadside assistance?
Whichever option you go for, Allstate covers you for anything that could happen on the road.
- Emergency roadside service
- Fuel delivery
- Tire changes
- Battery jump starts
Add towing and labor to your Allstate policy
If you already have car insurance with Allstate or you’re considering Allstate for insurance, you can add towing and labor coverage to your plan as little as $25 per year for each car on your policy. This add-on covers towing, lockouts, fuel delivery, tire changes and jump-starts so you won’t have to pay out of pocket for an emergency tow.
Once you’ve added towing and labor to your policy, download the Allstate mobile app to get access to 24/7 roadside assistance with Good Hands Rescue. You can also call 800-Allstate day or night to request emergency help. You might need to pay for the tow yourself and get reimbursement later.
Call Allstate’s Good Hands Rescue for a one-time tow
If you don’t want to add roadside coverage to your policy or you’re not an Allstate customer, you can use Allstate’s Good Hands Rescue. With this a pay-per-use service, you only pay for the services you need when you need them. Good Hands Rescue is open to everyone, not just Allstate customers, and help is available around the clock.
Simply download the free app, and your phone’s GPS will allow Allstate to find your exact location and send the help you need. The app also provides an ETA and real-time updates. Prices start as low as $69 for non-towing services and $99 for towing.
Join the Allstate Motor Club for roadside assistance and other perks
If you’ve ever signed up for membership clubs like AAA, AARP and Good Sam, the Allstate Motor Club will sound familiar.
One of the perks of an Allstate Motor Club membership is roadside assistance, which includes towing, lockout, fuel delivery, tire changes and jump-starts. You’ll also get access to other travel benefits like hotel discounts and trip-planning tools. Even better, membership is available to anyone, not just Allstate policyholders.
Choose from two types of memberships, Roadside Advantage or Platinum Elite.
This policy is $52 per year, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The key features include:
- $100 roadside assistance benefit. Covers you whether you’re stranded with a flat tire or simply ran out of gas.
- $500 arrest bond certificate. If you’re detained due to certain moving traffic violations, Allstate can give you a hand towards paying the bond or other fees. Certain terms and conditions apply based on your state.
- $750 trip interruption benefit. If you’re over 100 miles from home and your trip ends early due to a collision, don’t sweat it. Allstate will cover added expenses including meals, hotel stays and alternative transportation costs.
This policy is $99 per year, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The key features include:
- 24-hour emergency service. For everything from towing to lockouts.
- $250 roadside assistance benefit. Covers service fees up to $250 per occurrence.
- Motorcycle and RV coverage. Whether it’s your own, rented or borrowed motorcycle or RV, you’re still covered under the Platinum Elite benefits.
- $10,000 theft/hit-and-run protection. Allstate will pay up to $10,000 to any witness who leads to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for the theft of your car or bodily injury due to a hit-and-run accident.
- $2,000 arrest bond certificate. If you’re detained due to certain moving traffic violations, Allstate can give you a hand towards paying the bond or other fees. Certain terms and conditions apply based on your state.
- $1,500 trip interruption benefit. If you’re over 100 miles from home and your trip ends early due to a collision, don’t sweat it. Allstate will cover added expenses including meals, hotel stays and alternative transportation costs.
- 24/7 concierge service. Allstate helps you plan out your next road trip with customized routes, pitstops and places to stay.
- My Autoexpert. Members-only access to a repair and referral guide for getting your car serviced.
- Free Carfax vehicle history reports. Receive detailed info if you’re buying or leasing a used car.
- $250 road hazard benefit. Allstate offers reimbursement for expenses caused by common road hazards, like if a pothole damages your car or a nail ruined your tires.
- Travel savings. Receive savings on participating airlines, hotels, motels and rental car companies if you make advance reservations. Plus, Allstate offers new discounts and special offers throughout the year.
How to use your membership for roadside assistance
Allstate Motor Club members should download the Motor Club Mobile app. Here you can access your member benefits, including roadside assistance. Select what you need from from the diagnostics guide, and the app will use your phone’s GPS to dispatch help.
Compare Allstate towing to competitors
Don’t wait until you’ve blown a tire or run out of gas. Consider getting towing insurance now so you’ll have the help you need when you need it. Compare other companies that offer roadside assistance to find the right option for you.
More guides on Finder
Heacock Classic car insurance review October 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Horror stories you could actually insure against
13 best horror stories where insurance could have saved the day.
Say car insurance review Oct 2020
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare bus conversion insurance
Find and qualify for the right type of policy when living in a skoolie.
Acceptance car insurance review Oct 2020
Consider Acceptance if you’re a high-risk driver, but prepare for the possibility of a negative customer service experience.
Compare van dweller insurance
Nail down the right insurance for your budget and van type, including converted vans or Sprinters.
Compare RV rental insurance
Most rental companies build in some coverage, but make sure you have enough before getting in the cockpit.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review October 2020
Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.
Hagerty classic car insurance review October 2020
Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
Compare the best online car insurance companies
Compare the 5 best digital-focused car insurance companies.
Ask an Expert