Getting stranded on the side of the road is something no one wants to deal with, but it’s an inevitable reality for most drivers. When you find yourself in this situation, you’ll want to know that help is on the way fast.
Allstate offers three types of roadside assistance, and each one has its benefits. With options from policy add-ons to pay per use as low as $55 per year, compare roadside support from Allstate.
What are my options for roadside assistance?
Allstate offers full coverage to one-off coverage for car breakdowns and other road mishaps. And most of these options are available to non-Allstate customers. The cost of adding this on to your existing insurance policy is about the same as joining a motorist club like AAA or Allstate.
- Add roadside assistance to your policy. If you’re already covered by Allstate, you can add this to your car insurance coverage.
- Join the Allstate Motor Club. Get access to roadside assistance, travel perks and more.
- Call the Good Hands Rescue. No signup fees or extra payments, just pay for a tow when you need it.
Towing and labor policy add-on
If you already have car insurance with Allstate or you’re considering Allstate for insurance, you can add towing and labor coverage to your plan. This add-on covers towing, lockouts, fuel delivery, tire changes and jump-starts.
Do I need emergency roadside service on my policy for towing to be covered by Allstate?
Yes. To avoid paying out of pocket for towing your car, fuel delivery or other driving emergencies, you’ll need to add ERS to your existing Allstate policy, which could cost as little as $25 per year for each car on your policy.
How to use towing and labor
Once you’ve added towing and labor to your policy, be sure to download the Allstate mobile app. One of the many features of the app is Allstate’s Good Hands Rescue. Get 24/7 roadside assistance with Good Hands Rescue with the tap of a finger. Or call 800-Allstate day or night to request emergency help.
Allstate Motor Club
If you’ve ever signed up for membership clubs like AAA, AARP and Good Sam, the Allstate Motor Club will sound familiar.
One of the perks of an Allstate Motor Club membership is roadside assistance, which includes towing, lockout, fuel delivery, tire changes and jump-starts. You’ll also get access to other travel benefits like hotel discounts and trip-planning tools. Even better, membership is available to anyone, not just Allstate policyholders.
Choose from two types of memberships, Roadside Advantage or Platinum Elite.
This policy is $52 for the first year, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The key features include:
- $100 roadside assistance benefit. Covers you whether you’re stranded with a flat tire or simply ran out of gas.
- $500 arrest bond certificate. If you’re detained due to certain moving traffic violations, Allstate can give you a hand towards paying the bond or other fees. Certain terms and conditions apply based on your state.
- $750 trip interruption benefit. If you’re over 100 miles from home and your trip ends early due to a collision, don’t sweat it. Allstate will cover added expenses including meals, hotel stays and alternative transportation costs.
This policy is $99 for the first year, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The key features include:
- 24-hour emergency service. For everything from towing to lockouts.
- $250 roadside assistance benefit. Covers service fees up to $250 per occurrence.
- Motorcycle and RV coverage. Whether it’s your own, rented or borrowed motorcycle or RV, you’re still covered under the Platinum Elite benefits.
- $10,000 theft/hit-and-run protection. Allstate will pay up to $10,000 to any witness who leads to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for the theft of your car or bodily injury due to a hit-and-run accident.
- $2,000 arrest bond certificate. If you’re detained due to certain moving traffic violations, Allstate can give you a hand towards paying the bond or other fees. Certain terms and conditions apply based on your state.
- $1,500 trip interruption benefit. If you’re over 100 miles from home and your trip ends early due to a collision, don’t sweat it. Allstate will cover added expenses including meals, hotel stays and alternative transportation costs.
- 24/7 concierge service. Allstate helps you plan out your next road trip with customized routes, pitstops and places to stay.
- My Autoexpert. Members-only access to a repair and referral guide for getting your car serviced.
- Free Carfax vehicle history reports. Receive detailed info if you’re buying or leasing a used car.
- $250 road hazard benefit. Allstate offers reimbursement for expenses caused by common road hazards, like if a pothole damages your car or a nail ruined your tires.
- Travel savings. Receive savings on participating airlines, hotels, motels and rental car companies if you make advance reservations. Plus, Allstate offers new discounts and special offers throughout the year.
How to use your membership for roadside assistance
Allstate Motor Club members should download the Motor Club Mobile app. Here you can access your member benefits, including roadside assistance. Select what you need from from the diagnostics guide, and the app will use your phone’s GPS to dispatch help.
Good Hands Rescue
Good Hands Rescue is a pay-per-use service. You only pay for the services you need when you need them. Good Hands Rescue is open to everyone, not just Allstate customers, and help is available around the clock.
How to use Good Hands Rescue
Simply download the free app, and your phone’s GPS will allow Allstate to find your exact location and send the help you need. The app also provides an ETA and real-time updates. Prices start as low as $69 for non-towing services and $99 for towing.
Don’t wait until you’ve blown a tire or run out of gas. Consider getting towing insurance now so you’ll have the help you need when you need it. Compare other companies that offer roadside assistance to find the right option for you.