From policies as low as $55 per year, find out which plan works best for you.
Getting stranded on the side of the road is something no one wants to deal with, but it’s an inevitable reality for most drivers. When you find yourself in this situation, you’ll want to know that help is on the way — and fast. Allstate’s towing insurance will give you that peace of mind.
Allstate offers three types of roadside assistance — and each one has its benefits.
1) Towing and labor policy add-on
If you already have car insurance with Allstate or you’re considering Allstate for insurance, you can add towing and labor coverage to your plan. This add-on covers towing, lockouts, fuel delivery, tire changes and jump-starts.
How to use towing and labor
Once you’ve added towing and labor to your policy, be sure to download the Allstate mobile app. One of the many features of the app is Allstate’s Good Hands Rescue. Get roadside assistance with Good Hands Rescue with the tap of a finger, 24/7. Or call 800-Allstate day or night to request emergency help.
2) Allstate Motor Club
One of the perks of an Allstate Motor Club membership is roadside assistance — which includes towing, lockout, fuel delivery, tire changes and jump-starts — as well as other travel benefits like hotel discounts and trip-planning tools. Even better, membership is available to anyone, not just policyholders.
Choose from two types of memberships:
- Roadside Advantage. This policy is $52 for the first year, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The key features include:
- $100 roadside assistance benefit. To help whether you’re stranded with a flat tire of simply ran out of gas.
- $500 arrest bond certificate. If you’re detained due to certain moving traffic violations, Allstate can give you a hand towards paying the bond or other fees. But beware that certain terms and conditions apply towards these certificates depending on which state you’re in.
- $750 trip interruption benefit. In the case that your trip (where you’re over 100 miles from home) ends early due to a collision — don’t sweat it. Allstate will cover added expenses including meals, hotel stays and alternative transportation costs.
- Platinum Elite. This policy is $99 for the first year, and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The key features include:
- 24-hour emergency service. For everything from towing to lockouts.
- $250 roadside assistance benefit. Covers service fees up to $250 per occurrence.
- Motorcycle and RV coverage. Whether it’s your own, rented, or borrowed motorcycle or RV — you’re still covered under the Platinum Elite benefits.
- $10,000 theft/hit-and-run protection. Allstate will pay up to $10,000 to any witness who leads to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for the theft of your car or bodily injury due to a hit-and-run accident.
- $2,000 arrest bond certificate. If you’re detained due to certain moving traffic violations, Allstate can give you a hand towards paying the bond or other fees. But beware that certain terms and conditions apply towards these certificates depending on which state you’re in.
- $1,500 trip interruption benefit. In the case that your trip (where you’re over 100 miles from home) ends early due to a collision, Allstate will cover added expenses including meals, hotel stays and alternative transportation costs.
- 24/7 concierge service. Mapping out your next road trip and need help? Allstate’s concierge service has your back with customized routes, stopping points, and lodging along the way.
- My Autoexpert. Members-only access to a repair and referral guide for getting your car serviced.
- Free Carfax vehicle history reports. Receive detailed info if you’re buying or leasing a used car.
- $250 road hazard benefit. Did a pothole damage your car? Did glass ruin your tires? Allstate offers reimbursement for expenses caused by common road hazards.
- Travel savings. Receive savings on participating airlines, hotels, motels and rental car companies if you make advance reservations. Plus, Allstate offers new discounts and special offers throughout the year.
How to use your membership for roadside assistance
Allstate Motor Club members should download the Motor Club Mobile app. Here you can access your member benefits, including roadside assistance. Select your need from from the diagnostics guide, and the app will use your phone’s GPS to dispatch help.
3) Good Hands Rescue
Good Hands Rescue is a pay-per-use service. Only pay for the services you need, when you need them. Good Hands Rescue is open to everyone, not just Allstate customers, and help is available around the clock.
How to use Good Hands Rescue
Simply download the free app, and your phone’s GPS will allow Allstate to find your exact location and send the help you need. The app also provides an ETA and real-time updates. Prices start as low as $69 for non-towing services and $99 for towing.
Don’t wait until you’ve blown a tire or run out of gas. Consider getting towing insurance now so you’ll have the help you need, when you need it.