Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Alfa Romeo 4C insurance rates
Average Alfa Romeo 4C insurance rates
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Auto insurance for a 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C can be expensive. With a monthly average cost of about $197 – or $2,364 per year, you’ll be paying about $1,000 more than the national average of $1,318. However, your rate may change drastically depending on where you live, among many other factors. For example, the average annual cost of car insurance in Idaho is $1,053, which jumps to $2,201 if you were to live in Georgia.
Our top pick: Progressive
Get unlimited discounts and score a lower deductible every 6 months you don't make a claim.
- Top-rated insurer with 80 years of experience.
- Easy online sign-up and reporting.
- Multiple discounts available.
- Transparent quoting.
- Top-rated insurer
- Online quotes & claims
- Bundle and save
Compare insurance providers that cover Alfa Romeo 4C
Companies that offer coverage for Alfa Romeo 4C
State Farm.With over $50 billion in written premiums, State Farm is the largest insurance provider in the country. It offers a selection of auto insurance options and discounts suited for the Alpha Romeo 4C.
Nationwide.This mutual insurance provider offers a variety of auto insurance policies along with a rewards program & auto repair network. However, Nationwide auto insurance is not available in Alaska, Hawaii, Louisiana, or Massachusetts.
Liberty Mutual.This provider is home to an assortment of auto insurance options and discounts that make it a great choice for insuring the Alfa Romeo 4C. Its policies even include free roadside assistance.[/fin_hide]
How to compare insurance for the Alfa Romeo 4C
Comparing auto insurance for an Alfa Romeo 4C might feel like you’re going in circles. On the surface, providers and policies may seem no different from one another, making it tough to decide which policy is best for your vehicle. When comparing your options, here are a few factors you should take into consideration.
- Price. Price is an important consideration and it is best used as a tool to compare similar policies once you have determined what coverage you need.
- Deductible. Your deductible amount may have an effect on the cost of car insurance. Be sure to choose a deductible that won’t break the bank or increase your premiums beyond your budget.
- Minimum coverage. Regardless of the policy you choose, make sure your coverage meets state minimums.
- Additional coverage.If additional coverage is a priority for you, make sure to find a provider that offers the options you desire.
- Extras.Whether you need tire & rim coverage, accident forgiveness, or any other features make sure the provider you choose offers the extras you need.
- Restrictions. Depending on your policy and provider, there may be restrictions on your coverage. Make sure to be aware of them to avoid denied claims or reduced payouts.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Some manufacturers have partnerships with certain insurance providers and can provide special offers or discounts. Contact Alfa Romeo to find out if you’re eligible.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your warranty to avoid any overlaps in coverage between manufacturer and insurance provider.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Alfa Romeo 4C?
While your driving history, location, and other factors are important, the type of vehicle you drive significantly impacts the price you pay for insurance. Here’s how the Alfa Romeo 4C measures up.
- Body type. The Alfa Romeo 4C is a two-door sports car, which can often be more expensive to insure compared to sedans and SUVs. If you choose to go with the 4C Spider convertible, you may end up paying even more.
- Type of car. The 4C is a luxury performance sports car, which could be expensive to insure.
- Theft. While sedans are the most frequently stolen vehicle, sports cars are also targeted due to their value and appearance. This may impact the price of auto insurance.
- Repairs. Alfa Romeo vehicles aren’t as common as Ford, Honda, and other major manufacturers. This might make parts and service more expensive, increasing the cost of insurance.
- Safety ratings. Providers often consider safety ratings when calculating premiums. While the 4C isn’t unsafe by any means, its performance-oriented design may place a lower priority on safety features, which could increase the cost of auto insurance.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Options like fog lights, parking sensors or a larger engine can effect your car’s performance, which may impact your risk of getting into an accident. Because of this, the trim and packages you choose can influence the price you pay for car insurance.
Packages & accessories
- Bi-Xenon headlamps. This feature could increase visibility, reducing your chances of being in an accident. This decreased risk could lead to lower auto insurance premiums.
- Coupe track package 1 & 2. Among other features, both of these packages include race-tuned suspension, which improves handling and could, in turn, reduce your premiums.
- Coupe convenience group. The addition of this package’s cruise control, rear parking assist system and security alarm could help reduce your premiums.
- Brakes. Upgrading your brakes could provide better handling, which might reduce the cost of your monthly premiums.
Alfa Romeo 4C money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Alfa Romeo 4C if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
Does the Alfa Romeo 4C qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that should apply to the Alfa Romeo 4C:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
Why is insurance so high for the Alfa Romeo 4C?
This luxury car comes with a sporty feel and top-down option, both of which could spike your insurance rates. Factors that may affect the Romeo 4C’s above average premium:
- Higher ticket price. The Romeo 4C has a moderate price for a luxury sports car. However, driving it off the lot still costs more than sedans and family vans, making it more expensive to insure.
- Vehicle type. A sports car is an automatic reason for your insurance company to up your rate. That rate will further increase if you choose this car’s convertible option.
- Higher coverage. You might opt for extra coverage to protect your stylish ride, but more coverage does mean a higher price.
- Specialized parts. You may need special parts to repair your sports car that mechanics don’t keep on hand.
How reliable is the Alfa Romeo 4C?
According to cars.com, the 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C holds a perfect 5/5 rating for reliability. This may due in part to its lightweight construction that put less stress on individual components.
At the time of writing, there have been no active recalls on any of the Alfa Romeo 4C models.
Backpacking on the its excellent reliability ratings, there are almost no common issues with the 4C. However, according to an Alfa Romeo enthusiast forum, a very limited number of owners have faced transmission issues after heavy use.
How safe is the Alfa Romeo 4C?
The Alfa Romeo 4C is not mass-produced like many other common vehicles. This means that there isn’t enough crash test data to provide official safety ratings. However, the 4C does have a number of safety features that can mitigate damage in the event of a collision.
Alfa Romeo 4C maintenance
The Alfa Romeo 4C is a performance sports car that requires routine maintenance to ensure it operates at full capacity. From oil changes to mileage, here’s what to expect in terms of maintenance.
- Alfa Romeo recommends owners change their oil every 10,000 miles or 12 months. However, many owners report changing theirs every 4,000 miles or six months.
- An oil change for an Alfa Romeo 4C can cost between $100 and $400 depending on where you have it serviced./span>
- The 2018 Alfa Romeo 4C gets an average of 28 miles per gallon, with 24 in the city and 34 on the highway.
- While Alfa Romeo encourages owners to have their vehicles serviced at an official Alfa Romeo dealer, your warranty will remain in tact if you bring it elsewhere.
- The 2018 Alfa Romeo 4C and 4C spider come with a generic warranty that lasts for 50,000 miles or four years, whichever comes first.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Alfa Romeo 4C?
While the Alfa Romeo 4C comes with a standard four-year, 50-000 mile warranty, there are quite a few limitations. The following items are only covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles
- Wiper blades
- Clutch discs
- Rear window
- Wheel alignment
- Wheel balancing
Performance sports cars experience more wear and tear than most other vehicles. Maintenance can get expensive, making it important to ensure you have coverage from the manufacturer. While the standard warranty is quite comprehensive, an extended warranty can help prolong the life of your 4C. The addition of an extended warranty can also increase resale potential, as many buyers want a vehicle that has an active warranty.
About the Alfa Romeo 4C
The Alfa Romeo 4C has been around since 2013. The 4C model was the first mass-produced car to enter the United States by Alfa Romeo. The 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C are available in the Coupe and Spider base models.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for an Alfa Romeo 4C based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on a your driving history and location. If you’re considering an Alfa Romeo, grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before you commit. Do your research and see if you qualify for insurance discounts.
Compare Alfa Romeo competitors
If you’re in the market for an Alfa Romeo 4C but want to see what else is out there, you can explore other manufacturers to find similar options.
Insuring a 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C costs about $1,000 above the national average. However, the price you pay depends on your location, driving history, trim & packages, and many other factors. As always, it’s important to compare your options to find out which provider and policy is right for you.
Frequently asked questions about the Alfa Romeo 4C
Read more on this topic
Does car insurance cover PTSD after a car accident? How to make a car insurance claim for mental or emotional injuries after a car accident.
How to transfer your car registration in 5 basic steps Learn the basic steps for transferring your car registration from another state or previous car.
Grundy classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect your classic as well as your daily driver with steep liability coverage all on one policy.
J.C. Taylor classic car insurance review July 2020 Protect nearly any classic vehicle at least 19 years old with no-fuss, standard coverage.
How to get your claim paid without receipts No receipts? See how you can still get your insurance claim paid with different types of policies.
What is a combined single limit car insurance policy? This type of limit applies to liability coverage, but it’s most common with commercial car insurance.
Car insurance in no-fault vs. at-fault states How your state determines fault affects your claims settlement and insurance premiums.
Hagerty classic car insurance review July 2020 Hagerty sets the bar on wide classic car coverage with thousands of positive customer reviews to back it up.
How do I prevent keyless car theft? Keyless cars can be easy to steal with cheap tech, but are they stolen more often?
Ask an Expert