What sort of cruises does Captain Cook offer?
Captain Cook offers overnight, full-day and sunset cruises around Fiji. This review primarily relates to its overnight cruises — though you can still get a good sense of what to expect if you’re shopping for a shorter trip.
It also runs shorter day and evening cruises around the Sydney harbor off mainland Australia.
Captain Cook cruise ships
Captain Cook sails a fleet of small cruise ships with an intimate onboard atmosphere. Its M.V. Reef Endeavour caters to 130 overnight cruisers on board. Accommodations are neat and decorated in classic nautical blue and white hues — and all have an outdoor view. You can choose between the following room types, ranging from cheapest to priciest:
- Porthole cabins
- Ocean staterooms
- Connecting family staterooms
- Tabua suites
The M.V. Reef Endeavor has a pool on deck, along with two lounges, a sun deck, 24-hour tea and coffee facilities, a spa, Jacuzzi and mini gym.
All of Captain Cook‘s overnight cruises depart from Nadi, located on Fiji’s main island.
The Fiji branch of Captain Cook cruises operate solely around the islands in Fiji.
While Fiji is made up of over 300 islands, Captain Cook has itineraries that sail to the following ports:
- Vanua Balavu
What’s included on my Captain Cook cruise?
Here’s what’s included in your overnight Captain Cook Fiji cruise:
- All meals
- Onboard entertainment
- Water sports such as snorkeling
- Guided tours through each port
- Wi-Fi in public areas of the ship
You’ll pay extra for alcoholic beverages and specialty coffee and teas. Gratuities are not included in the fare, but the crew doesn’t expect them. So you can choose whether or not to tip, based on your experience.
Why you should (or shouldn’t) cruise with Captain Cook Cruises
Weigh the benefits and drawbacks before booking your fare:
- Excursions and guided tours are included.
- Authentic insight into Fiji culture and way of life
- Intimate onboard environment
- Crew has a reputation for being friendly and warm, according to online reviews.
- Great overall value compared to similar small-ship cruises
- Alcoholic beverages can be pricey due to high local tax.
- The Reef Endeavor can feel tired and outdated, according to online reviews
- Fewer onboard and late-night entertainment options than larger cruise lines
Still on the fence about Captain Cook Fiji cruises?
Frequently asked questions