- Learn more about how to apply for Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
How long will it take to get my Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card?
Due to its automated preapproval process, Capital One usually makes a decision within 60 seconds. In some cases, it may take up to 10 business days.
Upon approval, expect your card and welcome materials to arrive within seven to 10 business days.
- Signup bonus. Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 or more on purchases in the first 3 months of card membership. This is worth around $750 when redeemed through Capital One. But you may be able to increase the value of your miles by transferring them to programs from Capital One travel partners.
- TSA PreCheck credit. Get a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck when you pay for your application with your card. Typically, you’ll find this benefit in premium cards such as The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve®. Finding the perk in a mid-tier card like the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is a nice surprise, and it elevates an already solid product.
- 2x miles on all purchases. Earn unlimited 2 miles for every dollar spent on all purchases. While you will pay an annual fee for this card, this reward rate is good for a flat-rate structure. No-annual-fee cards often pay a lower rate — typically 1.5% on every dollar spent. The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card ensures you’ll always earn solid miles, no matter where you spend. This can be helpful if you don’t want to keep track of multiple reward tiers.
- Transfer miles to select partners. Transfer miles to around 15 of Capital One’s airline and hotel partners. These include Air Canada Aeroplan, Avianca LifeMiles, Emirates Skywards, Wyndham Rewards and more. These points largely transfer at a 1:1 ratio.
- No foreign transaction fees. When you travel abroad and you use your card, you won’t pay any fees. Other cards have up to a 3% fee for each foreign transaction.
- No penalty APR. Most cards come with a penalty APR of up to 30% when you make a single late or returned payment, and it can last indefinitely. But with this card, you’ll only pay a fee.
What credit score did you have when you were approved for this credit card?
Based on a survey of 27 people (out of 127 respondents) on finder.com
What interests you most about this credit card?
Back to top Based on a survey of 62 people (out of 127 respondents) on finder.com
|Features and benefits||32.26%|
- Annual fee. You’ll pay a $95 annual fee to use the card. This means you’ll need to spend $4,750 on everyday purchases to offset the annual fee.
- No intro APR period. This card has no intro APR period on purchases or balance transfers. If that’s what you’re looking for, consider an intro APR card.
Compare the Venture Card side-by-side with Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card and Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card.
Back to top
Apply for the card if you’re a US citizen or permanent resident of the US and you’re at least 18 years old.
You’ll need to fill out personal details, including your:
- Full name and contact information.
- Date of birth and Social Security number.
- Financial information, including employment and annual income.
During the application process, choose whether you want to make a balance transfer. Also, you may opt to receive further communications in Spanish if that’s your preferred language.
If you’re an existing or a previous cardholder, you may not be eligible for the signup bonus.
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher. An very good to excellent credit score of 740 or higher will greatly increase your chances of approval. A higher score will also land you with a lower APR and a better credit limit.Back to top
Most customers love the the flat 2% return they get on all purchases and they especially love the high credit line they received. The negative feedback revolves around the high APR that some customers received — but if you pay on time, this shouldn’t be a problem.
The Better Business Bureau has accredited Capital One with a rating of A- as of May 2023. However, it sports a 1.13 out of 5 when it comes to a customer rating from an average of nearly 500 reviews. It fares little better on Trustpilot, earning a 1.3 rating out of 5 as of May 2023.
Back to top
- Download the Capital One Mobile app. Use it to pay your bills or send money to friends and family. Also, monitor your card activity or redeem rewards through the app.
- Pay on time. Try to pay your balance by your due date — a minimum of 25 days after the close of each billing cycle — to avoid paying late fees and interest.
- Customer service. Call Capital One customer service at 800-227-4825 if you have any questions.
Back to top
How can I redeem the miles I earn?
- Redeem for travel. Log on to your Capital One account or call the rewards center to book your flight, hotel or car rental with your miles. For travel booking, 100 miles are worth $1.
- Non-travel redemption. You’re not limited to using miles on travel purchases: Get cash back in the form of a check or statement credit, merchandise or gift cards as well. For non-travel redemption, the value of your miles may vary.
The best reason to get the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is its solid reward rate on every purchase. This is ideal if you don’t want to deal with multiple reward tiers for different categories and prefer to keep things simple.
At the same time, you’ll want to watch out for the $95 annual fee, which will effectively reduce the rewards you earn. Additionally, while mile transfers are a nice touch, the transfer ratios can be a drag.
As a rule of thumb, consider this card if you plan on spending $10,000 or more on it. This will easily let you offset your annual fee with your rewards, and give you comfortable mile earnings on top of that.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Check out other travel rewards cards and compare your options before deciding which card to pick.Back to top
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.
Learn the details of our methodology and scoring.
Images: Capital One