Capital on Tap Business Credit Card review
A simple, flexible business card with an opt-in rewards bonus.
- Get this card if you want a straightforward flat-rate business card with a potentially high credit limit.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR or bigger rewards on your purchases.
- Apply with a good credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 1%
9.99% to 34.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
The card otherwise has a set of features you’d expect from a business card, including up to 20 free supplementary business cards, spend management tools and a credit limit ranging from $1,000 to $50,000. The pain points include the card’s APR, which ranges from a 9.99% to a 34.99% variable. This is an enormous top-end APR for a credit card and can making carrying a balance a non-option if you end up with an APR this high.
For a business card with no annual fee, this is a perfectly adequate business card, and likely the better choice than the premium option (there are better premium options available). If you’re looking for a simple, cheap business card with a potentially big credit limit, the Capital on Tap Business Credit Card is certainly worth a look.
How to apply for the Capital on Tap Business Credit Card
You can apply for the Capital on Tap Business Credit Card by doing the following:
- Go to the provider's site and click Apply now.
- Click on Business credit cards at the top of the page.
- Click on Sign up for free or Get business rewards.
- Fill out the requested personal and business information, click on the boxes and click Submit.
To apply you’ll need to have a US registered company with more than three months trading history and an annual turnover of at least $30,000.
What credit score do I need?
To qualify for the Capital on Tap Business Credit Card, you’ll need a good credit score of 670 or higher.
Capital on Tap Business Credit Card benefits
- Flexible annual fee. You can choose to pay no annual fee or a $0 annual fee to receive additional benefits.
- Flexible rewards structure. If you choose not to pay an annual fee, you’ll earn 1% cash back on all purchases. Paying the annual fee, on the other hand, earns you 2% cash back on all purchases.
- Flexible welcome offer. Likewise, you can choose to earn $50 after spending $5,000 in your first 3 months or $199 after you spend $15,000 in your first 3 months, depending on whether you want to pay an annual fee.
- Employee cards. You can have up to 20 additional business cards at no cost.
- Spend management tools. Capital on Tap provides several finance management tools to help monitor employee spending.
What to watch out for
- Potentially high APR. The APR on this card ranges from 9.99% to 34.99% variable, which is much higher than the industry standard.
- Only two payment options. You must either choose to pay your balance in full each month, or at least 10% of the minimum.
What do customers say about the Capital on Tap Business Credit Card?
As of September 2021, Trustpilot reviews of Capital on Tap give the company a rating of 4.8 out of 5. Customer reviews commend the simplicity of the app and the excellent customer service. The company is not yet accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Compare business credit cards
The Capital on Tap Business Credit Card is a simple and effective credit card for getting rewards on business purchases. However, there are many better business credit cards on the market that offer similar or better rewards and features for similar costs. If you’re looking for more specific features or rewards, you can compare all business card options to find the one for you.