You might get financing for your business — even with poor credit. But look out for daily repayments.
If you’re looking to expand your company’s real estate, bring on new employees or take advantage of a time-sensitive inventory sale, a short-term business loan could help you finance your next milestone without long-term debt.
We review just one of your loan options with online short-term loan provider CAN Capital.
|Product Name||CAN Capital business loan|
|Min Loan Amount||$2,500|
|Max. Loan Amount||$250,000|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Minimum Loan Term||.5 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||1.5 years|
- Business must be in business at least 2+ months
- Earn $150,000 in gross revenue
- Have less than $175,000 in outstanding tax liens
- No bankruptcy claims in the past year
- Must provide three months of bank or credit card statements
- Must provide a business tax return
Do I qualify?
CAN Capital requires you to meet four points of eligibility for its small business loan:
- Your business must be at least two months old.
- Your must bring in at $150,000 in gross revenue.
- Any outstanding tax liens must be under $175,000.
- You must not have declared bankruptcy claims in the past year.
What is CAN Capital?
Founded in 1998, CAN Capital offers financial products to small businesses in the form of term loans and merchant cash advances. It provides more than $6.5 billion in working capital to over 185,000 small businesses across the US.
What makes a CAN Capital business loan unique?
Traditional financial institutions often impose strict eligibility requirements on their borrowers. Applications can be difficult and tedious, and even if you’re approved, it can be several weeks before you’re able to access your funds.
CAN Capital provides a refreshing alternative to big-bank loans. You can allocate your working capital with no restrictions. Its qualifications for borrower are less stringent than other providers’, and your approved loan funds are often deposited in your account in as little as 48 hours.
What are the benefits of a CAN Capital business loan?
Faster processing and fewer restrictions are just a few of what you’ll find with CAN Capital.
- Lenient eligibility criteria. CAN Capital accepts applicants with credit scores as low as 550, welcoming startups and new business owners to boot.
6% early repayment discount. CAN Capital has no prepayment fees to speak of. In fact, it offers its borrowers a 6% discount for paying off their loan early.
- Fast turnaround. Complete an online application to receive a quote from CAN Capital. Submit your loan approval and supporting documentation, and you could get your money as little as 48 hours.
What to watch out for
CAN Capital offers options to small businesses that might not qualify for a loan elsewhere. But with a few potential drawbacks you should consider before you apply.
- Requires daily repayments. This is a biggie: CAN Capital requires automatic fixed daily repayments for its loans, which can seriously eat into your cash flow — especially if it’s scant.
- Lack of transparency. CAN Capital doesn’t advertise its interest rates or APRs online. You get those later in the application process.
- Short repayment terms. Your maximum term with CAN Capital is 18 months — which isn’t very long. If you’re looking for a longer repayment period, consider another provider.
- Small caps on restricted loans. CAN Capital caps its loans at $150,000 for one location and up to $250,000 for multiple locations. And you cannot use its loans for real estate
Compare CAN Capital to other business lenders
Am I eligible?
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a loan with CAN Capital:
- Your business must be at least two months old.
- Your business must have a total gross revenue of at least $150,000.
- Your business must have less than $175,000 in outstanding tax liens.
- You must have no bankruptcy claims in the past year.
How do I apply?
We looked everywhere on CAN Capital’s site for a prescreening questionnaire or application and didn’t find an online form. Which means you’re best bet at this point is calling customer support at 1-877-550-4731.
What documents do I need to apply?
Make sure you have the following documentation ready before you apply:
- Your Social Security number and Tax Identification Number.
- Three months of bank or credit card statements.
- Your business’s tax return.
- A personal guarantee and, in some cases, a second guarantor.
I got the CAN Capital business loan. Now what?
- Use your funds. As long as you don’t use them for real estate, CAN Capital imposes no restrictions on how you use your funds. Determine the most effective way to allocate your working capital and make the most of your financing.
- Keep up with payments. CAN Capital loan payments are withdrawn daily. If you’re having trouble keeping up, contact your CAN account manager as soon as possible to discuss alternative payment options.
CAN Capital offers loan products to small business owners who might not qualify for a loan with a more traditional provider. Its eligibility criteria is more forgiving than most, its loan sizes and terms are limited. But you’ll want to plan for short terms and daily repayments.