Cameron Mutual car insurance review
Enjoy in-person support from knowledgeable, local agents
- Get a quote if you want perks from a local mutual company.
- Pick something else if you like to manage your account online.
- Drivers in Missouri, Arkansas and Iowa can sign up for coverage.
New car protection
|States served||Arkansas, Iowa, Missouri|
|Pay schedule||12 months, 6 months|
|Claims methods||online, in-person|
|New car protection||No|
- Policyholders have a voice
- Local, in-person support
- Multiple discounts
- Only available in Arkansas, Iowa and Missouri
- No mobile app
- No online account management
- Limited online information
|Anti-theft device discount||Yes|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||Yes|
|Safety device discount||Yes|
|Special employment discount||No|
|Temporary & short term coverage||No|
What car insurance coverage does Cameron Mutual offer?
Cameron offers the standard coverage of liability, collision and comprehensive. Exact specifics and coverage limits vary from each independent insurance agent, so it’s best to contact your local agent for specifics and add-ons.
- Bodily injury. Covers injuries to others in the case of an at-fault accident. Choose up to a maximum of $250,000 in bodily injury coverage per person and $500,000 per accident.
- Property damage. Covers damage to other vehicles or property for an at-fault accident.
- Collision. Covers damage to your vehicle when you cause an accident
- Comprehensive. Covers damage to your vehicle caused by anything other than an accident, such as fire, hail, flooding and more.
- Medical payments. Covers injuries to you or your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage. Covers medical expenses if you’re injured by a motorist without liability insurance or limited coverage.
What discounts can I get with Cameron Mutual?
- Safe driver rewards for loyal customers. You could be eligible for a discount of up to 20% for good driving habits
- Multi-car discount. When you insure more than one vehicle with Cameron, you save on each vehicle.
- Companion policy discount. Insure your home and personal auto with Cameron and you can get a 14% discount on homeowner premiums and 15% off auto premiums.
- Passive restraint discount. If your car has qualifying safety features, you can save money on your medical pay premium.
- Good student discount. Full-time students who meet certain criteria can earn a discount on their premiums.
Pros and cons of Cameron car insurance
- Policyholders have a voice. As a mutual insurance company with no shareholders, policyholders have the right to know the company is acting in their best interests.
- In-person support. Products and services are bought and managed through a network of knowledgeable, independent agents.
- Multiple discounts available. A standard selection of discounts are available, allowing a person to save big on their auto insurance policy.
- Limited reach. Cameron Mutual only provides service in Missouri, Arkansas and Iowa.
- No mobile app. No mobile app makes it difficult to manage a policy on the go.
- Little online access. Policies are managed by local agents. There isn’t an option to manage your policy and change details — all you can do is pay your bill online.
- Limited online information. Finding out details about insurance products and services can be tough when visiting the Cameron Mutual site. To get further details, you have to contact a local agent, which means more of your time spent researching.
Compare car insurance providers
What do customers say about Cameron Mutual?
Cameron Mutual is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but it does have a stellar A+ rating. Only one customer complaint was placed with the BBB about Cameron. Cameron doesn’t have a presence on Trustpilot.
According to many online reviews, customer service with Cameron Mutual is generally poor. The reviews focus on issue with claims, including claims being undervalued or drawn out into a long process. Some customers also complain about being hung up on or sent to an answering machine when calling in about an issue.
Keep in mind that negative reviews are common across most insurance providers. Consider customer opinions as you do your own research to make the best decision for you.
How to apply for Cameron Mutual car insurance
Unfortunately, you can’t apply for a policy or get a free quote online. You’ll need to call a local agent.
What info do I need to apply?
To get a free quote, you will need your driver’s license, contact information and vehicle identification number (VIN).
How do I find a Cameron Mutual agent near me?
- Go to the Cameron Mutual website and click Find an Agent in the top menu.
- Enter your address and click Search.
- A list of local agents will appear. Contact the one most convenient for you to get a free quote.
How to make a claim
If you’re in an accident, you can make a claim by contacting your local agent or starting the claims process online.
Contact your agent
Your local agent’s name, address and phone number is listed on your policy documents and auto insurance ID cards.
- Contact your insurance agent. Get in touch with your insurance agent to let them know what happened. Your insurance agent can help you figure out the next steps and forms you will need to fill out.
- Contact the Cameron Mutual claims office. Contact the Cameron Mutual claims office at 816-832-6511 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT during weekdays. After hours, you can get in touch at 877-226-4577 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Give any needed information. This includes the vehicle information, driver information and insurance information for all parties involved.
After getting in contact with your agent and Cameron’s claims office, claims can take around 10 business days to process.
Report your claim online
- Go to Cameron Mutual’s website and in the top navigation bar, click My Cameron.
- Click Report a Claim in the dropdown menu.
- Under Report Your Claim Online, select Click Here.
- Provide information about your claim, including your policy details, the date the incident occurred and contact information for all parties involved.
- A Cameron Mutual agent will follow up with you to walk you through the next steps in the process.
How to contact Cameron Mutual
- By phone. Call 800-326-6511 from 8 am to 4:30 pm CT Monday through Friday.
- By mail. Post any letters to:
- Cameron Mutual
- 214 McElwain Drive
- Cameron, MO 64429
- For general information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For billing and payment information.Email email@example.com.
Want an auto insurance provider who acts in your best interest and offers personal service? Cameron Mutual could be an option, with its large network of independent agents in Missouri, Arkansas and Iowa to help you get covered.
If you’re looking for online support or transparent policy information, consider alternatives to Cameron. Compare your car insurance options to find the best one for you.