3 Months Fee-Free Transfers
Wise is an online money transfer specialist aiming to disrupt the industry, offering the exact exchange rate you can see on Google. This is unique among money transfer companies and banks, which normally add a percentage on top of the exchange rate as an extra fee.
If you’re looking at Wise for the next time you send money overseas, check out what promo codes are available below.
Wise discount codes and coupons
We don’t have any active promo codes for Wise at the moment. Check back regularly or take advantage of another money transfer offer instead.
How do I use my Wise discount code?
Use your promo code for a discount on Wise international money transfer fees.
- Click “Get deal”.
- You’ll be taken to Wise’s website.
- Create an account.
- Set up your transfer and receive your discount.
Wise pros and cons
- Easy to use. Wise’s site is user-friendly and transparent with the fees clearly visible.
- Offers the mid-market rate. You won’t be able to find a better exchange rate than the one offered by Wise.
- No minimum transfer amount. This makes it well-suited to smaller transfers that other providers might not allow.
- Bank transfers only. Funds are sent to your recipient’s bank account, with no option for cash pickups.
- Limited number of currencies. Wise is great for the more popular currencies, but for the less popular currencies, you may need to use another company.
How do Wise money transfers work?
- Choose your currencies. Begin the transfer process by selecting the currency you are using (e.g. AUD) and the currency your recipient will receive from a drop-down menu.
- Submit your recipient’s information. Enter their personal and financial details, including their bank’s IBAN number.
- Enter your payment info. Confirm the details of your transfer and your payment method.
- Send your money to Wise. You’ll be given Wise’s account details.
- Your recipient will receive the money. Your transfer will be deposited into your recipient’s bank account.
What forms of payment does Wise accept?
If you live in Australia, you can use any of these payment methods with Wise:
- Debit or credit card. Card payments reach Wise immediately.
- Bank transfer. You’ll need to allow for at least three business days for your bank funds to reach Wise, depending on the currency.
Your funds are deposited directly into your recipient’s bank account once Wise receives your payment.
What is Wise’s refund policy?
If you cancel your transfer after you’ve paid Wise but before your funds are delivered to your recipient, Wise will refund your full amount. Simply reach out to Wise as soon as possible to initiate your cancellation and refund.
See what your transfer could look like with Wise
More guides on Finder
Business bank accounts for non-Canadian residents
Foreign businesses can manage Canadian funds with a multicurrency spending account offered by an international transfer service.
How to transfer large sums of money
Wondering how to send large sums of money overseas? Compare bank transfers, money transfer services, bitcoin and more.
Simplii Global Money Transfer review
Enjoy zero transfer fees and a special signup offer when you send a Simplii Global Money Transfer.
Sites like Remitly
Browse money transfer services like Remitly to see if you can send send money overseas faster and cheaper.
RemitBee international money transfers and FX review
Thinking of using Remitbee? See how it stacks up against the competition in our review of its fees, exchange rate, sign up process and safety.
Best international money transfer apps
We compare the best international money transfer services available in Canada to help you find the best money transfer app for your needs.
How much money can I send to India from Canada?
Find out about tax on sending money from Canada to India, maximum transfer limits and more.
Tax guidelines and regulations for large money transfers into Canada
The CRA won’t hit you with taxes for receiving funds from overseas—as long as it’s a gift.
How much are wire transfer fees in Canada?
Expect a wire transfer fee of $15-$50 or more for bank wire transfers—but you could pay less with an online money transfer service.
Pay overseas bills with an international money transfer
Find an affordable and easy way to manage your overseas bill payments with international money transfers.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.