Your detailed guide to the Currencies Direct Multi-Currency Account for online sellers, including exchange rates, fees, supported currencies and security. Read more…
Western Union Deals and Coupons December 2019
Why pay more than you have to? Get a discount on Western Union transfer fees using our promo codes.
Western Union is a virtual ninja when it comes to global payment services, with a whopping 550,000+ agent locations and 100,000 ATMs and kiosks in over 200 countries around the world. Send convenient, secure and affordable money transfers overseas online, through the WU mobile app or in person. Use our Western Union promo code to get a discount on transfer fees.
Western Union discount codes and coupons
What services does Western Union offer?
The availability of Western Union services depends on the country you are sending the money from, as well as the amount and the destination country. Depending on these factors, you may have the following options available to you:
- Cash pick-up. With around 550,000 agent locations worldwide, Western Union can send cash to almost 200 countries around the world. Simply pay for your transfer in person at a branch in Canada or pay online using a debit or credit card. Your recipient can then collect funds in person just minutes after your transfer is processed.
- Bank account transfers. Western Union allows you to carry out bank-to-bank transfers, which means you can send money directly into your recipient’s bank account after paying with your debit or credit card.
- Mobile money. If your recipient has a mobile wallet account, Western Union offers mobile money transfers. This service is available in a limited number of countries and maximum transfer amounts apply.
What currencies can I trade with Western Union?
You can trade a wide variety of currencies with Western Union. While you can send money to over 180 different countries and territories worldwide, this doesn’t mean all currencies are supported. If you’re looking to send a more exotic currency overseas, you may need to send cash in a more globally accepted currency, like USD or EUR, which your recipient can then exchange into the local currency on the ground. Western Union supports a number of major currencies, in addition to hundreds of exotic currencies.
- US dollar
- Canadian dollar
- Australian dollar
- British pound
- Hong Kong dollar
- Singapore dollar
- Chinese yuan renminbi
- Japanese yen
- Phillippine peso
- Mexican peso
- New Zealand dollar
- Indian rupee
Western Union provides a viable option if you’re looking to send money overseas quickly, but make sure to compare between three and four money transfer services to make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck!
You may also be interested in
Western Union Review | Pros and Cons
- Variety of collection options. Western Union offers bank account deposits, cash pick-up at a Western Union agent and mobile money transfers.
- Availability. Funds can be available within just minutes of the transfer being lodged when you make a Western Union cash transfer.
- Thousands of Western Union agents. Western Union has half a million agents worldwide. Wherever you are, a Western Union agent is never too far away.
- Transfer fees. Western Union money transfer fees can be higher than other international money transfer providers. Western Union fees vary depending on how the money is sent and received. There is a higher price for convenience.
How can I get free transfers with Western Union?
Western Union charges transfer fees when you send money within Canada and overseas. Use one of our Western Union promo codes to get a discount on your Western Union money transfer. The fee for your money transfer will depend on where you’re sending the funds, how they’re being sent/received and how you’ll pay for the transaction.
How do Western Union transfers work?
Western Union lets you send money to bank accounts in Canada and overseas, and you can send money so funds can be collected in person at a Western Union agent, as well as directly to a bank account or as a mobile transfer. Western Union lets you pay for the transfer using your debit or credit card or you can pay in cash at your nearest Western Union branch location. Keep in mind the payment and collection methods will vary depending on where you’re sending the money.
What forms of payment does Western Union accept?
You can pay for your Western Union money transfer using the following methods:
- Cash in person. Pay cash at a Western Union agent to send the money in person.
- Credit or debit card. Enter your debit or credit card details to make an online payment when you opt to send money from the Western Union website. You can also pay with a credit or debit card at a Western Union agent in person.
What is the Western Union refund policy?
If you send money online through the Western Union website, you can cancel your Western Union transfer as long as the money has not yet been deposited into your recipient’s bank account. Transfers can be instant in some instances, so be sure to contact the Western Union customer service team as soon as possible if you wish to cancel an online transfer. Once the funds have been collected by your recipient, you’re not eligible for a refund.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.