Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to set up Disney+ on Android TV
Disney's new streaming service is here. Here's how you can watch it on your Android TV.
Disney’s new streaming service Disney+ isn’t just for smartphones, tablets and computers. There’s an entire generation of TVs that can run the latest streaming service without the need for a Chromecast or Apple TV.
Step 1. Download the Disney+ app
If your TV supports Disney+, the app will be available through the Google Play store. Disney says that its service works with an Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or newer operating system, although there are reports that it’s not working on some devices.
Launch the Google Play store on your Android TV device and search for the Disney+ app. Once you’ve found the app, click “Install”.
Once the app is installed you can launch it. If you’ve already created a Disney+ account, you can log in right away and head straight to Step 3.
Step 2. Create a Disney+ account on your Android TV
If you haven’t already set up an account, you can do so from a web browser. Alternatively, you can sign up directly from the app. Here’s how:
- Open the Disney+ app and tap on Start free trial.
- Enter your email address. If you don’t want to receive promotional e-mails from Disney+, make sure to uncheck the checkmark from the box below the email field.
- Review the terms and tap Agree and Continue if all sounds good
- Create a password. Make sure it’s a strong one.
- Select a billing option – monthly or yearly. As long as you cancel before the free trial is up, you won’t be billed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm your subscription. Since you’re signing up via Android, your subscription will be connected to your Google Play account. Select your preferred payment method and confirm.
If you’re not ready to commit, you can try Disney+’s 7-day free trial first. After that, you can fully subscribe for $11.99 per month, or, if you’re really committed to Disney+, you can sign up for a whole year for $119.99. Take a look at our full review if you want to find out more.
Note: if you want to end your subscription before the trial is up, you can open the Play Stop, go to Subscriptions from the main menu, tap Disney+, and select Cancel subscription.
Step 3. Log in and watch from your Android TV
Once your account is set up, log in through the Android TV app and start browsing Disney+’s extensive library, which features classic and reimagined Disney hits, movies from Pixar, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, new and old Star Wars and documentaries from National Geographic.
Image Source: Disney+ website
- The 14 best shows on Disney Plus Star Canada
- Disney+ price rise: Save $30 before the subscription hike hits Canada
- Disney+ Star Canada: Full list of movies and TV shows
- How to watch Disney’s Mulan live-action remake live in Canada
- Where to watch Frozen 2 online in Canada
- The 20 best superhero movies you need to watch on Disney+
More guides on Finder
Everything new and leaving Amazon Prime Video Canada in July 2021
Several eye-catching titles are coming to Prime Video this month.
The 14 best shows on Disney Plus Star Canada
The Disney+ streaming service is welcoming a healthy influx of TV shows.
Disney+ price rise: Save $30 before the subscription hike hits Canada
With the addition of a new channel to Disney+, prices are about to rise. This is how you can save money on a subscription.
How to cut the cost of sending money overseas in 2021
SPONSORED: Fee-free services and special offers can help you save on your next international money transfer.
Disney+ Star Canada: Full list of movies and TV shows
Every TV show and movie launching on the new Disney+ Star channel.
What is MyWallSt and is it available in Canada?
This investment research app is a great tool for beginner investors in the US. But can you use MyWallSt if you live in Canada?
How to stream boxing live online in Canada
Never miss your favourite fights with these options for streaming boxing live in Canada.
How to watch the 2020 AFL Grand Final overseas
Famous clubs Richmond and Geelong clash in the 2020 AFL Grand Final. This is how you can watch overseas.
How to watch the 2020 NRL Grand Final from overseas
The Melbourne Storm take on the Penrith Panthers in the 2020 NRL Grand Final. Here’s how you can watch overseas.
Lids discounts and coupons July 2021 | 25% off orders over $49
Lids brings you merchandise and gear from all your favourite sports teams, movies, and TV sets. You will love the great variety!
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.