VMedia Internet Review
Sign up for an affordable high-speed Internet plan with this reputable telecom company.
All of VMedia’s Internet plans come with unlimited data, so you’ll never have to pay data overage charges.
Are you looking for an inexpensive Internet plan? VMedia is a budget Internet provider that offers its services across Canada. It provides plans from 6 Mbps to 300 Mbps with prices that vary depending on where you’re located. You won’t need to worry about signing a contract and you can cancel at any time for no extra fee.
Get more info about how you can benefit from VMedia Internet and learn what you need to do to sign up for an account today.
- Speed. Ranges from 6 Mbps to 300 Mbps
- Starting price. Starts from $29.95 per month plus taxes, depending on what province you live in.
- Minimum contract. All plans are on a month-to-month basis and there are no minimum contracts.
- Offers. You can bundle your VMedia Internet with your TV to save money on the combined value of your services.
What is VMedia?
VMedia is a reputable Internet provider that offers cable, DSL and FTTN services across Canada. It provides a number of budget Internet plans with download speeds ranging from 6 Mbps to 300 Mbps.
Prices go up to $78.95 per month, depending on how fast you want your Internet to be. You’ll also be able to qualify for a discount in your first couple of months with some plans.
What plans does VMedia offer?
You can take out a number of different plans with VMedia, depending on how fast you want your Internet to be. All of VMedia’s plans come with unlimited data, so you don’t need to worry about data coverage charges.
The prices outlined below are the prices and Internet plans that are available in Ontario. You may have to pay more money for the same plans, depending on where you’re located.
Cable Internet plans
- DSL 6 Unlimited plan. This plan is suitable for small households and recommended for 1-2 users. It costs $29.95 and comes with one month free right now.
- FTTN 15 Unlimited plan. This plan is suitable for small households and light Internet use. It costs $43.95 and also comes with one month free right now.
- FTTN 25 Unlimited plan.This plan is a good fit if you have a two- to three-person household. It costs $44.95 and comes with one month free.
- Cable 40 Unlimited plan.This plan is also a good fit for two or three people. It costs $48.95 per month (or $29.95 per month in your first 2 months).
- Cable 60 Unlimited plan. You'll get the most out of this plan if you have three to four people in your house. It costs $58.95 per month and comes with unlimited data or $35.95 a month for the first two months.
- Cable 120 Unlimited plan. This is a real step up from the 60 Mbps plan and is recommended for up to 4 users. It costs $76.95 per month but comes with a discount in your first 2 months.
- 300 Mbps plan. This is the fastest Internet plan that VMedia offers and isn't available in all markets.
FTTN Internet plans
VMedia offers FTTN (Fibre to the Node) plans between 6 Mbps and 150Mbps. The prices for FTTN plans are similar to the prices on offer by VMedia for its cable plans.
DSL Internet plans
There are a number of DSL plans that VMedia offers across Canada. These plans come with fairly slow speeds and you’ll need a home phone line to make a connection.
Why am I seeing a different price on the website?
The prices outlined above are set in Ontario. Your pricing and plan availability may be different if you live in a different province. This is because every province will have its own pricing as well as different speeds and Internet packages. The above information is just meant to give you a general idea of what to expect when you sign up with VMedia.
Does VMedia allow bundling?
VMedia will give you the chance to bundle your VMedia Internet with your TV to save money. You may also be able to lower the cost of your home phone if you decide to throw it into the mix. Some packages may even offer free TV for a limited time when you sign up for VMedia Internet.
What other features should I know about?
VMedia offers a number of exclusive features on all of its Internet packages to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
- Unlimited data. All of VMedia’s Internet plans come with unlimited data, so you’ll never have to pay data overage charges.
- Wide selection of plans. You can choose from cable, DSL and FTTN Internet plans, depending on your preferences.
- Special discounts. You’ll be able to take advantage of special offers in some provinces, such as promotional rebates or your first month free.
- Online account. You can keep track of your outstanding bills and monitor your Internet use with your VMedia account.
- No commitment. You won’t have to sign up for a long-term contract to take advantage of VMedia’s Internet services.
What to watch out for
- Modem rental fees.It will cost you a flat one-time fee of between $74.95 and $110 to rent your modem. Often, VMedia has promotions for free modem rentals.
- Taxes are extra. You’ll have to factor the cost of taxes into your monthly bill since they aren’t reflected in the advertised price of VMedia Internet.
- Fees for installation.There’s a $49.95 fee to activate your service and to get a technician to come out and install your modem.
- Limited plan availability. You may only have access to certain plans in some provinces, while others may not be available to you depending on where you live.
How do I sign up with VMedia?
- Go to the VMedia Internet sign-up page.
- Fill in your address to find out what services VMedia offers in your location.
- Complete your application with personal details that include your name, email address and birth date.
- Review and submit your application and wait to hear from VMedia about your eligibility.
- Once you’re approved, sign up for a VMedia My Account to manage your bills online and pay for your VMedia Internet.
VMedia is a top-rated Internet provider that offers high-speed Internet to provinces across Canada. Plans start at $29.95 per month (with discounts applied) and go up to $78.95, depending on where you live. You won’t have to sign up for a long-term contract to get started and there are no hidden fees. Find out more about what you need to do to sign up for an account today.