This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Videotron Internet Review
Lock in high-speed Internet with this reputable Quebec-based telecom company.
Do you want to switch Internet providers or lower your monthly bills? Videotron is a budget Internet provider that offers its Helix Internet services to residents of Quebec. Its fastest plan provides speeds up to 400Mbps and costs only $65 per month on a 2-year contract The only downfall of this service is that you won’t be able to access it in most parts of Canada.
Get more info about how you can benefit from Videotron Internet and learn what you need to do to sign up for an account today.
- Speed. Ranges from 15Mbps to 400Mbps.
- Starting price. Starts from $52 per month plus taxes, depending on what speed you want.
- Minimum contract. You’ll need to take out a minimum two-year contract.
- Offers. You can bundle your Helix TV and Videotron Internet to save money on the combined value of your services.
What is Videotron?
Videotron is a well-known Internet provider that provides high-speed Internet to residents of Quebec. It offers a number of popular Internet plans with download speeds ranging from 15Mbps to 400Mbps Prices sit between $52 and $65 per month, and you’ll get better value for your money if you choose a faster plan.
What plans does Videotron offer?
Videotron offers a number of different plans with either unlimited data or data caps to limit how much data you can use each month. All of these plans come on a two-year contract and prices are listed without taxes.
Plans with data caps
- 15Mbps plan. This plan is suitable for small households and light Internet use. It costs $55 and comes with a data cap of 100GB per month.
- 30Mbps plan. You'll get faster download speeds with this plan. It costs $62 per month and gives you 150GB of data per month.
Plans with unlimited data
- 60Mbps plan. This plan is a good fit for large households and heavy Internet use. It costs $52 per month and offers unlimited data.
- 100Mbps plan.This plan costs $60 per month (which is the same as the 400Mbps plan). It lets you stream and download content on multiple devices.
- 400Mbps plan.This is the fastest Videotron Internet plan on offer. It costs $65 per month and lets you stream and play games in high definition.
Does Videotron allow bundling?
Videotron will give you the chance to bundle your Videotron Internet with your Helix TV to save money. It has a number of different packages on offer, and you can customize your Internet speeds to match the number of channels you want. You may also be able to lower the cost of your home phone if you decide to throw it into the mix.
What other features should I know about?
Videotron offers a number of exclusive features on all of its Internet packages to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
- Unlimited data. You’ll be able to choose unlimited data for most high-speed plans if you plan to stream or download a significant amount of content.
- Full-house coverage.You can pay an additional $9 per month to rent Wi-Fi pods to extend your coverage into dead spots in your house.
- Free Videotron Helix Fi Wi-Fi app. You can download the free Helix Fi app on Google Play or the App Store to conveniently manage your modem and network access.
- Online account. Keep track of your outstanding bills and monitor your Internet use with Videotron’s easy-to-use My Account portal.
What to watch out for
- Only available in Quebec. Videotron Internet plans are currently only available in Quebec.
- No month-to-month contracts. You’ll have to sign onto a minimum contract of two years to be able to take advantage of Videotron Internet and Helix Internet.
- Modem rental fees. It will cost you a flat one-time fee of $240 or a monthly fee of $10 over 24 months to pay for your modem, however you’ll own it after that.
- Taxes are extra. You’ll have to factor the cost of taxes into your monthly bill since they aren’t reflected in the advertised price of Videotron Internet.
- Fees for installation. There’s a fee to activate your service and get a technician to come out and install your modem.
How do I sign up with Videotron?
- Click “Go to Site” on this page to be securely directed to the Videotron Internet sign-up page.
- Fill in your address to find out what services Videotron offers in your location.
- Complete your application with personal details that include your name, email address and birth date.
- Review and submit your application and wait to hear from Videotron about your eligibility.
- Once you’re approved, sign up for a Videotron My Account to manage your bills online and pay for your Videotron Internet.
Videotron is a reputable Internet provider that offers high-speed Internet to residents of Quebec.
Plans start at $52 per month plus taxes and go up from there, depending on how fast you want your Internet to be. All contracts are a minimum of two years long, and you’ll have to pay additional fees to activate your service and rent your modem.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
CIBC Smart for Seniors Account review
Seniors seeking a flexible chequing account to suit their varying spending needs will benefit from the CIBC Smart for Seniors account.
Brim World Mastercard review
Enjoy comprehensive travel and mobile phone insurance, and earn more rewards when you shop for deals in the Brim Marketplace.
Scotiabank Money Master Savings Account Review
Earn interest on your savings and get free Scotiabank transfers when you sign up for this fee-free account.
How to buy Ant Group stock in Canada
Canadian investors may need to get creative to back this highly anticipated Chinese IPO.
BMO Performance Chequing Account review
Get unlimited transactions and a generous welcome bonus when you sign up for this mid-level chequing account.
TD Every Day Chequing Account Review
Enjoy 25 free transactions and a handful of other banking perks for a reasonable monthly fee with this mid-level chequing account.
BMO Smart Saver Account Review
Enjoy a decent interest rate and get free BMO transfers when you sign up for this fee-free account.
TD Minimum Chequing Account review
Pay a low monthly fee to get 12 free transactions with this basic chequing account.
TD U.S. Daily Interest Chequing Account review
Earn interest on the balance you hold in US dollars with this cross-border chequing account.
TD Unlimited Chequing Account review
Get unlimited free transactions and a number of premium benefits with this high-end chequing account.