Valentine’s Day in Vancouver is filled with exciting activities at home and around the city.
Whether you’re planning a first date or have been happily married for what seems like a lifetime, we’ve rustled up a stack of date ideas and activities to spice up your celebration on 14 February.
- Check out the Catherine Babault portrait exhibition. Hosted by Le Centre Cultural Francophone de Vancouver, admire Babault’s beautifully detailed landscape and nature portraits.
- Attend LunaFest. This year Valentine’s Day falls days after Lunar New Year. With celebrations running all weekend long you can spend your day of love filled with a cultural program of visual arts, ballet performances, lantern workshops and more.
- WMF Winter Arts. Taking an interactive approach to art in the city the Vancouver Mural Festival Winter Arts turns public spaces into an augmented reality gallery. Simply download the VMP mobile app and explore with your other half.
- Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival. When the weather is cold, hightail it to the hot choc festival for a wintry warmer. While this one isn’t a free event (you do have to purchase drinks and goodie bags) it’s still very much an easy one on the hip pocket.
- Hike Lynn Canyon Park. Vancouver is not short of parks and hiking trails and Lynn Canyon Park is both easily accessible and offers a number of breezy walks you can fill your day with.
- Hang out at Queen Elizabeth Park. Arguably one of the best viewpoints of the city, Queen Elizabeth Park towers over the rest at 410ft above sea level. Pack a picnic to up the romance today.