Transform the way you collect data with Typeform
Say goodbye to boring! Typeform helps your business build interactive forms that your customers will actually want to complete.
Typeform is a software as a service (SaaS) that creates dynamic forms for websites. It was founded in 2012 by Robert Munoz and David Okuniev, launched in 2014 and hit 100,000 users within eight months. Based in Barcelona, Spain, the company counts Apple, Uber, Nike, and Airbnb as clients.
What is Typeform?
Typeform’s main offering is its web-based platform. It’s designed to collect and share information via a series of questions that stand apart from the typical form-filling method for gathering user data on the Internet. The site insists that any and all typeforms can be created without the user having to write any code. The main service is available in more than 25 languages as of July 2017. A full list of offered languages is available on Typeform’s site.
Among other things, Typeform can create:
- Contact forms
- Job application forms
- Online order forms
- Quizzes and tests
- Registration forms
- Waiting lists
- Guest lists
- Landing pages
- Interactive storytelling
- Simple apps
Paid subscription features
With subscription plans, additional Typeform features become available for customers. They include:
- Conditional logic: Depending on a respondent’s answers, the form jumps between questions and takes different paths along the typeform.
- Respondent notification: Ability to send custom emails to respondents automatically after they complete the typeform.
- Calculator: Allows you to assign numbers or values to answers for the purpose of computing a score or a price within the typeform or at its conclusion.
- Payment field: Allows respondents to enter financial information for the purpose of buying a product of service from your business.
Other Typeform services
- Webhooks: When there is a new Typeform submission, a notification containing the response data is sent to the URL of your choosing.
- Data API: With this feature, users can pull their typeform data into a results table, and/or export those results in a .csv or .xls format. The Data API also allows you to write code that will send your Typeform results from the form directly to your own application anywhere on the Internet without having to sign on to the Typeform website.
- Embed Typeform on Hugo sites: Hugo is a website generator written in the Go language. If you have such a site, you can use a quick tutorial to embed your Typeform offerings onto your site.
Plans and pricing
There are three packages available in TypeForm: BASIC, PRO, and PRO+, as described below. Prices are displayed in US Dollars.
|Plans||Features||Number of responses||Price (per user)|
|PRO||Unlimited||$30 per month (billed annually)|
$35 per month (billed monthly)
|PRO+||Unlimited||$59 per month (billed annually)|
$70 per month (billed monthly)
Prices last checked July 2017
Pros and cons
Typeform offers a wide variety of services with its SaaS packages. There are some questions about costs at the highest level, however.
- The BASIC offer is enough to service some websites for years, until they are big enough to demand more.
- Although it prides itself on being code-free, Typeform’s Data API offering is attractive for those who like to dabble and make their websites a bit more streamlined.
- The pricing on the PRO+ plan is pretty opaque, only telling you the starting price without any indication of how much each additional user would be, unless you make a phone call to Typeform.
- While the site offers a lot of helpful information for its more advanced features like Data API and Webhooks, it also plainly states staff members won’t “troubleshoot your code or give step-by-step development instructions”.
FAQs about Typeform
More guides on Finder
Can you open an IG Markets account in Canada?
You can’t open an IG Markets account if you live in Canada – but that doesn’t mean you’re not out of options.
Slack: Features, prices, pros and cons
Features, prices and customer reviews on this popular business communications platform.
Interactive Brokers review
IBKR offers Pro and Lite accounts along with some of the lowest fees and margin interest rates on the market. But it’s not for beginners.
Credit card processing for small businesses
This guide will help you decide which credit card processing service is ideal for your business.
Top 10 alternatives to CoinMarketCap
These sites can help you research cryptocurrency prices, market capitalization, trading volume and more.
What is Ethereum’s Casper update? Everything you need to know
Read our ultimate guide to the Ethereum Casper update, how it works and how it will change the Ethereum network.
Create high-impact infographics with Infogram
Infogram is a web-based visual data representation platform that allows users of all skill levels to create charts, infographics and maps from their own data sets.
SurveyMonkey: Send professional surveys
SurveyMOnkey combines fun, survey-making abilities with deep-drilling analytics, to power data gathering and parsing for clients large and small through a variety of tools.
Optimize your website’s images with Kraken
Speed up your website’s load times and reduce the size of images while maintaining their quality with Kraken.io.
Automate your business’s SEO with SheerSEO
SheerSEO offers mid-level to full-spectrum SEO packages for individual websites, businesses and SEO agencies and professionals. Its user-friendly interface features visual representations of most tracking elements.