Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Trello: Pricing, features, pros & cons
It’s celebrated by customers, but features and tech support are limited.
The information on this page, including features and prices, is current as of April 17, 2020 from Trello.com.
Underpinning Trello’s software offerings is its board system, where users can create lists, add task cards, set due dates and assign tasks to team members.
Most features offered on this simple, highly visual platform are designed to support the board system:
- Boards. Create a project board — a workflow hub where invited team members can design lists, add task cards and comment on project progress.
- Due dates. Set deadlines for task cards and assign them to appropriate team members.
- Workflow automation. Eliminate tedious tasks with rule-based triggers, custom card and board buttons, calendar commands and deadline comments.
- Team board templates. Take advantage of a comprehensive library of industry-specific board templates, including custom designs for those in engineering, marketing and product management.
- Board app integrations. Customize projects with a range of board-specific app-integrations — called Trello Power-Ups — across analytics and reporting, communications, social media, file management and more.
Trello pricing and fees
The information below is current as of April 17, 2020 from Trello.com.
Trello offers a free service alongside 2 paid tiers: Business Class and Enterprise. Eligible educational institutions receive a 30% discount on Trello’s paid tiers, while registered nonprofits are eligible for discounts of up to 75%. Prices below are in USD.
|Cost||$0 per user, per month|
|Features||All features of Basic tier, plus:||All features of Business Class tier, plus:|
How do I sign up for Trello?
If you’re ready to create an account, head to Trello’s website:
- Click Sign Up on Trello’s homepage.
- Enter your email address. Click Continue.
- Enter your full name and create a password. Click Sign up.
- Give your first Trello board a name and add titles for cards in your Things To Do list.
- Confirm your email address by following the link Trello sends to your inbox.
How does Trello work?
Trello is online project-management software designed to help individuals and teams organize and complete tasks. It offers a free tier with limited board integrations and three paid service tiers.
Trello’s software uses interactive project boards for teammates to create to-do lists and task cards, set deadlines and assign tasks to fellow team members. A mobile app for both Android and iOS helps teams stay connected across a variety of devices with offline synchronization to cover periodic lapses in Internet connectivity.
Pros and cons
- Free service tier. Individuals and teams can access Trello’s core software for free.
- Highly reviewed. Trello garners impressively high feedback across Trustpilot, G2, Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- Lots of integrations. Between Trello’s board-specific add-ons and its browser extensions, it offers more than 200 app, plug-in and software integrations.
- Limited support. Trello tech support is limited to email inquiries on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
- Limited features. Trello’s free service tier limits board Power-Ups, and its core features aren’t as robust as competing task-management software providers.
Customer reviews and complaints
Trello feedback is overwhelmingly positive. It earns an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and high marks across a number of review platforms:
|Trustpilot||G2||Google Play||Apple App Store|
4.7 out of 5
4.3 out of 5
4.5 out of 5
4.6 out of 5
Customers rave about Trello’s simple, user-friendly design and rely on the platform to organize both personal and business-related tasks. Common complaints include Trello’s lack of dark mode (though third-party extensions can solve the problem) and login errors when switching between devices.
How do I contact Trello support?
The only way to correspond with Trello customer support is by email:
- Email. Complete a secure online form for a reply from customer support.
This popular software helps individuals and teams stay organized and on task with collaborative boards, lists and tasks. Customers say it’s quick to pick up, and it maintains an outstanding reputation across multiple review platforms. It’s biggest drawback? Limited tech support.
You might also be interested in...
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
Coinbase vs Coinbase Pro
We compare Coinbase and Coinbase Pro side-by-side so you can see the differences in fees, features, supported cryptocurrencies and more.
Simplii Financial wire transfer review
Pay zero fees for safe and secure money transfers to over 120 countries.
Where to bulk buy N95, P2 and FFP3 face masks
If you’re looking to outfit your staff in respiratory face masks, these online retailers can help.
Investing in robotics stocks
What investors should consider before adding robotics stocks to their portfolio.
Make your will or designate a power of attorney for a fraction of the cost with this online will-making service.
CIBC Smart Plus Account review
Frequent travellers and heavy bank service users will benefit from the CIBC Smart Plus Account.
Investing in telecommunication services stocks
Major benefits and risks to consider before you invest in telecom services.
Wix discount codes and coupons July 2021 | Create high-functionality website using Wix
Create your website. It’s easy to do it yourself. Wix are leaders in website creation andprovide great service and assistance.
TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan Review
Avoid paying transaction fees and enjoy specialty banking services with this premium chequing account.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.