Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance review
Term life insurance for up to $1,000,000 with guaranteed premiums.Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance is a standard term life insurance option that guarantees your premiums in the first 10 or 20 years of your policy. However, the application process involves more questions about your health than some other Sun Life term life insurance products. Policy exclusions, limitations and restrictions are available on the Sun Life website.
What is Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance?
Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance product is a term life insurance policy. Term life insurance offers you coverage for a specific length of time. The Go Term Life product covers you for 10 or 20 years, during which time your premiums are guaranteed not to rise. The minimum coverage you can apply for is $100,000; the maximum is $1,000,000. You can apply online after answering some questions about your health and medical history. The policy automatically renews after 10 or 20 years, at which point your premiums will rise. That said, they do not rise every year, but stay at the same renewal rate for the length of your coverage. Canadians between the ages of 18 and 69 are eligible to apply.
What types of life insurance does Sun Life offer?
Sun Life is one of Canada’s Big Three insurance companies. It offers a wide variety of coverage options.
- Life insurance. Sun Life offers both permanent and term life insurance options. Term life insurance tends to be cheaper than permanent life insurance, though the latter allows you to direct some of your premiums to long-term savings.
- Disability insurance. This provides you with an income if you become injured or sick and can’t work.
- Critical illness. This provides you with a lump-sum payment upon approval of claim, but claimants need to meet the definition of the covered illness. Not all serious illnesses are covered. Claimants also decide how they will spend the reimbursement of the health insurance benefit. Most health insurance expenses are paid by the plan member up front and then reimbursed by Sun Life.
Check out our full review of all Sun Life’s insurance coverage here.
What riders can I add to my Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance policy?
According to Sun Life, you can purchase accidental death insurance coverage of up to $500,000. his provides additional funds to your beneficiaries if you die within 90 days as the direct result of an accident. Exclusions and limitations apply.
How much does Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance cost?
We applied online for a quote, seeking $500,000 in coverage for a 20-year term. We used a 45-year-old male non-smoker living in British Columbia as our test case. We did not list any history of major illness. Sun Life quoted us a premium of $97.86 per month for this product.
Pros and cons of Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance
Sun Life insurance reviews and complaints
Sun Life has the highest possible rating, an A+, from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). It is not accredited with the organization. Sun Life received an average review of 2.5 out of 5 stars from 11 customer reviews on the BBB site. It is worth noting Sun Life has millions of customers in Canada, so the sample size of reviews is miniscule.
How do I apply for Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance?
You can purchase Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance online. Here are some ways to get in touch with Sun Life.
- Online. You can apply for a quote online by clicking the green “Go to site” button above where you’ll be securely redirected to the Sun Life website.
- Phone. Call Sun Life to receive a quote.
- Email. You can email Sun Life to get in touch with your advisor or to ask about your individual insurance products.
- Find an advisor. Sun Life’s website helps you locate an advisor in your area that can help you with inquiries about Sun Life financial products.
Compare other Sun Life Financial life insurance products
Sun Life Go Term Life Insurance can be a good choice for people looking for coverage of up to $1,000,000. The application process is straightforward and can be done online, though you may have to answer more questions about your medical history than you would for other Sun Life term life insurance products.