Looking for the best way to send money from Canada to family, friends or businesses in Yemen (or even to your own overseas bank account)?
Unfortunately, Finder doesn't have any providers that can help you send money to Yemen from Canada. Transferring money to countries like Yemen is challenging but potentially services such as Western Union and WorldRemit are worth exploring.
Best ways to send money to Yemen from CanadaThe best way to send money to Yemen depends on your payment method, how you want your money to be received and how fast you need it to arrive.
- Online money transfer provider. When buying Canadian dollars or Yemeni rials money transfer specialists typically offer better rates and cheaper fees than a local bank.
Compare other Canada money transfer companies
Although we don't have any options for you to transfer money to Yemen, here are some other money transfer companies that send from Canada you can check out in the meantime.
Cheapest way to send money to Yemen
When you're hunting down the cheapest ways to send money to Yemen, it's more important to look at the overall cost of your transfer. This has a couple of elements:
- Transfer fees. While still cheaper than your Canadian bank, some money transfer services charge either a fixed or percentage-based fee for making your transfer.
- Exchange rates. Another way money transfer providers make money is to add a margin to the mid-market CAD/YER exchange rate.
Some providers may charge the mid-market rate but add fees on top. Others may have very low fees but apply a markup on the exchange rate. This means it is important to compare exactly how many Yemeni rials your recipient will end up with.
Safest way to send money to Yemen
The safest way to get your money to Yemen is to use a provider registered with Canada's industry regulator, the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada. All of the companies we've compared in our table are overseen by a local regulator and comply with the relevant laws and regulations in both Canada and Yemen.
A great way to dive deeper is by reading our extended reviews of each transfer service and researching first-hand customer feedback on Trustpilot and similar platforms.
Large money transfers to Yemen
If you need to make a sizable money transfer to Yemen, consider using a provider such as to benefit from its expertise in handling larger transfer amounts.Using a large transfer specialist can have the following advantages:
- Tax guidance. Large transfers to Yemen may have tax implications for you or your recipient. A transfer specialist can help get you up to speed on CRA's latest advice.
- Foreign exchange (forex) tools. Advanced tools such as forward contracts, limit orders and stop-loss orders can help you lock in the YER exchange rate you want.
- Account manager. Some money transfer providers assign a personal account manager who can help and advise you on your transfer needs.
- Phone service. If you want to talk your transfer through with someone, some providers can give you support over the phone.
How to send money to Yemen from Canada
To send money to Yemen, you'll need the necessary documentation, your recipient's details and a way to pay.
- Compare your options.
Use our table to find a money transfer provider that sends funds to Yemen. One may be better for cash pickups while another may suit a bank transfer. Once you've found the best one for your requirements, click "Go to site".
- Create an account.
You'll need to give your name, address, contact details, proof of ID and method of payment.
- Provide your recipient's details.
Enter your recipient's name and contact information. If you're sending straight to their Yemeni bank account, you'll need the account number, SWIFT or IBAN plus their bank branch's address.
- Enter your transfer amount.
Check you're happy with the fees, exchange rates and transfer speed, then enter the amount you wish to send. Double-check the total Yemeni rials your recipient gets.
- Complete your transfer.
Send your money transfer to Yemen. Keep your transaction reference number safe so you can track your transfer. Your recipient may need it too.
How to choose the best money transfer companies to send money to Yemen
Although we currently have any active deals to help you transfer money to Yemen from Canada, below we cover the most features to consider when researching providers.
- Exchange rates. Banks and transfer services use the mid-market rate to trade with one another. It is the best rate you can get. However, not all money transfer providers offer you this mid-market rate so compare the YER you're offered to the mid-market rate and look for the smallest difference.
- Transfer fees. Are you being charged a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer amount? For example, a provider offering to transfer your money to Yemen for a flat or low fee might work out better if you plan to send a large amount.
- Transfer type. Does your recipient have a Yemeni bank account or is cash or cell phone top-up a better option? Each transfer type will have different fees. For example, instant cash pickups tend to be more expensive than bank transfers.
- Transfer speed. If you need your transfer to arrive quickly, you can pay for an express delivery. Some companies offer instant cash pickups but may charge more. If you're not in a rush, online money transfer services offer the best value and get your money to Yemen faster and cheaper than banks.
- Transfer limits. Find out how much you can send with each service.
- Discounts. Some providers may offer you a free transfer simply for signing up. Others may offer a discount if you transfer more than a specific amount of Yemeni rials.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Find the best way to send money to Morocco
Looking for the best way to send money from Canada to Morocco? Services, rates and fees compared.
Find the best way to send money to Malaysia
Looking for the best way to send money from Canada to Malaysia? Services, rates and fees compared.
Find the best way to send money to Pakistan
Want to send CAD to Pakistan? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Find the best way to send money to Singapore
Sending money to Singapore from Canada? Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Find the best way to send money to Ireland
Want to send CAD to Ireland? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Find the best way to send money to New Zealand
Transferring CAD-NZD is easy with our comprehensive guide to the best ways to send money from Canada to New Zealand.
Find the best way to send money to Fiji
Need to transfer CAD to FJD? Learn how to pick the right service to send your money to Fiji.
Find the best way to send money to Nepal
Transferring CAD-NPR is easy with our comprehensive guide to the best ways to send money from Canada to Nepal.
Find the best way to send money to the Philippines
Want to send CAD to the Philippines? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Find the best way to send money to India
Want to send CAD to India? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.